Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why no magic shops in dublin ??

• 09-02-2011 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi I am new to the board and just picking up my child hood hobby again (so im basically new to magic again) .

But something i have wondered why nobody has ever opened a magic shop in dublin. Is there not a demand for it ???????? I know you can generally get things cheaper online but I for one would love to purchase things at a shop to discuss with the owner etc and would love to support my local shop.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Snazzy_Chazzy

No Magic Shops in Dublin ???? We have loads of them, they are called Banks, you shovel money into them and it disapears !
    On a serious note there used to be a few "joke" shops they sold some magic stuff think there all closed. Think ebay might be your only man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

They all turned into Abrakebarbra outlets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

cytex wrote: »
    Hi I am new to the board and just picking up my child hood hobby again (so im basically new to magic again) .

But something i have wondered why nobody has ever opened a magic shop in dublin. Is there not a demand for it ???????? I know you can generally get things cheaper online but I for one would love to purchase things at a shop to discuss with the owner etc and would love to support my local shop.

I just don't think that there is enough demand for it, sure the only magic shop in the country that I know about is Paddy Clancy's shop in Limerick, and at that, I would be inclined to think that most of his business comes from the costume sales part of the business.

It's very difficult for bricks and mortar magic shops to compete with online stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭pfurey101

Give Pat Fallon one of the leading magicians in Ireland) a call. He sells and imports magic. http://www.patfallonmagic.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

I was in Glasgow once and swung by Tam Shepards were Jerry Sadowitz cut his teeth. In the window they appear to be just a standard little joke shop with fake poo and what not but apparently you can get real tricks there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 SuzieDsouza

I am find this address for magic shop in dublin. 46 King St S, Dublin, Co. Dublin - 01 6795622.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Skatey

It's just not the same browsing on websites. Actually going in to a 'real world' shop for items like tricks is just better!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

I made them all invisible...............

frag420 wrote: »
    I made them all invisible...............

Boom boom!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 MAndrew

No Magic Shops in Dublin ???? We have loads of them, they are called Banks, you shovel money into them and it disapears !
    On a serious note there used to be a few "joke" shops they sold some magic stuff think there all closed. Think ebay might be your only man

;D

Btw. If there are no magic shops, you can always try to open your own business ;) But I think that if there are none yet, there are no people willing to visit them...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Skatey wrote: »
    It's just not the same browsing on websites. Actually going in to a 'real world' shop for items like tricks is just better!

I agree 100% , which is why any time i'm in london International magic and Davenports are on my list of places to go.

Only problem is its harder to keep an eye on your spending.....

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭IRISHREDSTAR

there is a clown shop on kildare street

there is a clown shop on kildare street

Boom! Boom! (again)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 sadim

ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 lgsmith

Btw. If there are no magic shops, you can always try to open your own business wink.gif But I think that if there are none yet, there are no people willing to visit them...
    Ya i am agree with this . There are no people willing to visit them . But why you find the magic shop ???

Advertisement