Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Did this today €5.90 and about 5 minutes work. Knowing my luck it’ll finish up next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

€4.00 flat for the 2 screen plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭targus

Just signed up for the 39.99 TL plan in Turkey. I've just flicked through some of the content and can't seem to find 'Power'.

I'm wondering how much different the content is. Anyone have any experience?

Just signed up for the 39.99 TL plan in Turkey. I've just flicked through some of the content and can't seem to find 'Power'.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

targus wrote: »

have you switched off your VPN and then logged in again?

Screen-Shot-2018-10-17-at-12-12-02.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

If you log in here in Ireland you get Irish content.log in in Turkey you get Turkish content( i presume).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,569 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Depends what country you are in
    If I’m checking irish content then power is there but if I’m checking us content then power is not there
    I’m guessing your vpn is still active for turkey

The internet isn’t for everyone

I've been told by Netflix that your account will default to the Country which you registered in no matter where in the world you are watching.

I've been told by Netflix that your account will default to the Country which you registered in no matter where in the world you are watching.

Not the case at all

Be careful what you say to Netflix or you might get bounced from the Turkish plan

OmegaGene wrote:
    Be careful what you say to Netflix or you might get bounced from the Turkish plan

OmegaGene wrote:
    Not the case at all

I have a copy of the chat where this was outlined to me.

Either case I'll just cancel my subscription.

• Advertisement

Why would you cancel your subscription
    You’re missing something along the way here i suspect

You use a vpn to sign up in whatever country you prefer (which you have done)
    You sign out of Netflix tune off the vpn and sign in again so your ip will be irish and then all your content will be what’s avaialable to the Irish market

Netflix content will vary depending on what country you are in or whatever country Netflix believes you’re in depending on your IP address
    The country of registration makes no difference at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭flexcon

Unless you have a separate unmentioned reason to cancel, than that seems dramatic.

This legit works and looks like your VPN is indeed still on. Netflix agent was wrong, simple as.

flexcon wrote: »
    Unless you have a separate unmentioned reason to cancel, than that seems dramatic.

This legit works and looks like your VPN is indeed still on. Netflix agent was wrong, simple as.

I don’t think the Netflix agent was wrong they are dealing with queries like this on a daily basis and it’s normally the user that’s at fault either doing something wrong or misunderstanding something

• Registered Users Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Can you post that chat please? I struggle to believe you've understood it correctly because it would be illegal for them to broadcast any content they didn't have the licence for.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Well that'd just be cutting of your nose to spite your face

OmegaGene wrote:
    You use a vpn to sign up in whatever country you prefer (which you have done) You sign out of Netflix tune off the vpn and sign in again so your ip will be irish and then all your content will be what’s avaialable to the Irish market

I haven't used a VPN to sign in as I don't have one. I registered from a Turkish IP address as I am there now.

So to be clear, you're suggesting I purchase a VPN, log on when I return home and I will have Irish content?

I haven't used a VPN to sign in as I don't have one. I registered from a Turkish IP address as I am there now.

So to be clear, you're suggesting I purchase a VPN, log on when I return home and I will have Irish content?

You didn’t say you were in turkey lol
    Just go back to Ireland and log in and you will get irish content

• Registered Users Posts: 51,100 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I signed up via the Turkish site using a VPN, I switched off my VPN and logged into my Netflix account. I'm getting the Irish content but can confirm that my bill is at the Turkish rate.

Streaming content is geo locked down by country location due to broadcasting licensing rights so there is no way you can sign up in one country and get the same content in any other country. If that was the case then they wouldn't need different websites for different countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,100 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

OmegaGene wrote: »
    You didn’t say you were in turkey lol
    Just go back to Ireland and log in and you will get irish content

I hope he doesn't work for netflix or we are all rumbled. :pac:

• Advertisement

OmegaGene wrote:
    You use a vpn to sign up in whatever country you prefer (which you have done) You sign out of Netflix tune off the vpn and sign in again so your ip will be irish and then all your content will be what’s avaialable to the Irish market

Ffs, you're getting Turkish content because you're in Turkey. Power presumably isn't available on Turkish Netflix, hence you can't see it.

Do nothing else. When you get home, wherever that is, you will have the content available for that specific region.

Do nothing else. When you get home, wherever that is, you will have the content available for that specific region.

I understand why I'm getting Turkish content, my question was if I get a VPN when I get home will I be able to watch Irish Netflix?

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mcgucc22

targus wrote:
    I understand why I'm getting Turkish content, my question was if I get a VPN when I get home will I be able to watch Irish Netflix?

Why would you need to use a VPN when you are back in Ireland?

Do NOTHING.

No VPN, no DNS settings. Nothing.

Turn on Netflix in Ireland and you will get Irish content.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Someone hacked into my account during the week. The only way I can figure they got the details was when I used Hola that was recommended here. I already have tunnelbear but they do not have a Turkish location so I used that one. It is obviously not secure.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blacknight83

Trying to sign up to Netflix turkey with nord VPN when I get to pricing it’s has it in dollars 4 screen @13.99!

Does this work around still work ?

Trying to sign up to Netflix turkey with nord VPN when I get to pricing it’s has it in dollars 4 screen @13.99!

Does this work around still work ?
    Do it in incognito mode in Chrome.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Turkish Lira is slowing starting to recover it seems, today on Revolut 39.99 equates to €6.23 still great value thou.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blacknight83

Do it in incognito mode in Chrome.

Humm still showing up as dollers anyone able to test this and confirm still works

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Humm still showing up as dollers anyone able to test this and confirm still works

I tried a few different VPN's the only one that worked for me was Hola

Advertisement