Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Conor McGregor's Declining Irish Fanbase

• 24-09-2019 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Thought I'd share this here considering this is the board where much of his early fanbase lurked, including myself.

Would love to hear your thoughts.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Awful shame, there’s a responsibility that comes with such fortune as Conor has obtained, everyone is entitled to make mistakes, but at some point you just have to give up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 370 ✭✭WB Yokes

Most people dont like scumbags. Thats it really.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

Never liked the man. To me he was always a ****.

First I ever remember hearing anything about him was making a hypocrite and a twat out of himself by wearing a poppy and having the foggy dew as his ring walk music.

He subsequently went on some foul mouthed rant about Catholics (after recently having his kid christened) and celtic supporters (wears a celtic shirt at training).

Wanker of the highest order.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭NeonWolf

Hello Emperor......Where are all your clothes?

even to a casual observer it was obvious that he was a toerag from the outset.
    Show me who your friends are and I’ll tell you who you are?"
    - Vladamir Lenin

When his "mates" seen from the outset are the likes of the career-scrote Murray Brothers and he was going along to Kinehan mob funerals etc. despite McGregor having pretty much middle-class upbringing in Lucan, it's obvious what sort of character was in question.

He went on to prove every suspicion about him in spades. And that's only the stuff caught on camera!

The most shocking aspects of the story are the hold-out supporters still out there in Ireland.

• Advertisement

Exactly how I picture the garden-variety McGregor fan

IUfkhwq.png

Ireland's future - sweet baby jebus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLNOnPsfYbI&feature=youtu.be&t=114

McGregor and those lot deserve each other

The average IQ in Ireland shot up that weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭xtal191

glasso wrote: »
    Ireland's future - sweet baby jebus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLNOnPsfYbI&feature=youtu.be&t=114

McGregor and those lot deserve each other

The average IQ in Ireland shot up that weekend.

****ing hell

the Irish water protesters were over there as well.... :confused::confused::confused:

https://youtu.be/HLNOnPsfYbI?t=131

beyond belief that muppet montage

I wonder what the guy who made that video thought of him a few years ago, when the rest of us saw him for the cretin he always was.

I don't know what all this sudden declining fanbase is. He was always a ****. And encouraged to act like one by his fanboys. Who have now abandoned him in their droves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,868 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I was proud to see an Irish person do so well on the world stage but time has shown me that he's nothing but a scumbag. Having said that I wouldn't want to be a in a fight with him and I'm a big bloke

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I was proud to see an Irish person do so well on the world stage but time has shown me that he's nothing but a scumbag. Having said that I wouldn't want to be a in a fight with him and I'm a big bloke

it was horrific to see the worst kind of grasping Irish scrote be well-known outside Ireland and have that image associated with Irishness internationally.

glasso wrote: »
    it was horrific to see the worst kind of grasping Irish scrote be well-known outside Ireland and have that image associated with Irishness internationally.

Not only do I agree fully, I would also like to point out the writing was on the wall years ago about the sort of scumbag he was.

It didn't happen overnight.

Many people seemed to willfully ignore it. Or even encourage it. Then suddenly swathes of people suddenly didn't like him for some reason.

If he wants to be a scrote off with him. The flag bearer thing is disgraceful. Him and his supporters need to explain why we all had to be thrown under the bus along with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,923 ✭✭✭✭rob316

The same absolute fools will turn up to watch Gallagher finish some bum tomorrow night. There will be a sing song and everyone will be happy with that, if they see the fight go to the ground it will be boo after boo. I've been to McGregors fights in LV they attract the worst kind of fan, not just a casual but a know nothing and has no interest in the actual fight.

Away from him though he has done alot for the exposure of the sport here. I myself would of watched UFC back in the day with Chuck, Tito, Randy etc but he definitely peaked my interest in it again. With that I've gotten to train and learn from the best people and be part of a gym I love.

I find it absolutely bizarre though that fans think he owes them something, to go back fighting for the sake of it. Its prize fighting at the end of the day and he's made more than every single one of his fellow MMA fighters combined.

Not only do I agree fully, I would also like to point out the writing was on the wall years ago about the sort of scumbag he was.

It didn't happen overnight.

Many people seemed to willfully ignore it. Or even encourage it. Then suddenly swathes of people suddenly didn't like him for some reason.

If he wants to be a scrote off with him. The flag bearer thing is disgraceful. Him and his supporters need to explain why we all had to be thrown under the bus along with them.

indeed. pure denial.

contrast fake working-class McGregor with someone like former boxing world champion Andy Lee who is a fooking traveller for fecks sake - but a better ambassador of Irishness (even tho born in the UK) or a sounder or more eloquent man you could you not find.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭eddie73

Hatters gonna hate. Seems you can do and say what you like and fall behind this slogan to justify doing whatever you like

• Registered Users Posts: 24,764 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

At the end of the day, he’s not an individual whom I could warm to that easily. Talented yes but a tough ‘like’... massive kudos for his success and everything but seeing his mug on tv and his ever moving mouth... nahhh I find myself reaching for the remote and MUTE...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Screen-Shot-2019-09-26-at-18-17-38.png

Poor kid. Not a great start in life. On the shoulders of your topless da, already missing a shoe.

Effects wrote: »
    Screen-Shot-2019-09-26-at-18-17-38.png

Poor kid. Not a great start in life. On the shoulders of your topless da, already missing a shoe.

Correction. He found a shoe

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,180 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Perhaps if certain posters would read the forum charter they would realise no fighter bashing is allowed

As this thread is only going to attract such behaviour, it serves no purpose in this forum and I'm closing it

If anyone wants to discuss McGregor and his talents/decline or other aspects of his MMA career in a constructive manner you should know exactly which thread that belongs in

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement