Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mi box (International version) €48.44

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Guess that could be liable to customs based on the HK warehouse?

W

• Registered Users Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

The newer model, the 4th version, seems cheaper at first glance...

https://m.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_1625684.html

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,375 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

The newer model, the 4th version, seems cheaper at first glance...

https://m.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_1625684.html

Language: Chinese

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

Are there any sites that ship these from within the EU to avoid customs. Have one for the last year. Love it. Want another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

groom wrote: »
    Are there any sites that ship these from within the EU to avoid customs. Have one for the last year. Love it. Want another one.
    honorybuy have a Eu warehouse so do gearbest

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,375 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

geekbuying have a polish warehouse and ship for €2, but it's also more expensive @€;57

https://www.geekbuying.com/item/-Official-International-Version--XIAOMI-Mi-Box-4K-H-265-Android-Box-399763.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

I just bought one on AliExpress for €50 but got stung €21 custom's and An Post fee so maybe factor that into the overall price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭homingbird

Maybe ask seller to ship without box better chance of getting thru customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Invincible

homingbird wrote: »
    Maybe ask seller to ship without box better chance of getting thru customs.

Just send the Mi ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Picked up one of these last night it's still pending..
    Haven't had an android box in a few years, last one was poor so hopefully this is as good as the reviews are!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭matzen

Newtown90 wrote: »
    Picked up one of these last night it's still pending..
    Haven't had an android box in a few years, last one was poor so hopefully this is as good as the reviews are!

It really is good. Connects no bother to my NAS and streams without issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Xterminator

aaronm13 wrote: »
    I just bought one on AliExpress for €50 but got stung €21 custom's and An Post fee so maybe factor that into the overall price.

i always buy from a vendor with an EU warehouse - i know its a couple of quid more, but no customs and easier returns, and EU rules apply.

I do see some of the sellers offer 'customs insurance' where for a couple of quid up front you are covered if you get stung. Look out for that next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Gearbest supposedly cover any customs when you select priority line shipping.
    I've certainly never been hit by customs when selecting it...

€3.44 delivery for this Mi box.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

Thanks OP. I ordered one and got the sale price just in time. I didn't think and just assumed it has a LAN connection. It doesn't....will need to get one of these :
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00LLUEJFU/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8

Balls. Hope I don't get hit with customs now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

ordered one from geekbuying yesterday but no update on shipping yet.
    Already have one and I love it. (will need to get a couple of rj45 adaptors)
    my phone and smartwatch are xiaomi aswell, I love their products.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭danm14

sham69 wrote: »
    ordered one from geekbuying yesterday but no update on shipping yet.
    Already have one and I love it. (will need to get a couple of rj45 adaptors)
    my phone and smartwatch are xiaomi aswell, I love their products.

My experience was terrible - I ordered one three weeks ago from Poland, it was delivered to DPD here and returned to the sender.

They still hadn't notified of this me a week later (I only noticed when I checked the shipping information). I had to stay up until 2am to contact their support (the night support person actually recommended I stay awake) who told me they hadn't received it back and made me wait days until they "complete full investigation with shipping company". When I told them the shipping information showed it was returned, they told me they would be fired if they refunded me.

Funnily enough, as soon as I mentioned a Chargeback, the investigation completed within a few minutes. A manager then asked me by email at 4am Friday morning whether I wanted a refund or replacement (despite me requesting a refund several times), telling me to reply quickly as it was the weekend in a few hours (knowing based on my time zone I wouldn't be replying until morning).

I replied, then was told they were closed and to "remind them on Monday". I did so, and again on Tuesday morning, and it's been complete radio silence since then and no refund. Revolut won't let me do a Chargeback until 2 weeks have passed in case the refund is being processed as this is how long Geekbuying advise a refund may take on their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Got mine from Poland aswell, took about 10 days.

Not overly impressed with it but does what it says on the tin!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Is anyone having problems with Netflix on the box mine plays for a min and then kicks back an error

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

danm14 wrote: »
    My experience was terrible - I ordered one three weeks ago from Poland, it was delivered to DPD here and returned to the sender.

They still hadn't notified of this me a week later (I only noticed when I checked the shipping information). I had to stay up until 2am to contact their support (the night support person actually recommended I stay awake) who told me they hadn't received it back and made me wait days until they "complete full investigation with shipping company". When I told them the shipping information showed it was returned, they told me they would be fired if they refunded me.

Funnily enough, as soon as I mentioned a Chargeback, the investigation completed within a few minutes. A manager then asked me by email at 4am Friday morning whether I wanted a refund or replacement (despite me requesting a refund several times), telling me to reply quickly as it was the weekend in a few hours (knowing based on my time zone I wouldn't be replying until morning).

I replied, then was told they were closed and to "remind them on Monday". I did so, and again on Tuesday morning, and it's been complete radio silence since then and no refund. Revolut won't let me do a Chargeback until 2 weeks have passed in case the refund is being processed as this is how long Geekbuying advise a refund may take on their site.

sorry you had such a bad experience.
    It was my first time to use geekbuying but all went well.
    Took a week to get to me from poland.
    Box is great, all my apps work perfectly (don't want to name them ;)
    I have a few other android boxes mxq , m9 etc and I just find the mibox a bit faster and smoother.

Advertisement