Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭horse7

I emailed them to close my account and get a refund for the reminder of the balance,. Not getting any response so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

horse7 wrote: »
    I emailed them to close my account and get a refund for the reminder of the balance,. Not getting any response so far.

Did you top up with paypal ? Open a dispute.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,423 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Poochie05 wrote: »
    As was suggested on this thread I think, I emailed them with my account number and asked them to refund the balance. They emailed back to say it was done and should appear in my account in 3-5 days so hopefully I’ll see it this week.

Thanks. Well I'm waiting 9 weeks, 6 weeks and 2 weeks respectively for any form of a reply from them. They basically have €15 of mine (balance plus another refund).

It's such a shame, I used to use parcel motel for 4-5 diverted a week up until about s year ago when I reduced it down as found their CS to be absolutely terrible. Based on what happened over Christmas, even if they do start up again, I'll 100% never use them again. Not worth the stress

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭bo0li5eumx12kp

Addresspal actually returned my item to sender as it contains pharmaceutical based products.

I know dudes that never had this issue when using parcel lockers.

Is parcel motel or any other virtual UK address operational that's not lame addresspal?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

No.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

blastman wrote: »
    Following up my previous post, I got an email from PM today admitting my package was lost i.e they have lost it. They'll refund me the value of the invoice I sent last week (with me losing out on the exchange rate, no doubt), but it's not much consolation as the item was a signed book and I don't know if I'll be able to order it again. I was offered the refund as PM credit or a payment to the card I use to top up, took the card refund

No response to emails sent on the 8th and 23rd of December regarding the package that they've lost, despite saying the refund was approved. Time to start emailing and calling on a daily basis, I think. I'll now also be looking for my outstanding balance back, it's not big but I was prepared to wait until Brexit calmed down and they'd start up the service again, hopefully. At this stage, I couldn't be paid to use them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭kalych

Just got an "insufficient funds" text from PM. Haven't sent a single package their way since the start of December and don't have a card added to my account as i assumed I won't be needing their service going forward due to Brexit.

Before Brexit when a similar situation would occur I was able to see the parcel 'check in" the depot marked as awaiting payment. However, there's no new parcel there on the account now when i log in.

By the looks of it they've just tried to take 3.25 for no reason. Anyone else experience something similar recently? I don't feel like topping up by 11.85 only to find out it's a computer glitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

why do people feel the need to top up like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

kalych wrote: »
    Just got an "insufficient funds" text from PM. Haven't sent a single package their way since the start of December and don't have a card added to my account as i assumed I won't be needing their service going forward due to Brexit.

Before Brexit when a similar situation would occur I was able to see the parcel 'check in" the depot marked as awaiting payment. However, there's no new parcel there on the account now when i log in.

By the looks of it they've just tried to take 3.25 for no reason. Anyone else experience something similar recently? I don't feel like topping up by 11.85 only to find out it's a computer glitch.

Sometimes they charge you to receive item from another parcel motel user, even though they already paid. Contacted them several times about this, apparently it's caused by the parcel needing 'relabelling'.
    Sometimes they refunded it automatically, other times have to contact them. I did get 1 refund a few days ago, 3 weeks after I emailed them.

Seve OB wrote: »
    why do people feel the need to top up like this?

Curiousity killed the cat ;-)
    I previously had a card added to the account. Just removed it in early January after Brexit.

• Advertisement

spix wrote: »
    Sometimes they charge you to receive item from another parcel motel user, even though they already paid. Contacted them several times about this, apparently it's caused by the parcel needing 'relabelling'.
    Sometimes they refunded it automatically, other times have to contact them. I did get 1 refund a few days ago, 3 weeks after I emailed them.

Yeah, i figured this much. Recon it's a glitch as all my parcels are accounted for and I'm not expecting anything else at this point. It can only be a mistake of some kind.

Just goes to show people need to be mindful if they've still got cards added to their PM account.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

kalych wrote: »
    Yeah, i figured this much. Recon it's a glitch as all my parcels are accounted for and I'm not expecting anything else at this point. It can only be a mistake of some kind.

Just goes to show people need to be mindful if they've still got cards added to their PM account.

I suppose it could be something meant for someone else with same name as you? I got a message once to say I had a delivery but it was actually for someone else who hadn't got the PM ID on it properly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Addresspal actually returned my item to sender as it contains pharmaceutical based products.

I know dudes that never had this issue when using parcel lockers.

Is parcel motel or any other virtual UK address operational that's not lame addresspal?

If it was inspected at parcel motel when it operated its service and found to have pharma products, it would simply have been destroyed by customs and not returned - and there were many that found that out via a letter from medicines board and customs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭horse7

I,m trying to close my parcel motel account and get a refund for the remainder of my credit in my account, has anyone else managed to do this. Emails have been sent with little success.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Subotai

It’s been almost a month since they “paused” their virtual address service. I wonder if they are ever going to give an update on resuming some sort of service?

It would be great if they opened a new virtual address based in France or Germany to facilitate buying in those countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭heffo500

I wonder is there a service say in Newry where if you were buying some stuff and saving a bit that it was delivered there and held to you collect it in person?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭surfin_shoes

Hello, sorry for all your troubles.
    Just to give you a heads up ,that it takes 3-4weeks for an item to be returned to Japan via Royal Mail ATM. Hope your seller declared them properly as Japan customs can be very awkward to deal with and can ask for additional taxes of returned items. This is based on my experience .
    Just got notified that it has arrived in the Royal Mail international processing centre today, jeez that's slow...

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

heffo500 wrote: »
    I wonder is there a service say in Newry where if you were buying some stuff and saving a bit that it was delivered there and held to you collect it in person?

Actually went looking myself & found this deliverme.ie crowd who take in parcels & will courier them down south or hold for collection - €22 a parcel is a bit steep but have mailed them for clarification if they're still operating as normal as would be worth it to me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,360 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Pulse8 wrote: »
    Actually went looking myself & found this deliverme.ie crowd who take in parcels & will courier them down south or hold for collection - €22 a parcel is a bit steep but have mailed them for clarification if they're still operating as normal as would be worth it to me

Be aware too that their maximum insurance for loss or damage to a shipment is €50.00

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

Saw that alright but like with PM you can purchase coverage up to a grand I think

Interested as to how this crowd are still rolling but PM aren't, maybe slipping under the radar a little more?

What's the state of play on packages coming into the UK mainland & then onto NI - any hassle or extra checks there at mo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 paulie1983

Mod - <SNIP> Read the Forum Charter before posting again.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Pulse8 wrote: »
    Saw that alright but like with PM you can purchase coverage up to a grand I think

Interested as to how this crowd are still rolling but PM aren't, maybe slipping under the radar a little more?

What's the state of play on packages coming into the UK mainland & then onto NI - any hassle or extra checks there at mo?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058146415

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Sending a parcel to an Irish address for the first time. I assume the upto €100 liability coverage applies in these cases too?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Had a parcel put in a pm on Friday morning to be sent to me and it still hasn't moved. Are they slower these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

As Parcel Motel have temporarily suspended their virtual address in Newtownabbey can anybody recommend an alternative for buying products with free UK shipping or UK only shipping?
    Post edited by whiterebel on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Seanachai wrote: »
    As Parcel Motel have temporarily suspended their virtual address in Newtownabbey can anybody recommend an alternative for buying products with free UK shipping or UK only shipping?

Addresspal still works but you will be charged UK VAT and Irish VAT so do the maths first.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭Xterminator

brexit makes this service not feasible any more, as they would be responsible for levying the VAT, import duty, and declaring the different types of goods being sent over the border, and any accompanying paperwork, along with the raft of new restrictions!

and people used to complain when it took them over a day to get goods from NI to their locker. it would take a week in the current regime.

ive personally starting shopping at amazon.de for anything over £22. perhaps you can find a european supplier for whatever you have been getting from the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

ive personally starting shopping at amazon.de for anything over £22.

There's no need to do that. There are no extra charges on the vast majority of items on amazon.co.uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Caranica wrote: »
    Addresspal still works but you will be charged UK VAT and Irish VAT so do the maths first.

I started using address pal when PM cancelled their service. It's kind of shíte with items taking weeks to arrive and with them opening every fecking box and parcel even when it is clear what is inside. Amazon are not going to hide blood diamonds inside my air filter!!!

Stay Free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

I started using address pal when PM cancelled their service. It's kind of shíte with items taking weeks to arrive and with them opening every fecking box and parcel even when it is clear what is inside. Amazon are not going to hide blood diamonds inside my air filter!!!

If it's not fully described with taric code, it will be opened. Not their rules.

They also send by air, so with very few flights, delays are to be expected.

Advertisement