Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Bull Cliff diving Aran Islands Aug 4

• 17-06-2012 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

Just saw this advertised on tv and think it would be fantastic to watch. I can't see any info about tickets - is it free to do and see? Also then was thinking - how much would you actually see? Would they have big tv screens set up or something otherwise I presume you would only see them jumping off the edge and nothing else:P Or are there good viewing spots nearby?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭Dr Pepper

Hi mel.b,

I'm afraid I don't have any answers regarding tickets. Anybody know if you can just buy tickets somewhere? It doesn't look like it from their website. It looks like the only way to get a ticket is to 'win' one playing a stupid online game via Facebook. You can play once for free but after that you have to enter a code you get from a 4-pack of Red Bull... In other words, social media advertising bullsh1t! :mad: I'd rather just buy a ticket and go see the damn thing but this nonsense puts me off going at all to be honest.

Disappointing...
    [/rant]

Cheers,
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Laman

I saw the ad on tv last night also and as for trying to get accomdation on Inishmore that weekend it seems pretty booked up!!! Any luck in finding out anything about tickets??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

No, haven't been able to find anything other than what Dr Pepper posted above

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭conf101

Just saw an ad for this on TV. Looks deadly. Would love to go. Anyone found any more details?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

I'm not sure if their is another way to view this Cliff-Diving aside from the details given where it says
    The only way to get to the event is to take this online challenge
    CLICK HERE TO BE PART OF THE ACTION.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Atomicjuicer

That link seems to require Facebook?

Nice for those of us who don't want that invasion...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 clowe

Hey,

You can only win ickets to this event as Red Bull are only to accomodate 700 spectators on Inis Mor.

There are weekend packages for Irish residents and 8 Weekend Packages for Northern Irish residents.
    To win tickets go onto Red Bull Cliff Diving to the online challenge which is available online. The Challenge can be found in two separate locations: www.redbullcliffdiving.com/inismor and www.centra.ie

The “Event Day Package” consists of:
    Two tickets to the Event to be held on 4 August 2012 together with ferry transfers from Galway to Inis Mór in the Aran Islands (modes of transport and times of travel shall be entirely at the discretion of the Promoter).
    The “Weekend Package” consists of:
    Accommodation for two nights for two people on a bed and breakfast basis at a Galway hotel chosen by the Promoter; and
    Two tickets to the Event to be held on 4 August 2012 providing for priority viewing of the Event, after Event BBQ together with bus and ferry transfers from Galway to Inis Mór in the Aran Islands.
    To enter the draw to win a Weekend Package participants must purchase a special Red Bull Cliff Diving Challenge promotional 4-pack of Red Bull. Participants must then log on to www.redbullcliffdiving.com/inismor, enter the code provided on the special promotional pack and successfully beat the computer in the online Red Bull Cliff Diving challenge. If successful in this challenge, participants will be entered in to the draw to win one of the Weekend Packages. Participants who share the Red Bull Cliff Diving Challenge with 3 friends via the Facebook platform (www.facebook.com) will receive one additional entry to the Weekend Package prize draw, provided that the 3 friends play the online challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 clowe

You only need a facebook account for day passes. To win a weekend pass go into any participating Centra store and when you buy a four pack of Red Bull you will receive a leaflet with a promotional code on it. Then before doing the online challenge enter your promotional code-no facebook account necessary!!

Should be an amazing event!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,714 ✭✭✭dmc17

Shame that day passes are reserved for facebook users :( It should be open to the general public and cliff diving fans more so than facebook fans

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭bobbyg

What do you share the game or the event?? I cannot see anywhere to share the game on facebook!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,380 ✭✭✭✭listermint

dmc17 wrote: »
    Shame that day passes are reserved for facebook users :( It should be open to the general public and cliff diving fans more so than facebook fans

good jaysus, just join it get the tickets and then leave when your finished.

Is this the last great stand against facebook et al ?

ridiculous, im sure youve done worse things than sign up to a social network fro tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,714 ✭✭✭dmc17

listermint wrote: »
    good jaysus, just join it get the tickets and then leave when your finished.

Is this the last great stand against facebook et al ?

ridiculous, im sure youve done worse things than sign up to a social network fro tickets.

Thanks for the offer but I think I'll pass this time. You're not guaranteed to get tickets by joining. And maybe I am signed up to a social network, just might not be Facebook :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Flynn

Does anyone know if it would be worth going out without tickets (the draw is now closed) and would you be able to view from afar, from cliffs or something? Soak up the atmosphere afterwards? Or would it be sectioned off...

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭alwayssideways

Flynn wrote: »
    Does anyone know if it would be worth going out without tickets (the draw is now closed) and would you be able to view from afar, from cliffs or something? Soak up the atmosphere afterwards? Or would it be sectioned off...

Would also like to know the answer to this question as the winners of the tickets were announced at the start of the week, and I didn't win :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dugdug

is there any winners of that tickets that would be willing to sell??

Would also like to know the answer to this question as the winners of the tickets were announced at the start of the week, and I didn't win :(

I won tickets and have received the itinerary by email. According to the email it won't be possible to view unless you have a ticket. But that's what you would expect the organisers to say. I do know that once we arrive in Kilronan we get a 20 minute bus journey to the 'base camp' and the dive location is a further 20-30 minute walk/hike from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭alwayssideways

conf101 wrote: »
    I won tickets and have received the itinerary by email. According to the email it won't be possible to view unless you have a ticket. But that's what you would expect the organisers to say. I do know that once we arrive in Kilronan we get a 20 minute bus journey to the 'base camp' and the dive location is a further 20-30 minute walk/hike from there.

Fancy selling the tickets?!

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭bobbyg

If anyone can't make it and is willing to sell their tickets drop me a PM.

Fancy selling the tickets?!

Afraid not :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭donegaldude

Not long now, car is packed, hitting the road to Galway this evening. Can't wait to see the diving tomorrow, not a snowballs chance in hell of selling our tickets. Best gig of the weekend me thinks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Peter B

Any good videos of this?

I couldn't find anything on youtube except for a few private vids.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭yer man!

Peter B wrote: »
    Any good videos of this?

I couldn't find anything on youtube except for a few private vids.
    It'll be on TG4 this week, I was there over the weekend and one of the locals told me this.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭999/112

Advertised on TG4 for viewing on Thursday (evening/night?), but no time. Have to keep the eyes/ears open for the time. The few clips that were shown look awesome!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭yer man!

999/112 wrote: »
    Advertised on TG4 for viewing on Thursday (evening/night?), but no time. Have to keep the eyes/ears open for the time. The few clips that were shown look awesome!:)
    You should see the pool that they were diving into, mother of god it looks freaky. If you're ever on the island I highly recommend going to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,924 ✭✭✭Raiser

yer man! wrote: »
    You should see the pool that they were diving into, mother of god it looks freaky. If you're ever on the island I highly recommend going to see it.

Poll_na_bPeist-thumb-400x300.jpg

Poll na bPeist, Red Bull had it as 'Serpents Lair' not sure if it has local origns under that title or was it rebranded specifically by Red Bull.

- I couldn't believe it, what an amazing location for an event like this - think its something like 8 Metres deep at optimal time for diving in.

There's the usual few YouTube videos to be found of fellas jumping in......

Advertisement