Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Freight to Canada (WestJet)

• 26-07-2018 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I hope this is in the right section of boards.

I used WestJet Cargo to ship home extra bags that I had from Vancouver to Dublin at Christmas. I am moving back and seeing if they do the same offer for Dublin to Vancouver.

I have called the number on the WestJet Cargo site but that is just the hold depot for cargo that has arrived already.

Does anyone know where they work out of in Dublin? Or alternatively a fright company that would be close to the WestJet prices that would ship to Vancouver?

Thanks for the help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,240 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Shop around (DHL, Fedex, UPS, etc.), but look for their 'slow' service instead of the next day service.

https://www.worldbox.ie/sending-a-parcel-to-canada/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭IE 222

Air Canada fly this route direct now. Not sure how much baggage or weight your bringing but it could travel with you if it's a reasonable amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Would An Post be any use at sending large packages (baggage) or should they be avoided?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,240 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Gintonious wrote: »
    Would An Post be any use at sending large packages (baggage) or should they be avoided?
    There are limits for what they will take in ordinary post.

They have an arrangement with, I think, UPS for larger items.

• Advertisement
Advertisement