Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Free Echo Dot with Irish Times Subscription

• 26-09-2018 7:25pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Free Amazon Echo Dot when signup for Irish times subscription for 6 months. Sign-up HERE @ Irish Times

If you have no interest in the Irish times its cheaper to just buy the echo dot for €49 on its own!

First month €1, then pay €4 each week. Echo dot is delivered after the first month.

T&C's
    iii. This promotion is subject to a six month contract period. You may cancel your subscription at any time during your first month of service. Your Echo Dot device will be delivered following commencement of second month’s service, after which time you agree to enter into a six month contract period. Cancellation will not be permitted during this time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭ablelocks

going by the picture on the offer page, it looks like it might the gen 2 dot - gen 3 is out early october.

I've emailed them to confirm which one they will include in the offer....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

ablelocks wrote: »
    going by the picture on the offer page, it looks like it might the gen 2 dot - gen 3 is out early october.

I've emailed them to confirm which one they will include in the offer....

As the 3rd Gen is only on Pre-order I would say chances are slim. This is an offer to get rid of the older models but specwise they are nearly the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭asharkman

I'm currently a subscriber. wonder if they'll give me the offer. or do i have to cancel and sign up as a new user.
    I've an echo and it's great, i'd love to get a second one for.... no reason at all.

asharkman wrote: »
    I'm currently a subscriber. wonder if they'll give me the offer. or do i have to cancel and sign up as a new user.
    I've an echo and it's great, i'd love to get a second one for.... no reason at all.

it really annoys me when companies hate their existing customers:
    i. The offer is available to new subscribers only; existing subscribers are not eligible to avail of the offer.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Just sign up under a new email address.

Even better, they called me with a random survey and i asked them could i get it. the person asked their manager and boom.

They signed me up for a 6 month contract, exactly the same as what I've always been on but i get the echo dot in December.
    I'm signed up for the digital package and get the Saturday paper delivered to my house.

Happy days! Cheers guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Well done! If you don't ask, you'll never know. :)

finally got them to confirm - as suspected, they bought a load of the gen 2 in bulk and are now hoping that they'll get enough subscribers to get rid of them all....

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭donalh087

"You may cancel your subscription at any time during your first month of service. Your Echo Dot device will be delivered following commencement of second month’s service, after which time you agree to enter into a six month contract period. Cancellation will not be permitted during this time."

So is it a seven month contract then? Or 6?

donalh087 wrote: »
    "You may cancel your subscription at any time during your first month of service. Your Echo Dot device will be delivered following commencement of second month’s service, after which time you agree to enter into a six month contract period. Cancellation will not be permitted during this time."

So is it a seven month contract then? Or 6?

I'm taking it as 7 - the first month for €1, the next 6 at €16. works out at just under €14 a month for the 7 months.

edit, previous subscribers can't get the €1 for the first month, but can still re-subscribe and get the echo.

Advertisement