Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Number26/N26 Mastercard/Account now for Irish Residents

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭nirvana78

Thank you all for your replies about the delay, so I'll try updating and see how I go.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,267 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

my local opticians Bank of ireland card machine rejected my N26 card today

wonder if they werent authorised for foreign cards.

money in the account, limits no where near the spend limit.

bit of a pain if this is the case with small retailers (use it fine in a local deli)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

my local opticians Bank of ireland card machine rejected my N26 card today

wonder if they werent authorised for foreign cards.

money in the account, limits no where near the spend limit.

bit of a pain if this is the case with small retailers (use it fine in a local deli)

I use N26 as my main account with at least one card payment per day on average (probably more), and in the past 2 years I’ve had one unjustified card rejection in Ireland and another one in France (in both cases, another card worked). So in my experience there might be a very small problem but it is certainly not a showstopper.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Guys has anyone had any trouble receiving verification text messages from N26 lately?

I done a factory reset on my phone and when I tried to reinstall n26 I am not getting the verification text that they send you.

I have been trying for 3 days on both the web app and the mobile app.

Support have not been great

I cannot access my funds and I'm kind of panicking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Guys has anyone had any trouble receiving verification text messages from N26 lately?

I done a factory reset on my phone and when I tried to reinstall n26 I am not getting the verification text that they send you.

I have been trying for 3 days on both the web app and the mobile app.

Support have not been great

I cannot access my funds and I'm kind of panicking

It might be with the network your on RPS, Some people over on the revolut thread are having issues also with texts.(Mainly Virgin mobile). Have a look there and your network just incase. (No issues myself but hope you get it sorted)

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

• Advertisement

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    It might be with the network your on RPS, Some people over on the revolut thread are having issues also with texts.(Mainly Virgin mobile). Have a look there and your network just incase. (No issues myself but hope you get it sorted)

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Thanks for your reply mate

What's an RPS?

I am Vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

What's an RPS?

I am Vodafone

Its your username's abbreviation :) I got Lazy :pac:, Check out with vodafone perhaps and see if anything there and ensure your number is correct on n26.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Just had a notification that an online payment has been declined because I have that option turned off. I haven't bought anything recently and can't remember if there's a subscription due.

There's no failed transaction in my account. Does anyone know how to find this?

All options on the card are now turned off until I know what this was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭user1842

Wheety wrote: »
    Just had a notification that an online payment has been declined because I have that option turned off. I haven't bought anything recently and can't remember if there's a subscription due.

There's no failed transaction in my account. Does anyone know how to find this?

All options on the card are now turned off until I know what this was.

It will not be on the app. You need ask them on the online chat. This happened to me and it was some guy in China trying to use my card number.

I would block your card now until you can confirm the failed transaction.

I'm still having a nightmare with n26

Locked out of web app and mobile app for 4 days because I am not receiving texts.

Online chat has been useless

Really don't knows what to do, I have over 20k stuck in a "space"

Rang Vodafone, no issue on their end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Did you get an email asking you to unpair your phone?
    I had to do that, and then pair it again. Now every time I login through the app I get sent an SMS code to verify it's me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭user1842

Locked out of web app and mobile app for 4 days because I am not receiving texts.

Try the SIM in a different phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

user1842 wrote: »
    It will not be on the app. You need ask them on the online chat. This happened to me and it was some guy in China trying to use my card number.

I would block your card now until you can confirm the failed transaction.

I couldn't get through to them yesterday on chat. Wasn't too worried as card is blocked and moved money to a space and locked the space.

Then last night I received an email from Dublinbikes saying their requested payment was rejected :rolleyes:

I had forgotten all about it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭5star02707

Wheety wrote: »
    I couldn't get through to them yesterday on chat. Wasn't too worried as card is blocked and moved money to a space and locked the space.

Then last night I received an email from Dublinbikes saying their requested payment was rejected :rolleyes:

I had forgotten all about it. :D

Ah thanks for reminding me about that, checked my email and they have successfully requested payment for another year. :pac::D

Argh looks like I’m having the same issue. Just got a new phone and the first step of the process to pair it and replace tho old on is a 4 digits codes issued by text message ... but no text coming.

I’m also with Vodafone (though roaming at the moment) ... maybe their text message provider has an issue with Vodafone ireland :-s

Talked to online chat about this earlier and after insisting they need to fix this, they promised someone will call me within an hour to give me the code ever the phone ... but no call came.

Pretty bad customer service I have to say. For a fin tech online only bank whereby everything relies on phone banking, the process to pair a new phone should be seamless and if if fails, they should have a special process to assist the customer immediately.

Good old AIB wins on this particular occurrence: they did send me the text immediately and I had my new phone paired in a minute.

Bob24 wrote: »
    Talked to online chat about this earlier and after insisting they need to fix this, they promised someone will call me within an hour to give me the code ever the phone ... but no call came.

Pretty bad customer service I have to say. For a fin tech online only bank whereby everything relies on phone banking, the process to pair a new phone should be seamless and if if fails, they should have a special process to assist the customer immediately.

Good old AIB wins on this particular occurrence: they did send me the text immediately and I had my new phone paired in a minute.

I've been onto online chat 3 times, they don't have a clue

I rang Vodafone and they said there is no issue with receiving texts.

I tried a different phone

Really don't know what to do next, if you get this sorted will you shoot me a pm and let me know what you did to get it sorted and ill do the same

I've been onto online chat 3 times, they don't have a clue

I rang Vodafone and they said there is no issue with receiving texts.

I tried a different phone

Really don't know what to do next, if you get this sorted will you shoot me a pm and let me know what you did to get it sorted and ill do the same

Sure, will do.

I think they have some people (but not the basic support reps) who have the capability to give you the pairing confirmation ode orally over the phone rather than sending a text, but the problem is to manage to get them to call you.

Btw, I don’t know exactly what you told them but you’ll be glad to know they told me they will investigate this as it hadn’t been reported to them before (and I had provided them with a link to this thread and told them it looks like they have a problem with Vodafone Ireland ;-))

My brother who actually is in the core network engineering team for a large mobile network in Europe was around, and said the most likely reason is that N26 are relying on a cheapo text messaging provider which is using grey routes to send the messages and that Vodafone is discarding the messages for that reason.

Bob24 wrote: »
    Sure, will do.

I think they have some people (but not the basic support reps) who have the capability to give you the pairing confirmation ode orally over the phone rather than sending a text, but the problem is to manage to get them to call you.

Btw, I don’t know exactly what you told them but you’ll be glad to know they told me they will investigate this as it hadn’t been reported to them before (and I had provided them with a link to this thread and told them it looks like they have a problem with Vodafone Ireland ;-))

My brother who actually is in the core network engineering team for a large mobile network in Europe was around, and said the most likely reason is that N26 are relying on a cheapo text messaging provider which is using grey routes to send the messages and that Vodafone is discarding the messages for that reason.

The strange thing is that I never had a problem receiving N26 texts in the past.

And to make things even more confusing, Revolut verification texts don't seem to be coming through now either (it's OK though because Revolut allow you a choice of call, sms, or email to get your verification) but WhatsApp verification texts are coming through fine.

Edit: viber notifications texts working OK too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭BArra

I am with Vodafone, noticed 4 or 5 days ago I was not getting verification texts, no issue with normal sms, but with several different verification texts services, no joy. This includes verified by visa texts when i was trying to top up my revolut

I rang Vodafone again a little while ago and the agent told me that there is a ticket raised as a number of customers have reported not receiving verification texts

• Advertisement

BArra wrote: »
    I am with Vodafone, noticed 4 or 5 days ago I was not getting verification texts, no issue with normal sms, but with several different verification texts services, no joy. This includes verified by visa texts when i was trying to top up my revolut

I rang Vodafone again a little while ago and the agent told me that there is a ticket raised as a number of customers have reported not receiving verification texts

Thanks for replying to this thread

I have been uninstalling and reinstalling apps all morning to see which apps have issues sending me verification texts, here are my results:

WhatsApp and viber verification texts are arriving fine.

N26, bunq and Revolut texts are not arriving.

It's really N26 that I am concerned about as this is my primary bank

Anyone else (with Vodafone) having issues with verification texts from N26?

Thanks for replying to this thread

I have been uninstalling and reinstalling apps all morning to see which apps have issues sending me verification texts, here are my results:

WhatsApp and viber verification texts are arriving fine.

N26, bunq and Revolut texts are not arriving.

It's really N26 that I am concerned about as this is my primary bank

Anyone else (with Vodafone) having issues with verification texts from N26?

no worries, i would like to see reports from others and that it wasnt just me, luckilly in a way it means it is an issue

would suggest you ring vodafone too and mention if needed others you know rang and the agent told them it is a known issue and a ticket is raised, perhaps dont say that unless they dont tell you it first though!

the more people that ring VF and register the issue, the quicker it will be passed up the chain to higher level support

EDIT: and i think the reason why some verification texts come through is that some services are using a traditional 'phone number' to send the verification, meaning if your brother sends you a normal sms then you receive it no issue, i think Whatsapp as an example uses a traditional phone number to send their verification texts, wheras other services use a different system which seems to be being blocked by VF

no worries, i would like to see reports from others and that it wasnt just me, luckilly in a way it means it is an issue

would suggest you ring vodafone too and mention if needed others you know rang and the agent told them it is a known issue and a ticket is raised, perhaps dont say that unless they dont tell you it first though!

the more people that ring VF and register the issue, the quicker it will be passed up the chain to higher level support

I rang Vodafone yesterday and they checked my account and said there are no issues on their end (which there clearly are if I'm not receiving verification texts from 3 different banks in 3 different countries)

I rang Vodafone yesterday and they checked my account and said there are no issues on their end (which there clearly are if I'm not receiving verification texts from 3 different banks in 3 different countries)

thats what they told me when i rang 2 or 3 days ago too, i rang 20 mins ago and the agent came back to tell me a significant number of VF customers have reported the issue

That's great, maybe they are working on the issue now

ring again so it gets another person to add to their reported list, it will help in fixing the issue, i know its a pain but :o

ring again so it gets another person to add to their reported list, it will help in fixing the issue, i know its a pain but :o

Just rang them, I'm currently on hold

Just off the phone, they are having a technical issue it seems

He logged my error anyway and said they are working on it

If anyone else has an issue getting their N26 verification code, I suggest you contact Vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 9,237 ✭✭✭markpb

I'd hazard a guess that they read from the same script which also includes asking you to plug something out, blow on it and plug it back in. Helpdesk staff can't deal with unusual scenarios and a technical problem like this is way out of their field. If the message could be delivered, it wouldn't be sitting on an account somewhere waiting for a helpdesk staff member to look for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Not sure it's been mentioned but DPD Parcel Wizard won't accept my N26 card (although it works fine when using PayPal as the relay).

EDIT: Can someone share the link to the thread about direct debit / card issues with N26 and Revolut please? I can't for the life of me find it.

Advertisement