Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,080 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Just sorted my 2 weeks off for summer.
    I'll be going to Liverpool v Arsenal and Ireland v Switzerland during them.
    The other 12 days around those two events should just fall into place!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,193 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

When you read a comment on boards.ie and think
    'Jayus, that poster made a great point, I never thought of that angle'
    'That is a really interesting way of looking at it'

Then realise you wrote the post! :D

:o

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Printed photos. My dad’s partner had to get her dog out to sleep a few weeks ago as she was sick. My dad’s partner is currently back in hospital so I printed off a good stack of photos of the dog for her. Seeing how much the photos cheered her up and put a smile back on her face was lovely.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Today I managed to get my father to use skype (both receiving and making a call) in less than 5 minutes. It usually takes hours, 'cause he doesn't look, and he doesn't listen. But today it worked! :)

And, 'spesh'lly for Seph, today I saw a ginger cat going absolutely wild rolling around in a flowerbed - the Council decided it'd be a good idea to fill it with catmint! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Men in Black International was very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

Coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭4Ad

I left an area of my lawn grow and was delighted to see bees there today..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭gifted

Just got my cards and pressies from the three chicks....they're downstairs now making breakfast for me to have in bed....funny part is that they will hop into the bed and eat it all and I'll have to make my own later lol lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

gifted wrote: »
    Just got my cards and pressies from the three chicks....they're downstairs now making breakfast for me to have in bed....funny part is that they will hop into the bed and eat it all and I'll have to make my own later lol lol

Awww!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Thats your 4th pressie!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

That's so adorable :D Have a wonderful day with your chicks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭gifted

Youngest chick (7) has just informed me that the big Toblerone bar won't eat itself.....lol lol, wonder is she dropping a hint lol lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

My 7yr old said she wished she could fly so she could poop on everyone. Couldn't help but laugh yet wonder what I am rearing :)

Lost my Ikea virginity today and loved it. Got some new black out curtains for my new bedroom, I work a mix of night and day shifts so black out blinds make me very happy.

The best part? They were only €28.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Went to AIMS this weekend with our Musical Society! We won 2 awards!! So happy!

Also so happy to be home because I am wrecked!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

In bed, wrecked after weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,219 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Had a great weekend and loved getting to know someone :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    In bed, wrecked after weekend.
    Autosport wrote: »
    Had a great weekend and loved getting to know someone :)

Hmmm... coincidence?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

The moment of deepest inkiest black perfection when you crack open a new mascara, knowing the air's getting in and it's days are numbered and it's never going to be quite so black from then on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Sleeping in until after 10 o'clock this morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Had a query about buying something online . Rang a helpline and spoke to a helpful , articulate and kind young lady who guided me to the correct purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭4Ad

Went into Bank of Ireland in Ennis earlier, querying the grand total of 5 euro..Well the young fella couldn't of being friendlier and sorted my issue..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Happy Monday! Good day at work and I will go to Pink tomorrow

Galaxy Minstrels. :) And an Indian with friends tomorrow (albeit TBC)! \o/

New Home wrote:
    Galaxy Minstrels. And an Indian with friends tomorrow (albeit TBC)! \o/

Hopefully my postman didn't steal this invite too.

I'll let you know when I see who's sitting at out table tomorrow. Will you bring Autosport? I don't want her to feel you've left her behind.

New Home wrote:
    I'll let you know when I see who's sitting at out table tomorrow. Will you bring Autosport? I don't want her to feel you've left her behind.

She will steam it open and add 'Ted + 1' to it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Oh. My. God.

Some of you might remember me saying that I wasn't allowed to see my 8 cats after I broke up with my ex. It's been 2 years.

But today, I was having a nap and my amazingly perfect boyfriend woke me up with a kitten!!!!!!! I bawled!! I actually can't believe I have a cat!

Months after a breakup that broke my heart, I’ve finally started noticing cute guys again. Progress is great. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

KatW4 wrote: »
    Oh. My. God.

Some of you might remember me saying that I wasn't allowed to see my 8 cats after I broke up with my ex. It's been 2 years.

But today, I was having a nap and my amazingly perfect boyfriend woke me up with a kitten!!!!!!! I bawled!! I actually can't believe I have a cat!

We demand pictures :3

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement