Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Arcade & Retro Feedback Thread, like those blank pages in the back of an EA manual

• 31-01-2018 12:14pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

Concerning the ongoing and inevitable evolution of the site as a whole, it seems a good idea to plant a sticky thread for your feedback.

This feedback can be on anything you feel would benefit the forum as a whole, a particular thread or other matters.

I would say keep the charter in mind, these rules still apply, and breaches will be deleted from this thread, backseat modding, targeting of other posters etc.

Keep in mind too that the reporting button is there and to use it rather than this thread for appropriate issues, reporting is confidential within the mod/catmod/admin structure while this thread is very much public.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,943 ✭✭✭Doge

My suggestion is not a suggestion at all. ;)

I’m perfectly happy with the way things are being run on this forum,
    I guess if the mods and user keep coming up with interesting ideas for threads that’s all we can ask really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Inviere

Doge wrote: »
    My suggestion is not a suggestion at all. ;)

I’m perfectly happy with the way things are being run on this forum,
    I guess if the mods and user keep coming up with interesting ideas for threads that’s all we can ask really.

Much agree. Keep the discussion flowing, t'is all ya can do really.

Not so much a forum specific idea this, more of a category one, but now that Boards.ie & Adverts are exes, & are under different management these days...I'd love to see other forums embrace the model we have here with the Marketplace. Perhaps one big Gaming Supermarket forum, rather than several small ones (though I'd argue to keep the A&R one as it came first & works great as is)...there's been times I'd like to sell Ninty stuff & the likes to other Boardsies, but would have to do it externally. One overall marketplace in the category to handle trades, swaps & sales would, imo, be an incredible resource to have. There's so many like minded people in the category who despise having to use Adverts & the like. Why don't we accommodate them, now that we can? It'd be great to open buying & selling up to more modern/current gaming eras like 3DS, Wii U, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4, etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I think we should have emulation back in the forum title :pac:

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,367 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Inviere wrote: »
    Perhaps one big Gaming Supermarket forum, rather than several small ones (though I'd argue to keep the A&R one as it came first & works great as is)...c

That is a fantastic idea. I'm sick to death of having to use adverts at this stage. Would sometimes really love to have ads visible to the whole Boards.ie gaming community.

Ciderdude - in the words of His Holiness, Jean-luc Picard, 'make it so' :D

On a forum specific level, I don't think anything needs to change, we just need more active posters. So people, stop readin' and get postin'. I've found just a few posts per day by a specific few people and the place gets back into it's stride again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Great idea that Inver...EnterNow! A Gaming Supermarket would be great.
    o1s1n wrote: »
    I've found just a few posts per day by a specific few people and the place gets back into it's stride again.

We need Pyongyang back, get us to buy games we never heard of nor need! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,367 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    We need Pyongyang back, get us to buy games we never heard of nor need! :pac:

I still have that copy of The Tower for the Saturn knocking around somewhere :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Everyone buy a Vectrex again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

My copy of the tower sits next to my pink bullets zine!

Long live Pyongyang!

(Hope im not on a watchlist for the last line now)

Advertisement