Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clay Farm, Leopardstown, Dublin 18

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Gabrielle2010

does anyone know are there any plans of connecting Clay Farm or any surrounding estates on to Ballyogan road, to get easier access to luas??
    Clayfarm has received a couple million in LIHAF to build infrasture

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

I don't mean to tar all welfare receipients with one brush ...

I saw recently new social housing open in Dublin 6 and pretty decent families got it (good looking couples + kids, good clobber, gadgets, language and behaviour, two cars etc..).

zom wrote: »
    I don't mean to tar all welfare receipients with one brush ...

I saw recently new social housing open in Dublin 6 and pretty decent families got it (good looking couples + kids, good clobber, gadgets, language and behaviour, two cars etc..).

I said I'm not painting everyone with the same brush. I was on welfare when i was unemployed. You didn't read the rest of what I said or misinterpreted what I said/ took it out of context. Do you think the system is fair that a middle income family can only afford to live in a crumy apartment, have 1 decent car and the other is a banger trying to get a morgate to live somewhere half decent. I have to tell my son no he can't have a garden because we came currently to rent a house. We can't own a dog which we've wanted to for years. We can't plan our second child because we don't have the space and can't afford a bigger place. We live in Stepaside but will probably only get a home in Wicklow, Meath or Kildare- if our morgate approval goes ahead, especially given that I'm on contract. We don't exactly have choice.
    Our taxes are funding the Rebuilding Ireland scheme- one of which is Clayfarm. The circulars stated that affordable housing was to be provided as part of being a recipient to the fund. However that is certainly not he case in Clayfarm or soon to be Cherrywood. Taxes and funding isn't going to help middle or lower income families, it's just helping out developers who would normally have to foot the bill for infrasture.
    Fair right?
    Where as social housing receipts have choice and get to stay in Dublin because people get all up in arms if they have to leave their area. Over half of those on the social housing list rejected their choice of housing some reasons stated are 'because it doesn't have a garden' or it's not in an area they like.
    I have a friend who doesn't work and lives on social welfare and got to choose her house with a lovely big garden in an area of her choice. Yet people like my husband and other friends of mine have had to look at moving outside of Dublin, pay our kids in creche and commute to work. The system Seems very fair. And I also have friends, like a lovely elderly couple who live in social housing.
    I'm not denying there are people with real need but its not fair having a system that doesn't reward work and make it more difficult for those who do. If we become unemployed we'd get housing, medical, study grants etc and more not currently available to us. The welfare system was originally created as short term aid. Not a way of life and for some- not all, it's a way of life.

You could always go on social welfare & put yourself on the housing list in dun laoghaire/rathdown.

Sounds like a plan! :)
    Pity, I like my job.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Are there any renderings/images of what the houses and development will look like?

• Administrators Posts: 53,125 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Has anyone seen any plans or brochures for these?

They are supposedly on sale in September but there are no details other than the price that I can find.

awec wrote: »

They are supposedly on sale in September but there are no details other than the price that I can find.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/environment/first-fast-tracked-development-plans-almost-1-000-dublin-homes-1.3161788

In the Irish Times today.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭MaudL

I registered on the website a while ago and received the below information. Then replied to the email with further questions and got the same canned answer :rolleyes: Haven't seen anything else since...

''I hope all is well and thank you very much for your enquiry in relation to Clay Farm, Leopardstown, Dublin 18.

This is a really exciting project to be involved in with Park Developments. The Park Developments Group is one of Ireland's most respected and long established development and building companies. Established in 1962, it has forged a reputation for building high quality residential and commercial properties and we are looking forward to launching the first phase of 3 & 4 bedroom houses this coming September at Clay Farm.

The registration page has just gone live and more marketing materials will be released in the very near future. www.clayfarm.ie

We will have a variety of both 3 & 4 bedroom houses in the initial phase ranging in size from 1,175 Sqft (109 Sqm) – 1,735 Sqft (161 Sqm). The overall site includes a 22 Acre Eco Park which will be delivered in the second phase, a fantastic amenity on your doorstep. The site entrance is also ideally positioned directly opposite Leopardstown Valley Luas Stop bringing passengers into Dublin’ City Centre in 25 minutes. Leopardstown shopping centre is also less than 150m from the developments entrance including anchor tenants Dunnes Stores.''

Yea I saw they were building a lot more but they're keeping it all very quiet regarding what they are building right now. I have no idea if I am interested or not cause I can't see any plans. :D

• Advertisement

MaudL wrote: »
    I registered on the website a while ago and received the below information. Then replied to the email with further questions and got the same canned answer :rolleyes: Haven't seen anything else since...

''I hope all is well and thank you very much for your enquiry in relation to Clay Farm, Leopardstown, Dublin 18.

This is a really exciting project to be involved in with Park Developments. The Park Developments Group is one of Ireland's most respected and long established development and building companies. Established in 1962, it has forged a reputation for building high quality residential and commercial properties and we are looking forward to launching the first phase of 3 & 4 bedroom houses this coming September at Clay Farm.

The registration page has just gone live and more marketing materials will be released in the very near future. www.clayfarm.ie

We will have a variety of both 3 & 4 bedroom houses in the initial phase ranging in size from 1,175 Sqft (109 Sqm) – 1,735 Sqft (161 Sqm). The overall site includes a 22 Acre Eco Park which will be delivered in the second phase, a fantastic amenity on your doorstep. The site entrance is also ideally positioned directly opposite Leopardstown Valley Luas Stop bringing passengers into Dublin’ City Centre in 25 minutes. Leopardstown shopping centre is also less than 150m from the developments entrance including anchor tenants Dunnes Stores.''

I registered and they did contact me with prices. Maybe give them a ring? They are releasing phase 1 in September. I was honestly taken aback by the price especially because the development is in receipt of LIHAF funding which has reduced their costs significantly but not having to pay anything towards infrastructure. Receipt of funding was suppose to speed up the development process and provide an affordable aspect however I don't see this at all. The developer just wins at the end of the day.
    We have been looking in the area and thought long and hard after losing out on new builds. The thing is new builds usually don't come with flooring, lights etc and even sometimes doesn't include the kitchen which you have to work into your budget. You also have a risk of the developer not completing your house or completing the snag list. We thought new build would be better but the fact you have to get tipped off by the developer or EA just to get in before launches is just super crazy. The second hand market also has its drawbacks but at least you know what you're getting and get the structural survey done to confirm there's nothing seriously wrong. We finally got a lovely home and went sale agreed this week. Its honestly such a weight of our shoulders. House hunting is not fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

We drove by to take a look a couple of weeks ago. We left hoping that those buildings at the front aren't houses (and are hopefully apartments instead) because they are NOT good looking buildings!

We drove by to take a look a couple of weeks ago. We left hoping that those buildings at the front aren't houses (and are hopefully apartments instead) because they are NOT good looking buildings!

Have to agree.
    I saw the plans. Those front ones appear to apartments and Part V. I also wouldn't want to be right by the esb substation. Think at the back closer to the mountain would be nice. Generally the third phase ones are nice. The developer has got further plans for the site next to Clayfarm. Think there will be circa 2000 homes.

The ones at the front are 3 story houses and they are pretty bad looking alright.

I am guessing they will be 3 bed as I am not sure why anyone would pay 560k+ for a 4 bed terrace house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

I saw the new posters went up today at the front of the site and checked out the website. I can't believe that 1175sqft 3 bed (terraced?) houses are "from" €470k. An extra bedroom costs €90k!!? The location has a lot of potential but the area doesn't even really have a secondary school and Ballyogan is on your door step... I'm trying not to knock the area, I'm moreso in disbelief at the prices. I really hope the area gets developed tastefully and responsibly to match the prices.

Yea they look to be terraced, at least the ones currently built are. It looks like they are building some semis too, I wonder if there'll be a mix of 3 story terrace 3 beds and 3 bed semis.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

They look absolutely awful and are packed together.

There also more expensive than houses in the Gallops across the way which are brick built and have front and back gardens.

It will be interesting to see if they sell out quickly.

They look absolutely awful and are packed together.

There also more expensive than houses in the Gallops across the way which are brick built and have front and back gardens.

It will be interesting to see if they sell out quickly.

They will definitely sell out quickly, they are right beside the green Luas line.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,218 ✭✭✭markpb

They will definitely sell out quickly, they are right beside the green Luas line.

They will definitely sell out quickly, they are houses in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,292 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Are the two story terraces (small terraces of 4 houses each I would guess) also made up of 3beds? I live very close (up the road towards Sandyford) and drive past a lot. Always assumed the two story houses were 3beds and the three story ones were 4beds, surprised that they are 3beds also.

Although such a large development will probably end up adversely impacting the price of nearby houses in the long run, I'm glad to see the empty fields right beside a green line Luas stop being developed. Should be far enough away from the rougher parts of Ballyogan as well.

The eventual plan is a road from the set of lights (going 'up' the road) at The Gallops Luas stop going through to Stepaside Village, with Clay Farm on the left hand side and Elmfield/Kilgobbin Wood in the right hand side as you turn onto the road from the main Ballyogan Road. Will make getting up to that village so much easier than at present.

• Advertisement

I dunno if the 3 story are 3 or 4 beds, I was just guessing when I said 3 beds.

If I was after a 4 bed house I am not sure I'd find a terrace house all that appealing tbh.

I'd say your right.

I thought the big 3 story ones at the front were the four beds from watching them being assembled but who knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭thebsharp

The 3 storey ones at the front are 4 beds according to the planning file on DLRCOCOs website. If you view documents in plan ref. D15A/0247 and look at the 'planning application' file or drawing files you can see a layout of the whole site. There may have been some minor amendments since then, when the developer was looking for compliance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

In fairness the houses in Glencairn or Glenbourne are smaller square footage and worse energy ratings. The Irish obsession with brick built is a bit out of date at this stage. 4 bed semi-d in Glencairn with approx 1500sqft and mod cons will be over 600k no bother.

Developer Michael Cotter has become the first house builder to avail of the Government's heavily-anticipated introduction of a temporary 'fast-track' planning application system for large-scale housing schemes.Viscount Securities, a company owned and controlled by Mr Cotter and his family, has submitted a pre-application proposal to An Bord Pleanala for a total of 934 new homes at Clay Farm in Leopardstown in south county Dublin.

http://www.independent.ie/business/developer-in-fast-track-bid-to-build-934-homes-in-dublin-35947845.html

picture from few days ago:
    yBQLNXn.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

This is an awful development. It looks hideous, with the houses at the front being an eye sore, right onto the Ballyogan road. I really hope they aren't the 4 beds, laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,292 ✭✭✭ionapaul

The smaller two-story terraces look really nice from the road IMHO - agree that the three-story terrace at the front lets the development down. Would love to know the pricing specifics; am guessing the smaller three-beds are about the 95 sq metre mark, with the three story houses more like 130 sq metre or so? Wonder if the prices will be comparable to homes in Glencairn and Kilgobbin Wood, or even higher?

ionapaul wrote: »
    Would love to know the pricing specifics

http://www.clayfarm.ie/

Agree these are eyesore but we are in the housing crisis and everything can go, so nobody (architects including) care

ionapaul wrote: »
    The smaller two-story terraces look really nice from the road IMHO - agree that the three-story terrace at the front lets the development down. Would love to know the pricing specifics; am guessing the smaller three-beds are about the 95 sq metre mark, with the three story houses more like 130 sq metre or so? Wonder if the prices will be comparable to homes in Glencairn and Kilgobbin Wood, or even higher?

In my view they are higher, In Glencairn you have an old fashioned landscaped development with open spaces , front gardens, maybe a garage and paths outside the houses , whilst the BER in clay farm is probably better your packed in tight and as in a lot of these developments when kids start to buy cars in years to come you'll be left with an almighty mess with no where to park. 445 for a three bed semi in Glencairn , little smaller but with more outside space which is very valuable v 470+ for one of these which are packed in.

That Luas stop across from the front of it will be overloaded in the morning when the 1000 or whatever homes are all finished never mind the 15000 coming on stream further down the track in Cherrywood and getting on to the M50 or down to Sandyford using Murphystown Road will he an absolute mess.

Certainly a lot to consider before you splash out 600k on one of those things at the front

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 eternal31

I'm new to this area. Is it a good, safe area? I search ballyogan and saw a few negative review. "high rate of child smoking and high rate of fighting and drug use" Is it true? There are also a few reported crimes there.

I was told Leopardstown is a good area and it's also close to Foxrock, Sandymount. I was actually surprised to see those review.

Advertisement