Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Marnocks Bay - Dun Si

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭brisan

jalikhata wrote: »
    M really sorry, but still i didn’t get you

There is a large settled traveller halting site on the Moyne road near Bay View.
    They settled there illegally years ago as it was near the trotting racetrack in Portmarnock

its now a legal council run Traveller halting site

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭JustAThought

brisan wrote: »
    There is a large settled traveller halting site on the Moyne road near Bay View.
    They settled there illegally years ago as it was near the trotting racetrack in Portmarnock

its now a legal council run Traveller halting site
    Its beside ehere they are now building a huge new development of ‘houses’ - you’d have heard of it - eighteen traveller ‘homes’ recently moved in there too and refused to go unless they were given a couole of thousand moving money by the builders. Its now playing out in the high court - its literally up the road. Same or similar ‘travellers’ - 16 caravans and as many white hiace vans many with no registration plates ( they fell off boss) are now ‘camped’ up in Gorse Hill near the Ryanair HQ and new Tesco - odd thing is - guess what - they are building new houses there too - must be a lucrative source of money for them. One winders where CAB and Revenue and SW investigatirs are. And as usual - refuse piling up high alonside them. Its in their ‘culture’.

Anybody interested in airport noise should look up the faIrly passive Portmarnock Forum on the internet or St Margarets anti night flights airport facsbook group - what is happening to
    homes, businesses, schools and communities in St Margarets is chilling. If it was happening in Korea ir China RTE would be aLl over it. Houses too close to the new ( not yet opened or used runway) being CPO’d as uninhabitable due to noise, schools being soundproofed as unsafe for childrens hearing but no protection for outdoor games/GAA pitches, Businesses and their land being offered only a set houseprice rate for the bricks & mortar & no compensAtion for loss of business or luvluehood or farms yet the land being deIgnated unsafe for human habitation due to noise levels, etc etc
    All this before the runway opens and before the new most lax laws in Europe in relation to planes and noise are enacted in Ireland courtesy of Fingal County Council - the new airport regulation approved body. You couldn’t make it up.

Its beside ehere they are now building a huge new development of ‘houses’ - you’d have heard of it - eighteen traveller ‘homes’ recently moved in there too and refused to go unless they were given a couole of thousand moving money by the builders. Its now playing out in the high court - its literally up the road. Same or similar ‘travellers’ - 16 caravans and as many white hiace vans many with no registration plates ( they fell off boss) are now ‘camped’ up in Gorse Hill near the Ryanair HQ and new Tesco - odd thing is - guess what - they are building new houses there too - must be a lucrative source of money for them. One winders where CAB and Revenue and SW investigatirs are. And as usual - refuse piling up high alonside them. Its in their ‘culture’.

Anybody interested in airport noise should look up the faIrly passive Portmarnock Forum on the internet or St Margarets anti night flights airport facsbook group - what is happening to
    homes, businesses, schools and communities in St Margarets is chilling. If it was happening in Korea ir China RTE would be aLl over it. Houses too close to the new ( not yet opened or used runway) being CPO’d as uninhabitable due to noise, schools being soundproofed as unsafe for childrens hearing but no protection for outdoor games/GAA pitches, Businesses and their land being offered only a set houseprice rate for the bricks & mortar & no compensAtion for loss of business or luvluehood or farms yet the land being deIgnated unsafe for human habitation due to noise levels, etc etc
    All this before the runway opens and before the new most lax laws in Europe in relation to planes and noise are enacted in Ireland courtesy of Fingal County Council - the new airport regulation approved body. You couldn’t make it up.

Surely a conscientious EA or Developer will inform all prospective buyers of such information
    Or is it a case of Caveat Emptor

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭House Hunt

Care to share a link to the portmarnock forum on the internet or the correct name of the facebook group as nothing is coming up in the search bar for what you've mentioned above.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭sparkle109

Does anyone know how the launch went? Seems to be some still up on daft from what I can see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 cunnerz21

sparkle109 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how the launch went? Seems to be some still up on daft from what I can see

Apparently just 2 3 bed units left

cunnerz21 wrote: »
    Apparently just 2 3 bed units left

Ya 2 semi-detached units, not on HTB. They are the exact same house as the end of terrace on HTB.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Any idea of the price of the detached 4 bed?

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Any idea of the price of the detached 4 bed?

640/645 depending on the orientation. Both were sold

Thanks for the reply. Strange that they’d price the semi detached just over the HTB limit, especially as not significantly different than the end terrace.
    Does anyone know if there’s a management fee here? I know the new development at the coast baldoyle has a management fee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 merikahan

Thanks for the reply. Strange that they’d price the semi detached just over the HTB limit, especially as not significantly different than the end terrace.
    Does anyone know if there’s a management fee here? I know the new development at the coast baldoyle has a management fee

There is no management fees per my last discussion I had with EA but it was for Dun-Si (not skylark).

How did you like the new development at the coast, baldoyle ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,453 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

brisan wrote: »
    Check out the neighbours in bay view
    The mobile kind of neighbours

Not sure what your getting at but the Travellers who live on the Moyne road have been there for over 30 years and to my knowledge they have never caused any issues in the area or surrounding area

I know a couple of them personally just to say hello to and have chat and there decent families and people who keep themselves to themselves ,

Anyone in the area will tell you the same ,

Not sure what your getting at but the Travellers who live on the Moyne road have been there for over 30 years and to my knowledge they have never caused any issues in the area or surrounding area

I know a couple of them personally just to say hello to and have chat and there decent families and people who keep themselves to themselves ,

Lived in the area since 1971

• Registered Users Posts: 21 MArk2486

Hi All,

Looking at houses in this area and wanted to see about Dun Si - for anyone living there currently. Some questions:

How long did it take for the build?
    Buying off the plans - were you shown optional floor plans or was it just house numbers?
    How do you find the neighbour noise through the semi-d and terrace? (Loud TV/music etc)
    The air to water heat system - how is that working out? Much of a difference with bills? And is there always hot water?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

MArk2486 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Looking at houses in this area and wanted to see about Dun Si - for anyone living there currently. Some questions:

Buying off the plans - were you shown optional floor plans or was it just house numbers?
    How do you find the neighbour noise through the semi-d and terrace? (Loud TV/music etc)
    The air to water heat system - how is that working out? Much of a difference with bills? And is there always hot water?

Thanks!

I can't help with any of the other questions, but as far as I am aware all of the Dun Si development has already been built with a while. So you wouldn't be buying off plans in Dun Si.

We have signed contracts for Skylark which is beside Dun si and have been told it’ll likely be June/July before they’re ready. Unfortunately can’t answer your questions but would be interested in replies :)

Congrats! Exciting times - did you have much option on the plans, or was it smash and grab take what was left? Skylark release looked to be very small number of houses

Thanks for that - as I said, looking at the overall complex, and wanted to understand more about the process that people had in Dun Si as the next phase Skylark is quite similar

To be honest, no, no scope for changing anything as far as I know and by the time we got our appointment to view quite a few had been reserved. I think there are some left however, are you looking at the same development?
    Congrats! Exciting times - did you have much option on the plans, or was it smash and grab take what was left? Skylark release looked to be very small number of houses

• Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Hi All,

Thanks!

We're in an apartment in Dun Si so these answers might help you. As mentioned earlier, Dun Si is finished as a development so not sure how relevant the answers are though.

Build - they were 3 months behind schedule so nearly a year.
    Options - none were shown to us or anyone I know of.
    Noise - Its soundproof due to the flight path so not an issue
    Heating system - works fine but yet to meet anyone who knows how to work it right.
    Bills - Can't answer that until we figure out how to work it
    Hot warm - yep, all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 YGG

Hi All,

Thanks!

Build - we agreed to buy a 4 bed semi-d mid June and we got the keys mid Sept.
    Plans - we were able to see the actual property from the outside but weren't allowed in for safety reasons. We were shown the showroom.
    Noise - not an issue
    Heating - working great so far (after I figured out how it works)
    Bills - usage seems to be low but haven't received a bill yet

Does anyone know if the first phase of Skylark sold out?

Does anyone know if the first phase of Skylark sold out?

The first phase did yes - 21 units

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭baldbear

I live in the area 4 years and regularly see them carry rubbish across the road and throw into the hedges and field. A mattress was the most recent thing. If you look tt the side of the road you might see other dumped stuff from.jobs like rubble or garden clearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,453 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

baldbear wrote: »
    I live in the area 4 years and regularly see them carry rubbish across the road and throw into the hedges and field. A mattress was the most recent thing. If you look tt the side of the road you might see other dumped stuff from.jobs like rubble or garden clearance.

I know two of the families quite well and they have had problems in the past with people dumping rubble and stuff out side the entrance of Moyne park , Obviously knowing that the travellers will get the blame,

In fact its funny you mentioned a mattress as one morning I stopped to help one of the lads move a whole bed that someone dumped at the side of the round just where the bend is,

Now I'm not calling you liar if you seen them throwing rubbish into the field I can only take you for your word but it would be unusual for them ,

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭MILF

Hi all,

I am moving into a property in Dun Si at St Marnock's Bay and I'm wondering if any current residents had any issue with getting Sky internet or TV? It is coming up on the Sky website that it does not serve the development, but i'm hoping its because its so new!

Any help/guidance much apprecated!

(MODS - feel free to move this if you need to!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

MILF wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am moving into a property in Dun Si at St Marnock's Bay and I'm wondering if any current residents had any issue with getting Sky internet or TV? It is coming up on the Sky website that it does not serve the development, but i'm hoping its because its so new!

Any help/guidance much apprecated!

(MODS - feel free to move this if you need to!)

I think many of the surrounding developments went with Virgin fibre in the build, so that might be the default. Sky is now available where I am, but it took a management company decision to enable dishes to be mounted, rather than It being an independent choice. That's apartments rather than houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭MILF

Yeah, apartments would have to get "permission" as such. Did you get Sky yourself? They seem to not be able to give me a definite answer as to whether the TV is available.
    I think many of the surrounding developments went with Virgin fibre in the build, so that might be the default. Sky is now available where I am, but it took a management company decision to enable dishes to be mounted, rather than It being an independent choice. That's apartments rather than houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

MILF wrote: »
    Yeah, apartments would have to get "permission" as such. Did you get Sky yourself? They seem to not be able to give me a definite answer as to whether the TV is available.

It's available to switch to, but I stuck with Virgin. It wasn't available up until about five years ago or so. You could always check with Virgin. At this stage, it's probably either one or the other, but in just guessing here...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Tazium

I'm in Dun Si and watching daily the progress being made with Skylark. I know what it's like waiting on build progress, we waiting for 8 months and with living on the South Side previously it was often a trek over to be disappointed with progress.

If those with interest in Skylark would like a regular update with a photo or two, just drop me a PM and I'll do that for ye. Best of luck and congrats on your purchase.

Wife and I are really happy here.

Advertisement