Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HOW TO REGISTER WITH FAS

• 26-02-2010 6:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi, anyone know how I go about registering with FAS? Can I call in to my local office or do I have to make an appointment? Can I do it online? Just 1 week unemployed but I am interested in doing the ECDL course or else applying for a WWP job.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭iguy

Hi naturalgoodies,
    I myself registered with fas 6 weeks ago and all I had to was go into the fas office,
    So all you have to do is go to your nearest fas office.
    Go to reception and s/he will ask you questions so as your address and your pps number(make sure you have that with you.) Also view will give you a form to fill in and you will be asked to sit down and fill it in,
    Then you go back to the reception desk and you hand the form in and you'll be asked to sit down until a fas officer see's you.
    All in all you'll only be there 15-25 mins.
    Hope this is a help to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 naturalgoodies

Thanks iguy.
    I found it hard to get any info from my local social welfare office.
    Do you need to bring a CV or anything with you?

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭iguy

Thanks iguy.
    I found it hard to get any info from my local social welfare office.
    Do you need to bring a CV or anything with you?

Your welcome,
    I did.nt have to bring a cv as I dont work as I've been on disability allow. Since I was 18,
    I'm 19 now(however I did work when I was in transistion year,and I did summer work)
    However I advise you to bring boy credentials as I was asked.
    By the I registered with fas to do a course in the national learning network which I'm starting on Tuesday coming.(March 2nd)
    Sincerely, iguy.
    Good luck.

Advertisement