Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

northgirl wrote: »
    And I'll more than likely be leaving that area very shortly!! :D

Sounds like it'll be worth it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

You wouldn't want one either Grace.

Far better off without.

Hello, my name is NorthGirl and I'm a McDonaldaholic.

lol... Of course I could make a fortune from McD free environment residencies here..... Being a small island you would be totally safe,,, and no thoughts please of bribing the ferryman to take you over! :) He is incorruptible ....

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    I don't see how delivery from Shop street in Galway will work. It's a pedestrian street so if someone has to park, walk to McD's, walk back to the car, the food will have already gone cold.

They have a delivery entrance that leads out onto road where Connaught Tribune was haven’t they? I wonder will they use that.
    I fondly remember my last Mc Donald’s (about 2 weeks ago). Or Macca’s as they call it in Australia.
    Had just come off the beach in Surfer’s Paradise, Queensland. Ravenous, so it was tasty. I wouldn’t usually be a fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I was in McDonalds once. I asked for cutlery. The teenager I asked didn't know what the meaning of the word.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    I don't see how delivery from Shop street in Galway will work. It's a pedestrian street so if someone has to park, walk to McD's, walk back to the car, the food will have already gone cold.
    One of the independent local food delivery companies delivers Mc Donalds already, they just go to the one closest to the delivery address, tho warm maybe a lot to ask even then. TA'ed I didn't know that ppl other places couldn't have that delivered.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

madmaggie wrote: »
    I was in McDonalds once. I asked for cutlery. The teenager I asked didn't know what the meaning of the word.

Good grief... :/

I remember a chap in Oxfam who wanted to donate a hi-fi, and the girl there looked completely lost, so the chap had to explain. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I'm so looking forward to tomorrow! I've had rehearsals all week which have made me stressed and tired but I have nothing tomorrow! I'm going to come home from school and have a nap. Then when I wake up I'm going to have a takeaway and lots of alcohol! Bring it on!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭newmember2

Date on the litre of milk is Nov1 and here we are a week later and it's still good...woohoo! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

My age today is a palindrome 38.83

Happy I can stay safe indoors... apart from catching the big cat later... shake, rattle and roll out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Happy days. My long lost cousin in Libya has died and left me millions. Now all I have to do is give my bank details and I'm rich :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

SAMTALK wrote: »
    Happy days. My long lost cousin in Libya has died and left me millions. Now all I have to do is give my bank details and I'm rich :D

Do you also hve to pay some fees in advance? Are you sure your long lost cousin wasn't in fact a Nigerian prince?

Sorry for your loss, all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Vicarious Function

Finishing a painting that turns out better than expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

New Home wrote: »
    Do you also hve to pay some fees in advance? Are you sure your long lost cousin wasn't in fact a Nigerian prince?

Sorry for your loss, all the same.

No he died 2 years ago. Still waiting on that money to come through :)

Thanks for condolences but I wasn't really that close to them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Receiving a pleasant greeting on the street and the reactions to giving one. People seem in great form this morning,

• Registered Users Posts: 40,102 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Listening to Ska on Deezer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I got my hair cut this morning, and I've been getting compliments! I looked in the mirror yesterday and thought "Jayziz Maggie, you're looking rough"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

TH; a cosy home on a day like this.

Playing bedmice for the first ever time with one of the baby cats! HER first time and she is totally ..... funny girl!

In early, out early! Flexible working ftw!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Sold 3 photos :)

My sports trips for the next 2 months

10/11 IRL V ARG
    24/11 IRL V USA
    01/12 ARS V TOT
    09/12 MUN V CAS
    12/01 LEI V TOU
    19/01 MUN V EXE

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Look at that, we're from around the same area! The difference being that I don't live there anymore :o

I know, it's kinda scary how many are from cork here, I live right beside Lennox's :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

I know, it's kinda scary how many are from cork here, I live right beside Lennox's :pac:

Mad! Over by Cork Con. Small island it is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Try_harder wrote:
    10/11 IRL V ARG 24/11 IRL V USA 01/12 ARS V TOT 09/12 MUN V CAS 12/01 LEI V TOU 19/01 MUN V EXE

I'm going to the USA one too! Can't wait!!!!

TH loving my lazy evening and night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Awake since 4.30. Just got into bed. It is BLISS.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I had a lovely day minding my 3 year old niece. Managed to lock myself in the bathroom at one stage and could hear her outside shouting “Chase, get the winch!”.. (Paw Patrol reference) Then the lecky went just as I was cooking the dinner. Managed to find a torch and she had great fun trotting through the house looking for the “tricity”. It came back just as she was looking for it in a drawer and I convinced her that she fixed it and she was delighted with herself. I bought her new fluffy pjs and a few books and I was worried she wouldnt settle in my bed but she’s asleep now and I’m so happy! Best girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

Mad! Over by Cork Con. Small island it is :D

I live around the corner from Con :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Shrek and toasted sandwiches to calm me down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,084 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Have a week's holiday from work and I'm heading to Liverpool today with some friends for a few days.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement