Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung Galaxy S8 SIM Free - £589.99 Amazon UK

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

devil-80 wrote: »
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B06XNVPGC2/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1&th=1 and change the colour if you don't like black

looks too hard for me do preferred the other one

No orchid grey available on that page, only from spigen and they don't deliver. Besides I ordered from amazon USA instead not a bother. Thanks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭CGI_3

My order due next Monday by UPS according to email today.

Spigen cover I recommended on the way with it too.

Had no problem shipping to Ireland, and looks like both in the same box as only one tracking number given...

I see the price of the phone with the 128 GB SD card is now gone up to €469...

Didn't realise it was such a bargain when I resurrected this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 PeeDawg

CGI_3 wrote: »
    My order due next Monday by UPS according to email today.

Spigen cover I recommended on the way with it too.

Had no problem shipping to Ireland, and looks like both in the same box as only one tracking number given...

I see the price of the phone with the 128 GB SD card is now gone up to €469...

Didn't realise it was such a bargain when I resurrected this thread!

Still showing "Delivery date pending" on mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭stamjoe

Mine en-route also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Delivery date pending on mine too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

anyone got it delivered?

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭tomslick

devil-80 wrote: »
    anyone got it delivered?

Mine is still waiting to be dispatched

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

UPS fuched up my address somehow and kept it in their depot. I've only found that out by putting the tracking number on the ups website. I rang them and found them fairly shyte to be honest. Waiting for a callback.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭CGI_3

Arrived today. Havent had much time to look at it.

It is brand new as it should be. Outside stickers all in english.

European SIM cards only.

Stuck in a VM SIM card.

Startup, the language is in Germany and greeted by this text:

462755.jpg

Which according to google translates to :

SIM card changed

Restart your phone to configure the features supported by your new Sim card. This will reset your phone to factory settings and erase all data, including the files and downloaded apps
    not now
    To reboot

Obviously thats a fairly rough translation, but good enough.

I went with the reboot now.

This took a LONG, LONG time.

Started up defaulted to English UK. (could change again if you wanted)

Anyway, all seems good now, having signed into samsung and google accounts and everything restored.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

CGI_3 wrote: »
    Arrived today. Havent had much time to look at it.

It is brand new as it should be. Outside stickers all in english.

European SIM cards only.

Only true for initial activation. After that, other region's SIM cards can be used.

using a SIM from the same regional origin as the phone for at least 5 minutes of total talktime will disable the regional lock and allow you to use a SIM from any other region from then on
    https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Smartphones-Tablets-Wearables/Galaxy-S8-Sim-region-lock/td-p/298262

• Advertisement

Still waiting for despatch. Monies not taken yet either. 16 oct delivery date.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 PeeDawg

Expecting delivery tomorrow. Arrived into UPS dublin depot this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Still waiting for despatch. Monies not taken yet either. 16 oct delivery date.

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭audi02

Mine just arrived

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Mine arrived a few hours ago. Spent the last while de-samsungifying it. Handy that you can reject the install of a lot of Samsung sh1te during setup. Nice phone.

Does anyone know the best place to order a genuine 3 pin samsung charger for this from?

audi02 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the best place to order a genuine 3 pin samsung charger for this from?

I just slapped one of these one mine: https://ie.rs-online.com/web/p/travel-adapters/7839568/

You can find these on eBay too. I have a bunch for these occasions.

EDIT: These converter plugs open up and close around the EU charger so it's a permanent fixture.

I just slapped one of these one mine: https://ie.rs-online.com/web/p/travel-adapters/7839568/

You can find these on eBay too. I have a bunch for these occasions.

EDIT: These converter plugs open up and close around the EU charger so it's a permanent fixture.

Ah brill thanks ....and it'll work ok with the whole "fast charge" function?

Thank you

audi02 wrote: »
    Ah brill thanks ....and it'll work ok with the whole "fast charge" function?

Thank you

That's just a dumb plug, basically. Has no effect on the charger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

It finally dispatched.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Useful guide here for removing some of the sh1te that Samsung have preinstalled on these phones.
    Handy for removing Facebook, the MS office trial apps, Bixby etc.
    Note that it is a little bit technical, so maybe not for everyone.
    https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-to/remove-all-bloatware-your-galaxy-note-9-0187799/

Money taken for mine this morning but still awaiting dispatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭nialldinho

I ordered on 1st October and it dispatched yesterday. Delivery is via an post but, as usual, their system doesn’t recognise the tracking number yet.

I ordered on the 22nd of September. Very poor from Amazon but poor shipping times is becoming their new standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,024 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

tomslick wrote: »
    I ordered on the 22nd of September. Very poor from Amazon but poor shipping times is becoming their new standard.

Same, not dispatched yet, says arriving on 15th

Got mine today. Nice phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭randombar

Selling unopened one on Adverts if there's any interest guys. Unwanted upgrade from Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Doodoo

GaryCocs wrote: »
    Selling unopened one on Adverts if there's any interest guys. Unwanted upgrade from Vodafone.

Have you a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭randombar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jlayay

600 quid for a 1 year old phone...

Advertisement