Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Griffith Valuation-Property not on map

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭KildareFan

Dominic Rogers was renting 3 separate parcels of land on the townland of Broughattin [Parish of Ballymascanlon]. This townland is just north west of the townland of Ballymascanlon. The properties numbered 8a b etc are definitely on the map that I've seen.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

The maps on askaboutireland are not the original maps. When did he die?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭patsman07

pinkypinky wrote: »
    The maps on askaboutireland are not the original maps. When did he die?

Not sure when he died. He's dead by the 1901 census. Surprised they are not the original maps when they are numbered so clearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭patsman07

KildareFan wrote: »
    Dominic Rogers was renting 3 separate parcels of land on the townland of Broughattin [Parish of Ballymascanlon]. This townland is just north west of the townland of Ballymascanlon. The properties numbered 8a b etc are definitely on the map that I've seen.

Broughattin is a very small townland. Those 3 properties are not within the border of that townland on the map I'm l looking at.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭KildareFan

patsman07 wrote: »
    Broughattin is a very small townland. Those 3 properties are not within the border of that townland on the map I'm l looking at.

They are on the townland map I was looking at - I'm on the road at the moment and can't download an image. Will try later.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

Where can the original maps be viewed? I have a similar problem with an ancestor.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

They are not online - the NLI and Archives have copies, I believe.
    The originals were not used as they weren't in as good condition.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭tabbey

BigCon wrote: »
    Where can the original maps be viewed? I have a similar problem with an ancestor.

The maps with red boundary lines are from the second generation six inch series,about 1870.

The first maps, less legible, may be accessed by switching map versions on the top right corner of the map. Most have been added since the site first went online.

Advertisement