Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

_blaaz wrote: »
    Any sign of you standing over your lies

Any chance you will apologise for the abuse and insults you called me earlier and then deleted and then tried to say the mods told you too?

What was it you called me again, oh yeah a headcase loser and a gowl.

I will admit the gowl gave me a laugh of a Saturday night:)

So it’s all good in relative terms:)

I’m trying to wrap my head around this.
    How the port tunnnel, at 4.5 kilometres long and built underground underneath houses and motorways and infrastructure, in our largest city, came in at €850 million,
    Yet this children’s hospital is spiralling ever upwards into billions? And possibly might never get built now if we have a change of government

The original cost for the port tunnel was 400 million.

But FF are grand and will be back in next election time.

And once again contrary to lies the hospital will be finished.

But facts don’t seem relevant around here.

I suppose a long tunnel is the same as a children’s hospital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Any chance you will apologise for the abuse and insults you called me earlier and then deleted and then tried to say the mods told you too?

What was it you called me again, oh yeah a headcase loser and a gowl.

I will admit the gowl gave me a laugh of a Saturday night:)

So it’s all good in relative terms:)

Well they are objectively correct terms (but if your unable to hamdle them i apoligise for you i guess?)....when someone tells flat out lies againest me....surely im.allowed to stand up for.myself??

Or do you prefer to lie and slander people and not stand over them,only to hide behind emojis when called out....how is that fair??

I havnt done any of the things yous accuse me of...how come your allowed to.lie and accuse people.of things they not done??

Why are you lying about me?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

The original cost for the port tunnel was 400 million.

But FF are grand and will be back in next election time.

And once again contrary to lies the hospital will be finished.

I suppose a long tunnel is the same as a children’s hospital.

You missed the point about the two costs. One seems like a vastly more expensive and more complicated endeavour than the other. But it was somehow cheaper?

But by all means continue the spin. We’re here for your spin on it

You missed the point about the two costs. One seems like a vastly more expensive and more complicated endeavour than the other. But it was somehow cheaper?

But by all means continue the spin. We’re here for your spin on it

A tunnel seems more complicated?

Have you watched Chernobyl recently?

• Advertisement

l.

Not to someone who makes sh1te up about other posters anyway it seems

Not to someone who makes sh1te up about other posters anyway it seems

Seriously don’t cry, if I knew you would be this upset I wouldn’t have said it.

I’m not here to ruin anyone’s Saturday night:)

Jesus this generation, Very precious.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I’m trying to wrap my head around this.
    How the port tunnnel, at 4.5 kilometres long and built underground underneath houses and motorways and infrastructure, in our largest city, came in at €850 million,
    Yet this children’s hospital is spiralling ever upwards into billions? And possibly might never get built now if we have a change of government

Imagine finding out your house build costs quadrupled...it's impossible

A tunnel seems more complicated?

Have you watched Chernobyl recently?

Digging a 4.5 kilometre long tunnel under a cities infrastructure is vastly more complicated and expensive than building a hospital.
    No arguments about the contents of the hospital being expensive to equip but to go back to your effin HILARIOUS ‘empty rooms’ analogy, the building itself shouldn’t be that difficult to A) plan for accordingly and B) place in an actually suitable location.

Neither criteria have been met for this current shambles

*personal aside. Do you ever get time off? Or paid overtime? Go the pub ffs

Tbf hes several times worse than anyone taught he would be

Actually here’s a lie blaaz.

That’s the first I can see and I can’t go back to your posts before 2 hours ago for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I would have thought the initial tendor was a bit too low..600m for a tight location with limited access in a city??

Digging a 4.5 kilometre long tunnel under a cities infrastructure is vastly more complicated and expensive than building a hospital.
    No arguments about the contents of the hospital being expensive to equip but to go back to your effin HILARIOUS ‘empty rooms’ analogy, the building itself shouldn’t be that difficult to A) plan for accordingly and B) place in an actually suitable location.

Neither criteria have been met for this current shambles

*personal aside. Do you ever get time off? Or paid overtime? Go the pub ffs

The pub?

Why would I go there and listen to a load of drunk idiots blaming da gubberment because they’re loosers and dipsos and pissed away their life.

Nah you’re grand.

I enjoy an occasional pint early on a Saturday with food and the kids but I’d rather be with my family at this hour on a Saturday.

Oh and by the way I work for myself.

I don’t need anyone to hold my hand and I certainly won’t blame the government or expect them to cradle me through life.

Actually here’s a lie blaaz.

That’s the first I can see and I can’t go back to your posts before 2 hours ago for some reason.

So in other words...you still stand over your lie and false accusations againest me....your free to disagree with my opioion....but how is that a lie what i posted?

How is that?

The pub?

Why would I go there and listen to a load of drunk idiots blaming da gubberment because they’re loosers and dipsos and pissed away their life.

Nah you’re grand.

I enjoy an occasional pint early on a Saturday with food and the kids but I’d rather be with my family at this hour on a Saturday.

We like to think we’re a great nation.

But we’re full of scammers, chancers, thieves, and in general very selfish people.

You said this.
    But it’s obviously not applicable to anyone in FG you favour

As to the pub, your position on the rabble is well known. Beneath you. You’re superior. Don’t worry. We know.

So in other words...you still stand over your lie and false accusations againest me

How is that?

Eh because you tell lies.

As I just showed.

You come out with silly points like the one I showed without any facts and evidence.

You said this.
    But it’s obviously not applicable to anyone in FG you favour

As to the pub, your position on the rabble is well known. Beneath you. You’re superior. Don’t worry. We know.
    Yes and I have said on this thread I won’t vote for FG as long as Bailey is still a member 3 times I think.

What are you trying to say here????

I’m lost with those 2 posts.

You’re making zero sense.

Eh because you tell lies.

As I just showed.

You come out with silly points like the one I showed without any facts and evidence.

Emm....how is that a lie

Your accusing me of lying and posting all sorts earlier??

And best you can back it up with is a difference of opioion over performance of varadkar?

You do underatand difference between accusing someone of lying and a difference of opioion....or are you as usual flopping about looking to justify.slandering me?

How is it yous are left carry on like this...slandering and lying about other posters?

Dont even see point on continuong with someone who doubles down on lies and false accusations and attempts to gaslight me...presenting a difference of opioion as a lie....is.gross

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Imagine having to go door to door, during an election campaign, having openly admitted that you need to be supervised using a kids' toy.
    That's going to be a long few weeks for her.

When she is canvassing people will be afraid that she might trip on their land and sue. Or hurt her hand on the door knocker and sue for that too.

Not only that now it is coming out that the hospital will have private wards with a separate private entrance so the sick kids of rich people can skip the queue on the sick kids of poor people. This private hospital will be paid for by the taxpayer and then handed to the private sector for next to nothing. Its typical Fine Gael, always looking to protect the wealthiest in society and getting the rest of us to pay for it.

The Irish Constitution says that all children are to be cherished equally- but just not sick children under Fine Gael, rich kids come first in that scenario.

Emm....how is that a lie

And best you can back it up with is a difference of opioion over performance of varadkar?

You do underatand difference between accusing someone of lying and a difference of opioion....or arw you as usual flopping about looking to justify.slandering me?

You said he’s several times worst than anyone thought.

That is in fact a lie.

Not a difference of opinion but a lie.

Emm....how is that a lie

You do underatand difference between accusing someone of lying and a difference of opioion....or are you as usual flopping about looking to justify.slandering me?

How is it yous are left carry on like this...slandering and lying about other posters?

Your allowed continue after abusing and slandering posters??

Seriously dry your eyes and calm down.

It’s all a bit of banter of a Saturday night:)

• Advertisement

Yes and I have said on this thread I won’t vote for FG as long as Bailey is still a member 3 times I think.

What are you trying to say here????

I’m lost with those 2 posts.

You’re making zero sense.

I’m making sense. You just can’t find a spin to deflect so hence the stupid non reply from you.

You said he’s several times worst than anyone thought.

That is in fact a lie.

Not a difference of opinion but a lie.

Several times worse than i taught hed be tbh??

Now...why are you still standing over your lies and accusations againeat me in relation to housing??

Why lie like??why present difference of opioion as.lying to justify it??

I havnt done anything to justify you making up.lies about me

Your allowed continue after abusing and slandering posters??

Seriously dry your eyes and calm down.

It’s all a bit of banter of a Saturday night:)

You think lying and making stuff up.about people is banter?

Edit: ive said enough...i'll leave yous to ye're little echo chamber of abusing and lying about whoever isnt in on it

I’m making sense. You just can’t find a spin to deflect so hence the stupid non reply from you.

Your post shows I’m consistent.

I said months ago we are a nation of chancers.

Fast forward to Maria Bailey and I said I won’t vote for FG again as long as she is there.

Thanks for proving I’m consistent with my views and tell the truth.

You have done me a great service:)

Your post shows I’m consistent.

I said months ago we are a nation of chancers.

Fast forward to Maria Bailey and I said I won’t vote for FG again as long as she is there.

Thanks for proving I’m consistent with my views and tell the truth.

You have done me a great service:)

You’re consistent. Nobody here arguing that.

How much they’re paying you is the only issue still up for debate:)

*im only having a buzz man. Relax*

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

The pub?

Nah you’re grand.

You left out insurance scammers.
    Where's the fcuking report lads..........?

The lack of action on Bailey, and clarification on the report means people will have to fill in the blank's, and surmise for themselves.

Here's one possible scenario I've envisaged.

Kate O'Connell, Josepha Madigan and Maria Bailey leave Sandyford on the Luas, tanked up to fcuk, Bailey and Madigan each supping from a can of devils bit cider, Kate swigging from a naggin of Bacardi that she's premixed with coke zero because calories etc, girls got her figure to mind.

They arrive at the Dean, where they immediately harangue the bartender that "service is required" followed by "we're pretty big deals in fg circles oh yer" as the Barman eventually gets them their two bottles of Stella and a Sauv Blanc.

Tubthumping comes on, the three of them link arms and in unison sing along with the words "drinks a vodka drink, drink a lager drink, etc etc," then followed by "get knocked down but I get up again", when suddenly Maria comes up with the brain wave that it would be "totes a fab idea to get a selfie on the swings" - so the three of them jump on the lift to Sophie's, checking out the lunch boxes on some of south dubs finest men on a night out on their onward journey.

Upon getting to the swings bailey takes her seat, poses for a selfie -stella raised aloft (no point buying a beer if you don't either drink it, or put a photo of it up on social media) and realises that, (signs or no signs, swings are designed to be gripped with both hands) she asks one of her two compadres to take the photo for her.

Madigan, clutching a goblet of wine in one hand, the bottle in the other, realises that her phones in the inside of her jacket, and asks Bailey to hold the wine bottle so she can fetch it forthwith.

Upon reaching for the bottle of gargle, gravity reminds Maria's arse that it cares not a jot for politics or status symbol, and sends said arse off swing, and Bailey goes arse over tit, plummeting to the ground.

Cue, schoolgirl like titters and giggles from all concerned with the exception of Bailey, who feels morto. Quicky gathering herself up off the ground, and heads for the nearest jack's to assess the situation.

Legalese jargon starts being spouted in an effort to quell Maria's mortoness, about how the swings shouldn't be there without instructions how to safely use them (snigger) or without adult supervision (snigger again) from a lawyer high on ego, wine and self importance.

Bailey gets advised to seek plasters from the hotel reception, and the importance of recording the incident in the health and safety book they might have (gonna be needed later)

Few meetings in the ensuing weeks with solicitor where their stall is laid out, where to take the claim, what angle to go with and make sure they know you're an avid runner whom couldn't run at all for months afterwards. Wink wink.

Reassurances all over the show that this will be settled well before court, plebs won't even be told of this one, clear cut negligence etc etc.

Bailey stops at travel agents on way home, leaves with brochures of five stars in Florida, all inclusive, why not.

Excrement whacks the fan, whole thing gets exposed because the feckin Dean refused to go down without a fight, newspaper articles, FG reps getting mouthfuls on the doorsteps by disgruntled insurance payers, then Bailey's radio interview, FG completely affronted, humanity was crossed, Farrells episode is once again brought to the fore, reminding the great unwashed that the lure of easy money via dodgy insurance claims isn't unique to Maria.

Leo's campaign to grass up welfare fraud gets wheeled out to remind us that he and his party apparently operate a zero tolerance approach to scamming and cheating systems.

Minister's and TDs voice their annoyance, one even deletes Bailey's photo from Facebook (ouch)**

**Some or perhaps even all of the above might not be true, hence the need for facts from Kennedy's report needs to be published.

Humanity however, has well and truly been crossed to fcuk.
    Wheeliebin wrote:
    I don’t need anyone to hold my hand and I certainly won’t blame the government or expect them to cradle me through life.

Aha, but do you have the rather little amount of dexterity needed to work a swing wheelie...

Do you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Jupiter Mulligan

Villa05 wrote: »

It will cost twice as much as the most expensive built to date anywhere in the world on a per bed costing model

That is some achievement.

It's not "an achievement" - it's the cost of the thing; no more and no less.

What in the name of God is so difficult for so many Boards.ie posters to understand about this simple and self-evident fact?

It's not "an achievement" - it's the cost of the thing; no more and no less.

What in the name of God is so difficult for so many Boards.ie posters to understand about this simple and self-evident fact?

Why wasn’t it costed accurately to begin with then?
    It spiralled out of all rational cost and I will ask you to look at the commission/tender date and then look at where we are now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

He also had a chat with Alan Farrell the other FG TD that had the serious case of whiplash . Although it didn't stop him climbing ladders and posing for the camera or taking part in hard tackles on the soccer pitch .

You mean the "fixed" picture ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

pburns wrote: »

Are you in Mensa?

He posts like he is in the middle of his mensa cycle

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement