Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nest with Electric Ireland

1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

ablelocks wrote: »
    So switch to get the cashback and then buy the nest after?
    We joined the Electricity Plan for Nest for €130 and €175 Welcome Credit..

.. but didn't see a cashback option on any of the plans, just "welcome credit"

Screenshot-2020-01-21-at-14-10-18.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2 marisila

You should be able to avail of the cashback offers for Electric Ireland via switcher.ie. Once your account has switched over, you can apply for the nest for €130. Unfortunately I don't see any better deal right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭torrevieja

is the Nest not free anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

torrevieja wrote: »
    is the Nest not free anymore

Hasn't been for years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭torrevieja

peteb2 wrote: »
    Hasn't been for years

Was a good offer when it was

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the-island-man

Just thought I'd update this thread. It seems like Electric Ireland have dropped the NEST. They're no longer selling it. Bit of a shame.

I like the sound of the Climote in the way that it can cover three heating zones in the one device but the connection via sim is putting me off. I live in a rural area. The Broadband is good thanks to Fiber to the Home but the mobile coverage is poor, a lot of tree cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Went to get it today after moving months ago and EI making balls of my account. Hopefully is a stock thing and will come back

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭markf1982

Had the climote before the nest and in my opinion its not worth it.

live in a rural area too and the sim kept dropping connection. climote then developed a fault and could only use it manually. took 3 months of contacting them and elcectric ireland to try to get a repair.

swapped it out for the nest and haven't looked back. night and day for me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Couldn't see the climate on their site

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

I'm in the hunt for a nest.....two actually as I need one for upstairs also. Pity I missed out on this offer. Hopefully soke deals come up as I'm not willing to blow over €400 on two stats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I had the nest 3rd gen for a few years but recently got the Hive instead with proper zoned heating and smart TRVs. The nest is good for basic stuff but there's no real way of expanding it or doing anything more advanced like adding radiator valves

Advertisement