Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NRL and all things Rugby League down under

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,902 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

MUFC91CS wrote: »
    thoroughly looking forward to it. Actually like the fact its being played at the end of the season and not interrupting the regular season itself. NSW by 6

I preferred it mid season myself. Gave the Warriors a pop at understrength teams! :pac:

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Maroons lucky to only be 10 down. I thought the first half was a bit dull.

Great 2nd half by Queensland, excellent win to set up the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Great 2nd half by Queensland, excellent win to set up the series.

Bennet has to be the greatest coach in the game - what about that turnaround - absolutely brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

Great second half by QLD. NSW had very little answer.

Sets it up really well as I thought NSW were going to sweep it easy enough.

• Advertisement

NSW well on top in this one now.

NSW well on top in this one now.

Gutted! All set up for a grand stand Brisbane finale

Danick wrote: »

Gutted! All set up for a grand stand Brisbane finale

Yeah, non event today, QLD never got going. It's how I thought the first game was going to go tbh.

Blues very strong favourites for the final game now.

Munster was a huge loss for QLD. If he's out of game 3 I think they can forget about it.

Never saw that score coming after last round's battering, a brilliant win. Worst Queensland team ever too, lol.

• Advertisement

NRL tinkering with the rules again. 2 points for a FG outside the 40m line being the big one. Time will tell but not a fan of the idea at present.

First game of the season on this morning, hooray!

Storm v Bunnies, hoping for a Souths win, but expecting otherwise.

This morning's games Knights v Bulldogs up first, followed by Broncos v Eels.

Edit: Knights outclassed the Dogs, and Broncos had their trademark 2nd half collapse.

Good win for the Warriors over the Titans, on too feckin early to watch unfortunately. Roosters hammered Manly, far too one sided to make for good entertainment. Panthers Cowboys next up.

Edit: Panthers battering the Cowboys. Most games so far this round have been way too one sided sadly.

Comfortable for the Raiders v Tigers.

If I was a Dragons fan I'd be pretty p*ssed off with the officiating in this game, some terrible decisions on and off the pitch (as usual) means Sharks will probably see this out now. Saying that, dragons were crap first half.

All in all, a dud first round. Not a good advert for the NRL.

I've found Fox League on an Android streaming app, picture probably only SD but it'll do on my phone when I'm at work. Happy days! (If it stays working).

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭barryribs

Great game by the bunnies yesterday. Was very tight up till mid way through the second half. Cook's tackle was the turning point for me. Good improvements from the first round

Some of the finest old school Rugby League kicking this morning (missing from everywhere). Sharks just don't have anyone who can kick from a tee.

They had the Raiders beaten if they only had a kicker.

The Thursday game between the storm and eels on Thursday was quality depsite the horrendous conditions.

Very disappointing result for the warriors over the weekend. thought they left it behind them.

Outside of that the rooster, bunnies and panthers all looked very good. Game of the weekend for me was the cowboys and dragons. Great to have the nrl back

What a game that was. Don't support either team but that was intense.

• Advertisement

Some comeback from the mighty Warriors this morning! From 21 points down to beat the Raiders 34 - 31.

Doggies look pretty poor again today unfortunately. Another long season for them I think.

Unbelievable win from the Warriors. RTS is absolutely irreplaceable. We should really be 3 from 3 now. Left the Knights game behind us last week.

The dogs dreadful. At this point they look worse than last year even with some big signings. At least last year they fought hard. Looked absolutely gutless on Saturday.

some injuries over the weekend with the raiders playing with 14 and the sharks playing with 13 for large periods of the game.

Sea Eagles and Bulldogs absolutely battered again this round. 4 hours now since Canterbury scored a point. Penrith and Souths look the teams to beat this year. Storm Broncos next, expect Melbourne to get a comfortable win.

Sea Eagles and Bulldogs absolutely battered again this round. 4 hours now since Canterbury scored a point. Penrith and Souths look the teams to beat this year. Storm Broncos next, expect Melbourne to get a comfortable win.

My team - The Cowboys having a horrible start to the season - think round 4 will be hell with Clifford, Marsters and Dunn dropped. I imagine the Broncos game will get ugly score wise - Storm will surely put them to the sword.

Can't imagine too many new supporters of Rugby League being enticed by these hammerings virtually every game. It's boring. And sorry Danick, Sharks pummeling the Cowboys.

Can't imagine too many new supporters of Rugby League being enticed by these hammerings virtually every game. It's boring. And sorry Danick, Sharks pummeling the Cowboys.

It's tough being a Cowboys fan at the moment - has the 6 again rule made it harder for weaker teams?

Danick wrote: »
    It's tough being a Cowboys fan at the moment - has the 6 again rule made it harder for weaker teams?

It's ruining the game for me, so far this weekend only one of the games has been vaguely interesting

This article I read a couple of weeks ago has been shown to be pretty well on the money with subsequent rounds results.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/mar/15/have-nrl-rule-changes-gone-too-far-in-2021-not-based-on-round-one

Warriors garbage this morning, Knights also battered today, though closer for a lot longer than most games this year.

Average winning margin this week is more than 20 points. :(

Tigers made a good game of that in the end. Eels couldn't put them away despite being the better team for most of the 80 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭barryribs

That finish to the bunnies/tigers game was absolutely INSANE!

Advertisement