Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Conveyancing - Solicitor

• 10-10-2018 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi, I am looking for a solicitor in relation to purchasing a house. Preferably in South Dublin or Kildare but open to all good value and prompt solicitors (if that exists!)

Current quotes range from 2,100-3,000 euro but I would appreciate some recommendations.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

sent u pm

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭snowflake1989

Hi all i second this post if any recommendations please forward on , as i just got a quote for 4k without stamp duty

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭snowflake1989

BBMcQ wrote: »
    sent u pm
    Can u pm me also please

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

stamp Duty is 1 per cent up to a million euros , last time i checked .
    its not relevant to the cost of conveyancing,
    Conveyancing is the legal process of transferring ownership of the house
    to the buyer.
    Part of it it is too make sure that all bills are paid off on the house,
    eg tax,s ,property tax etc and you are registered as the new owner of the house.He also checks they are no issues with boundarys and all the
    deeds and other documents are avaidable .

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/housing/owning_a_home/buying_a_home/stamp_duty.html

http://www.moneyguideireland.com/legal-fees-and-charges-when-buying-a-house.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

irishboars wrote: »
    Hi, I am looking for a solicitor in relation to purchasing a house. Preferably in South Dublin or Kildare but open to all good value and prompt solicitors (if that exists!)

Current quotes range from 2,100-3,000 euro but I would appreciate some recommendations.

You aren't doing too bad there although there are cheaper.

• Advertisement
Advertisement