Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ben Daglish RIP

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,776 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

RIP. Absolute musical genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

He even worked wonders with the inferior sound capability of the ZX Spectrum. One of my favourites (after the intro)

RIP.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,943 ✭✭✭Doge

Just posted about his death in the music covers thread and spotted your thead now. Really sad news for his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Very sad news - here's a link to most of his C64 work: Linky

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

spent the day listening to his work and then in turn stuff from Martin Galway and Rob Hubbard.

I always remember loading up the last ninja when I got my C64, that music!!

Seemed like a lovely guy in interviews I have watched.
    May he rest in Peace..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

ah man , thats too young .RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 55,445 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm in a few C64 groups on Facebook and one of them posted a video of Ben playing with the FastLoaders a few years ago.

Ben is on the Whistle and Flute playing the Wastelands Loader and Wastelands Main theme from The Last Ninja.

Going down the FastLoaders rabbit hole (as you do on YouTube :)), this is fucking incredible:

Their full Last Ninja tribute album Ninja Musicology is on Spotify (all tracks from all 3 C64 Last Ninja games). Looking forward to listening to it in work tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,943 ✭✭✭Doge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Another YouTube vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVCPHW5GK9M

This is from Vimeo, 4 years old - dissappointing from Vimeo that no vids posted yet about the man

https://vimeo.com/118895564

Advertisement