Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭grbear

On a more serious note, congratulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

That ball from Connolly :eek:

It was sumptuous.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

grbear wrote: »
    Now that the five in a row is done what are the chances a few lads will retire?

Namely Roy Curtis. Please tell me there's a chance.

I might retire from this cesspit of a site.

Slattsy wrote: »
    That's Clucko gone. Certainly.

Best player the GAA has ever produced. Luckily we own him.

I'd give Murchan MOTM. Considering he's 14 that was unbelievable.

The way Cluxton walked around at the end it very much seemed that way.

He'll get the all-star now. And hopefully POTY.

I might retire from this cesspit of a site.

Ah ffs. Not you AND Stoner!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Abel Ruiz wrote: »
    Who got rte man of the match?

will be named on live tv later from Dublin's hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,435 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Kilkenny MOTM for me - has been so influential the past couple of years tbh. Thank God he's only 26.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭PressRun

That's Clucko gone. Certainly.

Best player the GAA has ever produced. Luckily we own him.

I'd give Murchan MOTM. Considering he's 14 that was unbelievable.

The way Cluxton walked around at the end it very much seemed that way.

He'll get the all-star now. And hopefully POTY.

Cluxton definitely looked like a man who might be hanging up the boots. POTY for me. Player of the decade even.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Just enjoy and wallow in it.
    I will.
    See ye all next week.😋😋😋😋😋😋

😋😋😋😋

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Fair play to the dubs. Best team ever

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Ah lads, unreal. I'm in bits after that. So many stepped up. I mean, Murchan? Who saw him as a possible goal scorer? Cluxton, who seems like he might retire while still playing like a man half his age. Unreal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 118 ✭✭aodomhnaill

Enjoy being a part of witnessing brilliant sporting history lads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

CatInABox wrote: »
    Ah lads, unreal. I'm in bits after that. So many stepped up. I mean, Murchan? Who saw him as a possible goal scorer? Cluxton, who seems like he might retire while still playing like a man half his age. Unreal.

Murchan was outstanding before he succumbed to his cramp.

Close contender behind Kilkenny and then O Callaghan for MOTM.

TBH I think Cluxton would be crazy to retire.He's a good wine,improves with age.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,581 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Five.
    In.
    A.
    Row.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

seligehgit wrote: »
    Murchan was outstanding before he succumbed to his cramp.

Close contender behind Kilkenny and then O Callaghan for MOTM.

TBH I think Cluxton would be crazy to retire.He's a good wine,improves with age.

Yeah, a lot of people are predicting a load of retirements, but I'm not so sure. Could this team come back and win next year? It's entirely possible, in my opinion anyway. Maybe those who are struggling to get into the panel (Brogan, O'Gara), but those starting?

Kerry are getting better, don't think they're far off now. Two finals in one year will have brought them on immensely. Need to improve their bench a bit, but they've got a solid core to build around.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

The Kerry fans booing as the lads kept possession like bosses was tremendous, as if there's some obligation to make risky plays and try help them back into the game :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,696 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

.G. wrote: »
    The Kerry fans booing as the lads kept possession like bosses was tremendous, as if there's some obligation to make risky plays and try help them back into the game :pac:

I was rolling around laughing at that, shower of empty heads. ‘Here, is the ball, would you like to kick a point, isn’t it a lovely day, here you go’. :pac:

That was gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Five in a row boxed off. Grand so. When does the O'Byrne Cup start?

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

So someone on twitter said its now buzzin for half a dozen

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 118 ✭✭aodomhnaill

15 behind the ball...as if no team hadn’t learned how to deal with that.

nannerby wrote: »
    So someone on twitter said its now buzzin for half a dozen

Brilliant, I love it :D

Get the T-shirt’s made up, let’s go

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭corny

Absolutely brilliant performance.

Dominant in the second half. We closed down Geaney and Clifford and forced others into shots that they didn't want to take. 5 points is all they could muster. As always...ask questions of these players and they'll give you your answer.

I knew Kilkenny could work but he took it to new heights today. I thought there was two of him on the pitch in the second half. A left corner back and a centre forward. 5 points to boot. Incredible.

Not the first time i've seen Conor Lane apply two different sets rules to the players. Kerry allowed drag and hassle. Dublin not allowed make contact. We won in spite of him. Anyone know the overall free count?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,131 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Magic stuff

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Thought that myself. Did Rock even get a free within the 45. Apart from 1 '45.
    Makes it all the sweeter.

corny wrote: »

Dominant in the second half. We closed down Geaney and Clifford and forced others into shots that they didn't want to take. 5 points is all they could muster. As always...ask questions of these players and they'll give you your answer.

I knew Kilkenny could work but he took it to new heights today. I thought there was two of him on the pitch in the second half. A left corner back and a centre forward. 5 points to boot. Incredible.

Not the first time i've seen Conor Lane apply two different sets rules to the players. Kerry allowed drag and hassle. Dublin not allowed make contact. We won in spite of him. Anyone know the overall free count?

I don't remember him giving us a free inside the 45 during the entire game, could be wrong though. He did play advantage for one of Con's scores though.
    Lane annoyed me today as he was completely inconsistent. He let play go when one of our lads was being held but blew straight away at the other end. Thankfully he kept the cards to a minimum so have to give him some credit for that.

In saying all that 1-17 from play is a serious return, you'd do well to see that in a hurling game.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Conchir

Just been thinking of two moments in the game today that I really enjoyed. First, that pass by Connolly to set up the Kilkenny point. And second, the shoulder from Mick Fitzsimons to save a possible Kerry goal chance.

Unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Thrilled with this historic win thought we had dropped a notch this year so was very wary today but delighted to have been proven wrong .Great second from the lads just kept them at arms length massive safe from cluko may well have won us the game.Great times to be a dubs fan well done to all the team and mentors .

corny wrote: »

The refereeing and lack of ability to apply the rules on anything even approaching a fair and consistent basis over both games is worrying. You have to pay even more credit to this incredible Dublin side knowing this. Knowing that nobody in Croke Park probably gives a flying fûck is even more typical of that lot and the individuals who have the most influence and say on ensuring a fair contest ensues get nothing aside from a rest before the league starts. Ridiculous.

If a player from either side acquitted themselves as poorly as these lads in the games they’d be subbed before half time, you were looking at 4/10 probably for both fellas.

• Advertisement

It's also baffling why Kerry supporters were booing us. We were winning the game yet the fans of the team with 15 men behind the ball thought we were the problem :)

Gavin sussed the blanket defense a long time ago. Ironically when Kerry went man to man they gave us trouble. The problem for them was that they could only do it for short spells before the legs started to give and they fell deeper and deeper.

One other thing, I like that Clifford lad. He showed a bit of bite today that I hadn't seen before. He probably should have got the line today. He made 2 yellow card offenses and give Cooper(?) a box as well. That forearm lead of Murchan was nasty. I wonder will refs start to cop his constant barging at defenders. He does it a lot and then just falls over getting a free.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement