Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Civil Service - Irish language proficiency

• 14-03-2013 8:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me what percentage of applicants for civil service promotions apply for the "proficiency in Irish" bonus points in their applications? I've heard it's quite low, so having it could be a major advantage. Are there figures available anywhere?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Bit late with an answer, but I think it's 6%.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 penguin00

did my proficiency test today not too taxing but a decent level is required to achieve max points. I hope it gives me a leg up on others with the same technical ability. Well I presume thats why extra marks are granted.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 stephrousseau

Hi there!

I know this is a really old thread... but just curious as to what sort of questions they ask in the Irish test? Is it like the leaving cert oral exam? where you live, hobbies, etc etc??

Any input gratefully received!

Thanks

Advertisement