Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kevin Lunneys alleged attacker dies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭farmchoice

Do the English have the equivalent of the CAB, to confiscate his house and assets from that side?

they do, in fact i believe it was modeled on CAB. i remember reading an article about it, at the time it was being brought in the english police referred to colloquially as ''Murphys Law''.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Silly Gilly

Reports that Cyril was a cousin of former Sinn Fein deputy Martin McGuinness. Can anyone confirm?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,720 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Big man who liked terrorising people keels over at a knock at his door.
    Not so tough after all.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,368 ✭✭✭celt262

Reports that Cyril was a cousin of former Sinn Fein deputy Martin McGuinness. Can anyone confirm?

He was related either nephew or cousin.

Big man who liked terrorising people keels over at a knock at his door.
    Not so tough after all.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

I think the Police may have tasered him which lead to the heart attack and subsequent pissing himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭NSAman

It was the notorious north Lenister mob boss Jimmy the Aardvark.

Was he not a Slothe? Jimmy the Slothe?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,720 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I think the Police may have tasered him which lead to the heart attack and subsequent pissing himself.

Good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Letwin_Larry

i know they wont release it, but i would part with good money to see the police officer's bodycam footage of his ugly mug when they 'er "knocked" on his door.

"wakey! wakey!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

He probably die too fast, good riddance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭KWAG2019

“Once recruited by MI5”. Now there’s a cast iron way to avoid prosecution for quite a while.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

saves the costs of trying him and us paying for it

good riddance.

great riddance in fact.

Innocent until proven guilty?

You have a very simple mind my friend, if you think the ringleader of this whole operation conveniently died while officers were searching his house.

celt262 wrote: »
    He was related either nephew or cousin.

Thanks. There's definitely a resemblance in some of the images I've seen of him. Like a fatter, scummier version of Martin.

what the fool didn't realise is the attack on Mr. Lunney, had wider economic implications. ie the ability/willingness of MNCs/FDI to locate in the border area and perhaps beyond.
    he effectively attracted a hugh $hitstorm on his head, on both sides of the border and on both islands.

the deaths of those poor Vietnamese people would also have strengthened the resolve of the powers of state to sort this lot out.

hopefully some good will come of this, and i congratulate the Gardai, the PSNI, and Derbyshire Police on some brillant work.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,781 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

riemann wrote: »
    Innocent until proven guilty?

You have a very simple mind my friend, if you think the ringleader of this whole operation conveniently died while officers were searching his house.

Some people delight in a conspiracy, particularly those uninclined to pay TV licence fees. However most often, a cigar is just a cigar.

I absolutely accept that an overweight, middle-aged man, living a stressful life (self induced) might well have a dicky ticker that could throw a jammer at any moment, not least from the shock of the cops kicking in his door in a house he thought he was safe in, or from a taser blast if he resisted. He may also have thought he was facing a worse fate from a dangerous enemy that found him and literally and figuratively shat himself.

If you further think that police officers engaged in a raid linked directly to a couple of the highest profile and most appalling cases in both Britain and Ireland this year were not going to carry out the raid absolutely by the book, then you're even madder.

Either way, if he is the man behind these things, my only regret is his loss as a source of information to the paymasters.

well if they ever decide to make a movie about this guy, and god only knows why, then they wont have far to look .....

DSC_0206.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,951 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

radharc wrote: »
    Oh well that's fair enough then. We shouldn't expect the gardai to be able to catch the clever criminals.

... and in the end it was our useless police force who actually provided the intel to the UK team to break down his door.

They had no idea about him, who he was or what he had done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭macwal

Larbre34 wrote: »

Either way, if he is the man behind these things, my only regret is his loss as a source of information to the paymasters.

One article I read in the past few minutes describes the police as finding a "treasure trove" of information at the house in Derbyshire.

Hopefully its true, and destroys the lives of these criminals and their families and associates.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

macwal wrote: »
    One article I read in the past few minutes describes the police as finding a "treasure trove" of information at the house in Derbyshire.

Hopefully its true, and destroys the lives of these criminals and their families and associates.

Sometimes statements like that are released to give associates some squeaky bum time in the hope of garnering some voluntary information.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Can someone tell this simpleton why he was attacked, and by whom? Without speaking in code and nudge nudge wink winking :p I live too far away to understand border talk!

The ambition of these thugs, to take down QIH, was so that it could be taken over by someone else. It wasn't going to be the thugs who were eyeing up control of the company. It was someone else.

Incidentally, this chief ringleader, who died, is a Derrylin man. Small world, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,487 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Fergul Quinn is dead!!! At least his sausages will live on.

🙈🙉🙊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Quinn has cost the citizens of this state over €3.5 billion between covering his investment losses and the insurance levy. In the past I felt sympathetic towards the Quinns.
    Not any more.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

celt262 wrote: »
    I don't care who is on that list, it but is that not what he was up to?

So what's your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Do the English have the equivalent of the CAB, to confiscate his house and assets from that side?
    Yes they do. It's modelled on CAB. French and Dutch have similar.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assets_Recovery_Agency

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    Quinn has cost the citizens of this state over €3.5 billion between covering his investment losses and the insurance levy. In the past I felt sympathetic towards the Quinns.
    Not any more.

How anyone could have ever had an ounce of sympathy is beyond me.

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    How anyone could have ever had an ounce of sympathy is beyond me.
    Local "saintly" man who made good and was screwed. Plenty of examples of it in this country!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Wouldn't imagine there was a que of coppers to give him CPR !

Wouldn't imagine there was a que of coppers to give him CPR !
    They were in shock themselves and couldn't move!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,699 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

"Once recruited by MI5".

Show me a Provo and I'll show you a tout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Just another example of how the paramilitaries continue to be a malign influence on wider society.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭HBC08

Read the article,neither restrained or tasered.

Just sh1t the togs and keeled over when someone came knocking on his door.

Delighted for him

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement