Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

• 01-02-2016 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Carnacalla wrote: »
    747 inbound SNN. 19,000ft and decending.

Stobart about to turn for approach, wind 240 degrees 40kts G 49kts.

National are pretty regular visitors to Shannon.

Mod Note: New thread as 10,000 post limit attained. Previous thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057359945

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,097 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    That's some colour scheme. I suppose there is no chance of anyone getting a photo of it on the ground in SNN?

Not me anyway, not today :)

To Shannon757,

They seem to be as of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

AGC wrote: »
    Due 18.25

Landed bang on time, not bad considering the weather. :)

Woo 10,000th post

jimbis wrote: »
    Landed bang on time, not bad considering the weather. :)

There's no holding at DUB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

I'm aware of that. Landing bang on the minute in good weather is a challenge in itself never mind when there is bad weather and go arounds.

Wind has calmed mostly since around 17:30.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

There's a Star Air going from Shannon to Dublin at the minute on FRadar.

Does anyone know if this is scheduled or what? FR24 has a RYR pic against it.

Maybe it's a diverted flight getting back or something.

Cargo flight every weeknight.

Apologies if I'm wrong but I'm nearly sure I told you before.
    Also it has a picture of a Star Air aircraft for me.

Cargo flight every weeknight.

Apologies if I'm wrong but I'm nearly sure I told you before.
    Also it has a picture of a Star Air aircraft for me.

Thanks,

You could have told me before, but that would have been a long time ago. Don't post a lot, just enjoy the info.

Maybe now that I've got a rap on the knuckles I'll go back to my bunker again. :(

Thanks,

You could have told me before, but that would have been a long time ago. Don't post a lot, just enjoy the info.

Maybe now that I've got a rap on the knuckles I'll go back to my bunker again. :(

It wouldn't have been too long ago, and there's no need to be like that either, I didn't say it hostility.

Do you still have the RYR pic?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Thanks,

In fairness to Caracalla, he didn't come across to my way of thinking, as someone in "knuckle rapping mode". :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Bob_the_dog

Star Air is the nightly UPS flight out of SNN to Dub, picks up extra bins and onto Cologne.

DHL flight leaves at 9pm direct to EMA, at 12noon today DHL informed me SNN flight wouldn't leave due to weather so decided to take our freight from Galway to Dub to meet there, driver was close to Athlone @4pm when they decided to route him back to SNN as flight was back on, roll on 9pm and FR will tell me if I have hassle free day tomorrow :)

It wouldn't have been too long ago, and there's no need to be like that either, I didn't say it hostility.

Do you still have the RYR pic?

Ok, truce. It must have been the way I read it.

Anyway, that plane has landed now, and I'm just about to get me dinner! I wonder if Star Air has similar livery/colours to RYR. That might be where I made the mistake. Might need to go to specsavers.

I'm also going to confession now. Three hail marys. :D

Due weather? Someone hadn't checked the forecasts :P Wind Direction was spot on for SNN all day and not too bad for DUB.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Bob_the_dog

Due weather? Someone hadn't checked the forecasts :P Wind Direction was spot on for SNN all day and not too bad for DUB.

Strong winds was the reason given, thought it was a little premature at 12noon, we have approx 3/4 bins per night on that flight so they pay close attention to our shipments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Lets all play nice. Not everyone here is fully up to speed with the operators for each Irish airports. Similarly different levels of avgeeks have differing levels of knowledge.
    This forum is for learning and spreading knowledge.

Strong winds was the reason given, thought it was a little premature at 12noon, we have approx 3/4 bins per night on that flight so they pay close attention to our shipments

The forecasts were fairly lacking today anyway, maybe thats why the decision was made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

So, what will we call our third thread?

Shannon757 wrote: »
    So, what will we call our third thread?

God ya! 10,000 limit!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

The forecasts were fairly lacking today anyway, maybe thats why the decision was made.

While the TAFs overnight were on the usual conservative side the highest gust of 56 knots was reported before 7 am. Thereafter the highest gusts have been 46-49 knots right down the runway, still a bit more than this morning's TAF. The windshear was the bigger problem but I would still be expecting companies to be letting aircraft go in those conditions.

Unless it was conditions at EMA that they were concerned about.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DieselPowered

Can't believe another FR24 thread has reached 10,000 posts in a year when I started the first one back in 2013 lol :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DieselPowered

Was on the Shamrock 177 from LHR-DUB tonight and we went around at the threshold of 28 due to windsheer, height of 20-30 feet with a good bit of left wing drop and unstable roundout, second approach was similar but we landed :D

First ever go-around on Aer Lingus !!

376609.jpg

Anyone know what the wind was in Dublin at 21:30?

The pilot of RYR8QZ has a really strong and recognizable Scottish accent that I've heard before. Its even more peculiar when he says "Oiche Mhaith" to ATC, half the population don't even know what that means!

*Oiche Mhaith is Irish for Good night.

Can't believe another FR24 thread has reached 10,000 posts in a year when I started the first one back in 2013 lol :)

Most popular thread group excluding the YLYL's, congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭Bsal

The pilot of RYR8QZ has a really strong and recognizable Scottish accent that I've heard before. Its even more peculiar when he says "Oiche Mhaith" to ATC, half the population don't even know what that means!

*Oiche Mhaith is Irish for Good night.

I love that guy he's always very witty and funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭Bsal

Was on the Shamrock 177 from LHR-DUB tonight and we went around at the threshold of 28 due to windsheer, height of 20-30 feet with a good bit of left wing drop and unstable roundout, second approach was similar but we landed :D

First ever go-around on Aer Lingus !!

376609.jpg

Anyone know what the wind was in Dublin at 21:30?

EIDW 012130Z 24029KT 9999 FEW010 SCT030 BKN036 06/02 Q1007
    NOSIG=

It was gusting to 40kts the previous 30min.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Bsal wrote: »
    EIDW 012130Z 24029KT 9999 FEW010 SCT030 BKN036 06/02 Q1007
    NOSIG=

It was gusting to 40kts the previous 30min.

The gust reported in a metar only refers to the previous 10 minutes before the report.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Bsal wrote: »
    I love that guy he's always very witty and funny.

Was on A Ryanair flight with him before and he was trying to convince a scared flyer not to bail just as they were about to close the door. He was saying "Do you think I'd be doing this everyday if I thought it was unsafe" and brought her up to the flight deck.

Anyway she bailed.

Storm Henry passed without any major disruption at any Irish airports.
    Would have been none or close to it if the BA's didn't seem to get so tempermental everytime a breeze comes :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Yay my post is first!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭masit

Sounds like a C130 passing over Ireland. Showing on FR24 as Yanky99. Just north of Dublin now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement