Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,936 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

This applies to Argos, Very etc, all the online retailers.

I don't care that there's 6 other people looking at the same thing as me right now.

Or that it was ordered 25 times in the last 12hrs.

You're lying.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Micky___

A certain 2FM presenter wanting the lyrics of Fairytale of New York changed.

Snowflakes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I had to ring a government department about an ongoing issue. By the time you get through all the menus, then hold, then explain the issue, then find out that the problem is that another section in the same department is not communicating the necessary information to this section, my will to live was ebbing away. How could they "lose" ten years of my PRSI contributions?? Give me strength.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ta'd Saying all yesterday I'm gonna make scrambled eggs this morning after having cornflakes all week and then I can't be arsed so I just have cornflakes again 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

When the show you’re watching keeps having to stop and load

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭MiliMe

Sitting in a restaurant, a woman at the table beside us has her phone on the table in front of her, ringing at top noise level and refuses to silent the bloody thing.
    Answer it or turn the ring off!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Should see the amount of shyte outside me house that seems to be collecting up over the last few days. There's 3 empty white Cans Carling or Dutch something I don't know. Rattling and noising and going into crevices that can't be reached, into corners and behind gates and things and rolling all over the place. Outside Nextdoor's door is a great big feic off Cantaloupe or Watermelon or some feicing thing! There's a manky durty smelly towel / Dish-rag / Teacloth blowing all over the shop for the last few weeks :o:D but I can't be ar$ed running around after it!

And then there's a huge big gigantic monstrosity of a Canvas Bag of some sort! It looks kind-of like a Car-Cover. It gave me an awful fright the night I drove in to see it snugly sitting there in front of my Front-Window and no idea what it was!! In all its white glory it reminded me of a Ghost! :pac::eek: It is about the measurements of a standard door, and the depth of oh I dunno maybe 4/5 doors! No idea where it came from! Or who it belongs to, or if someone just dumped it here. Gahhhh..

Am waiting eagerly to see what tomorrow brings, after the stormy Weather tonight there might be more crap knocking around!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Fcuking insomnia. Chronic phases lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I don't want to do anything today. I'm fed up being the one who does most of the stupid everyday stuff. I want to hibernate. I know I should be glad, got my health, lovely home, etc. But for today, Feck off world. Not depressed, just lazy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Was at the Christmas market and got a cone of ice cream and I dropped it *cross face*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Slept well for the first time since humans can remember so obviously didnt want to get out of bed for work.
    But loyal employee as i am, i dragged my arse into the office only to find out that nothing is working so it really doesnt matter whether i am here or not.

Just to be clear.... not annoyed i cant do any work, couldnt care less. Really annoyed i am sitting here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Was at the Christmas market and got a cone of ice cream and I dropped it *cross face*

Get another one :)

It's raining and grey here if that helps the TA diminish...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Bought the kids rolls this morning and got one for myself.Got home and realised i have one of the kids rolls.not too bad.I will eat it,but whats funnier.My son has my one and i can just imagine his face when he opens it in school.:D:D

Mines a brown roll:D:D

northgirl wrote: »
    Get another one :)

It's raining and grey here if that helps the TA diminish...

That's exactly what I did and it was worth it !

I'd rather drop another cone than see you have a ta NG :3

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Thinly veiled I'm in a warm place :P

On a related TA I haven't got my annual corn dog and chimney cake as it was lashing rain and cold in Galway last Sunday

maybe this w/e

Seven Worlds will Collide

That's exactly what I did and it was worth it !

I'd rather drop another cone than see you have a ta NG :3

:pac:

Good on ya mate! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

dubstarr wrote: »
    Bought the kids rolls this morning and got one for myself.Got home and realised i have one of the kids rolls.not too bad.I will eat it,but whats funnier.My son has my one and i can just imagine his face when he opens it in school.:D:D

Mines a brown roll:D:D

That reminds me I had always only bought brown sliced bread, the kids saw white bread as a treat they would get in other people's houses and thought they were deprived:). When the bad snow came earlier in the year all that was available was white pans and ever since the 6 Yr old has refused point blank to eat brown bread. Some dose buying the half pans when no one else really eats it :(

Trying to place an order on lookfantastic and it won't let me and I don't know why!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Trying to place an order on lookfantastic and it won't let me and I don't know why!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Maybe because you already do, and you can't improve perfection? :pac::pac::pac: :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,100 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

New Home wrote: »
    Maybe because you already do, and you can't improve perfection? :pac::pac::pac: :D:D:D

Smooth.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Smooth.

That's what I tell myself to cheer myself up when the restoration works don't do anything. :/:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,062 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Trying to buy presents for people who have everything they need.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,709 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Constant interruptions in the office and no respect for 1. people trying to work and 2. people who are brand new in a job and the most simple of tasks are quite cumbersome. :mad:

Open plan? Those places are worse than zoos in terms of noise.
    Bosses love them cos they can pack more monkeys in and they have their own office so they don't have to endure it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

TA is constantly having to kick people out of meeting rooms that I have actually booked and feeling like an asshole for it, even though they are technically the assholes for stealing my meeting room.

It's constant, like 5 times a day. Hovering outside the room for five minutes and then someone coming to the door with an annoyed/perplexed look, "have you booked this room?" No, I'm just standing here like an idiot for the hell of it :rolleyes:

The sole of my shoe came off when I was walking through the Swan Centre. In I had to go to Dunnes and get a pair of cardboard shoes that don't fit properly :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Trying to buy presents for people who have everything they need.

I have a different TA along the same theme.

How come as a grown man, it's automatically assumed that when I say "I don't want anything for Christmas" that I am only messing?

It genuinely bugs me that if I don't want to partake in Christmas gift buying that I am seen as some sort of grinch. It's not a financial issue with me- I can afford it. The magic of christmas has waned the last couple of years with loved ones passing away etc.

It's different with the GF as I love spoiling her when I can, but surely my family can respect my wishes that I am quite content for them not to spend money on me? Being together as a family in the full of our health is far more important to me.

Fecking materialism :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I have about an hour's work(not even that, just attaching and pasting) to do on my assignment, can I motivate myself to do it? Nope, no, nada, yawn.

Yet if I leave it to tomorrow I'll regret not doing it today.

End of term survey arrived today and im didering on whether I'll drop the lecture who implied that my recording devise is the result of laziness and not a documented memory issue, in it with her bosses or not!

TA I'm too soft to point this out to admin even tho that attitude is rampant in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,100 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Bredabe wrote: »
    I have about an hours work(not even that, just attaching and pasting) to do on my assignment, can I motivate myself to do it? Nope, no, nada, yawn.

Yet if I leave it to tomorrow I'll regret not doing it today.

End of term survey arrived today and im doddering on whether I'll drop the lecture who implied that my recording devise is the result of laziness and not a documented memory issue, in it with her bosses or not!

TA I'm too soft to point this out to admin even tho that attitude is rampant in this country.

I finished something yesterday that i had on the long finger for 2 weeks. the relief was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Open plan? Those places are worse than zoos in terms of noise.
    Bosses love them cos they can pack more monkeys in and they have their own office so they don't have to endure it.

In my old civil service job all the lower grades (HEO down) working in a particular division were squeezed into one big open plan area. There was barely room to move and the noise from phones and loud colleagues was unreal. I'm glad I left in the summertime before the heatwave struck; no air conditioning and no space for fans.
    ...I left for another open plan office but this one has loads of space! (I can move freely without bashing into someone).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Having to take the bin down that’s been sitting full to the brim in the kitchen for about 2 weeks. I gagged so bad when I was emptying it out, it stank :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement