Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vampire Diaries - Season 2 [US] *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Gooooood!
    I really want to watch this now. Making my way through Nikita first though.

"God you're hot. ..now go away" LOL

Anyone else getting a romantic vide from Bonnie & Jeremy?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

DeWitt wrote: »
    Anyone else getting a romantic vide from Bonnie & Jeremy?

Yeah I heard there's going to be some sort of triangle there with someone new. I don't know this person but I'm already on their side. Bonnie can do better than moany Jeremy.

I was over on IMDB, and there's some guy called Luka apparently. Can't say I remember him.

• Advertisement

I was over on IMDB, and there's some guy called Luka apparently. Can't say I remember him.

Yeah he hasn't shown up yet. He comes into it in episode 9.

VAM_NovSweeps_Wk3_HR_S.jpg

Apparently episode 10 is called "The Sacrifice" and is also the last episode before the winter hiatus, so it'll end on a massive cliffhanger, and given the cliffhangers they usually end with in normal episodes you know it'll be massive.

Add that to this poster and I don't like where this is going.

Also, I'm curious, Katherine said Damon used to be so sweet and polite, and that he was a bore, but surely Stefan was as big a bore, if not more so, and worse than that, he still is. So how come she loves him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Just caught this weeks episode. I actually watched last weeks episode in the States. I was in New York. Man those ad breaks are annoying!! I was glad to get back to watching it online, ad break free!!

shinny wrote: »
    Just caught this weeks episode. I actually watched last weeks episode in the States. I was in New York. Man those ad breaks are annoying!! I was glad to get back to watching it online, ad break free!!

Isn't there like 7 ad breaks or something? I remember reading an interview with Plec and Williamson where they were saying how hard it is to write for tv because you have to have 6 or 7 little cliffhangers in each episode, one before each break. Pain in the arse I'd say trying to watch it like that. I think if I lived in America I'd probably still watch a recording of it so I could skip through the ads.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I was watching that Vampires Sucks movies which....sucks, but it did have a pretty good song on the soundtrack,some rather risque lyrics...they should work this one into TVD:

• Advertisement

MAJOR SPOILERS:
    What turned The Vampire Diaries' Katherine Pierce (aka Katerina Petrova) into a cold-blooded killer? Nina Dobrev (Elena/Katherine/Katerina) says we'll find out on the November 11 episode when the action flashes back to 1490s Bulgaria.

"We find out how she became a vampire and what led her to become the person she is today — a selfish, maniacal woman who only looks out for herself," says Nina, who was born in Bulgaria and speaks Katherine's native tongue. How she's turned is a big secret, as is the identity of a new menace we'll meet from the same era, who will journey to present-day Mystic Falls.

"This villain has ties to the deep, deep past of the vampire legend," teases executive producer Julie Plec. "And then in our last episode before the holidays [December 9], we'll finally see poor Tyler Lockwood's torturous transformation into a werewolf."

More spoilertastic stuff
    Nina Dobrev has promised that more information will be revealed about Katherine in The Vampire Diaries.

Dobrev told TV Guide that a lot of Katherine's history will be explored in a flashback to her life in Bulgaria in 1492.

"We find out how she became a vampire and what led her to become the person she is today - a selfish, maniacal woman who only looks out for herself," Dobrev teased.

Meanwhile, the show's executive producer Julie Plec revealed that a "villain" from the 1490s will appear in the present in Mystic Falls.

"This villain has ties to the deep, deep past of the vampire legend," she said. "And then in our last episode before the holidays, we'll finally see poor Tyler Lockwood's torturous transformation into a werewolf."

The Vampire Diaries continues on Thursdays at 8/7c on The CW. The episode featuring the Bulgaria flashback will air on November 11.

Casting news....
    Michealla McMannus, who used to be someone on One Tree Hill, will be playing Jules, an old friend of Mason's who comes looking for him. From something else I read I believe this may also be Damon's new lady friend. Also, it'll no doubt reveal the fact that Mason didn't go back to Florida and is on the missing list.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Dilynnio

Can VD have its own forum please??

It's the best show on TV it deserves it!
    :D

^ it'll never happen, the mods loath the show...it'll never get authorised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

^ it'll never happen, the mods loath the show...it'll never get authorised.

I don't agree in fairness. If it got enough votes I think the Moderators are mature enough to put that over the own personal preferences. Personally I wouldn't want it to have it's own forum. We've too many splinter forums already that aren't used enough.

I'd actually prefer some house cleaning to be done and sub-forums that are not being used much should be brought back into the main forum!!!

Just watching this weeks episode. Really strong solid stuff. Damon told Elena that he loved her.......awww.....then compelled her so she'd forget...lol!!!

This week seemed a bit slow compared to the last few weeks, hardly any body count and no self stabbing :D
    Still, there was more development on the personal side of things, and a whole lot of setting up for future storyline.

I kind of hope that Elena had secretly doubled up on her vervain when she lost her necklace, I want her to remember what Damon said to her. That's twice now he's opened up to her, only for her to not have actually heard it.
    Also, when they saved her and Damon was smiling up at her on the stairs, he thought she was going to hug him!! It was kind of sad, but also pretty hilarious.

Promo's for next week....

I thought this weeks ep. was one of the weaker ones of the season, but we did get some arc progression, i liked the Damon/Caroline scene + Caroline/Tyler...pretty much anything Caroline now rocks, pretty different scenario then all of last season.

I'm confused about Katherine/Katerina and her lineage....in this weeks ep. Rose said that Katerina was the first doppleganger....ok, does that mean she was/Katerina a double for someone else?....like an original vamp?

Rose said she dodged her fate, as in being sacrificed....what is Katherine's origins in relation to Elena?....Isobel is Elena's mom, who is Isobel's mom?....Katherine?

That scene where Damon professed his love to Elena probably sent Twitter into meltdown!....it was very sweet, i felt for Damon tbh....his poor face when he saved Elena....he really thought that smile was for him, bless him.

I bet this'll ignite the Team Damon vs. Team Stefan debate/war....i'm unsure myself, Damon has the passion and sexytime...but he's unstable and would hert her. Stefan is BF material.

No doubt about Jeremy/Bonnie hooking up now, he was acting all boyfriendy toward Bonnie and she seemed to like it, Caroline and Tyler might be an interesting pairing...he may become part of the Scooby gang and help out the Winchester boys....eh, Mystic Falls boys :-)

I thought this weeks ep. was one of the weaker ones of the season, but we did get some arc progression, i liked the Damon/Caroline scene + Caroline/Tyler...pretty much anything Caroline now rocks, pretty different scenario then all of last season.

Right!! I hated Caroline last year, actually I didn't anything her, she was just Meh!! Now, she's one of my favourites. I was a bit annoyed at Damon treating her like an idiot again, I'd love another scene like the "you suck" one where she gets the upper hand on him.
    I'm confused about Katherine/Katerina and her lineage....in this weeks ep. Rose said that Katerina was the first doppleganger....ok, does that mean she was/Katerina a double for someone else?....like an original vamp?

Rose said she dodged her fate, as in being sacrificed....what is Katherine's origins in relation to Elena?....Isobel is Elena's mom, who is Isobel's mom?....Katherine?

I think Katherine's a bit far back to be Isobel's mother. If she was turned way back in the 1490's or whenever, then she's way way way far removed in the lineage.
    I wonder, if there's more than one doppelganger, is it possible that Elena is just some distant relative of Katherine's? Like they share an ancestor somewhere along the line but aren't directly related?
    That scene where Damon professed his love to Elena probably sent Twitter into meltdown!....it was very sweet, i felt for Damon tbh....his poor face when he saved Elena....he really thought that smile was for him, bless him.

I bet this'll ignite the Team Damon vs. Team Stefan debate/war....i'm unsure myself, Damon has the passion and sexytime...but he's unstable and would hert her. Stefan is BF material.

I'm the same. I much prefer Damon myself, but realistically speaking I can't see him as the relationship kind of guy.
    Really, unless she's willing to turn, she's better off with neither of them.

Another point of interest, the True Blood-esque brutal and gore killing of Trevor!...not in the knocking the head off, but the fact the body kept moving, a headless body crawling and falling....like someone pointed out, balsy and a wonder it got past network censors.

• Advertisement

Another point of interest, the True Blood-esque brutal and gore killing of Trevor!...not in the knocking the head off, but the fact the body kept moving, a headless body crawling and falling....like someone pointed out, balsy and a wonder it got past network censors.

It was moving?!?! I never noticed that. Must look again.

I thought last weeks killing of Aimee was the best kill I'd ever seen, "paralyzed.....and dead" but this weeks decapitation by hand was pretty awesome too.
    I noticed last week they said dick a lot. I know it's not really a curse, but for the CW it kind of is. Maybe they're allowed so many moments in the season, and they used it all up for that bloody headless body?

I have a question about the curse they're trying to break. The curse the Aztec guys did made it so the Vampires can only come out at night, and ware wolves can only turn on a full moon, so what curse are they breaking?
    If it's the vampire one, I don't see why they've been trying for hundreds of years when all they need to do is get a magic ring of not burning in the sunlight? Which surely, at their age, they've figured out.

I'm not sure it's the curse the original vamps are trying to break, but trying to kill Katherine for past bad deeds and avoiding being sacrificed, to which they seem to be doing for Klaus, so Katerina musta wronged him.

The whole moonstone/vamp/warewolf thing is still kinda hazy.

I thought that Trevor guy said that he saved Katherine from being sacrificed way back when, and that's why Klaus and the rest were after him.
    Which kind of implied that they were going to do to Katherine what they're now planning on doing to Elena.
    Although, why are they still after Katherine if she's no use to them? Maybe they're just pissed that she got away?

I'm guessing we'll find out a good bit more in next weeks episode. I love how they always tell you just enough to keep you satisfied, but there's always so much more still hanging.

Finals numbers in, consistent as hell....Nikita is getting a bit into scary territory:

The Vampire Diaries
    - 3.633 million viewers
    - 2.1/3 HH
    - 1.6/5 A18-49
    - 1.9/6 A18-34
    - 2.6/8 W18-34

Nikita
    - 2.411 million viewers
    - 1.5/2 HH
    - 0.9/2 A18-49
    - 0.9/3 A18-34
    - 1.1/3 W18-34

I always think those numbers are pretty low, but then I look at it like that's almost as many people as live in the whole of Ireland watching it :D

If Nikita gets cancelled there's more chance of Matt's mother coming back to Mystic Falls, so positive thinking there.

In other news........

http://www.deadline.com/2010/11/kevin-williamson-signs-overall-deal-with-warner-bros-television/

Kevin Williamson, co-creator and executive producer of CW's flagship drama The Vampire Diaries, has signed a rich overall deal with Warner Bros TV, the studio that produces the hit series. Under the three-year pact, Williamson will continue as an executive producer/co-showrunner on Vampire Diaries alongside fellow co-creator Julie Plec. He will also develop new projects for the studio. This marks Williamson's first TV overall deal in a decade. In the late 1990s and early 2000s, he was under a deal at Miramax TV, an extension to the pact he had on the feature side with Miramax Films following the success of his first produced script, Scream, for Miramax' Dimension label. WME-repped Williamson, who started off as an actor before switching to writing, has written the first two Scream movies as well as the upcoming Scream 4. On the TV side, Vampire Diaries marks his second hit young-skewing series after Dawson's Creek. Both series helped establish fledgling networks, the WB (Dawson's Creek) and its successor, the CW (Vampire Diaries). Vampire Diaries was a breakout hit for the CW when it launched last fall and ranks as the network's top-rated series. Season to date, it has averaged 4 million viewers and a 2.2/7 in adults 18-34.

I hope we see more of Trevor in Katherine's flashbacks, even if he was a bit of a wuss. Rose isn't doing anything for me at all, and the sooner she leaves/dies the better.
    Now Elijah? How cool was he?
    Glad they didn't take Katherine out of the tomb so soon,
    but we know from promos Elena visists her next week
    I'm really looking forward to meeting this Klaus character and getting to the bottom of this whole Doppelganger thing.

I hope we see more of Trevor in Katherine's flashbacks, even if he was a bit of a wuss. Rose isn't doing anything for me at all, and the sooner she leaves/dies the better.

I was expecting her to be really important or play a major role considering the episode was called "Rose". I think they over sold her a little bit there.
    Now Elijah? How cool was he?
    Glad they didn't take Katherine out of the tomb so soon,
    but we know from promos Elena visists her next week
    I'm really looking forward to meeting this Klaus character and getting to the bottom of this whole Doppelganger thing.

I read somewhere that in the books the really old vampires can only be killed by a certain type of wood? So I suppose that could explain how Elijah got staked but didn't die. Klaus is in the books too, but it's different from how they've introduced him on the show, so I don't know where they're going with him, but it's all very exciting.

I think there's only 2 or 3 episodes left before the winter break, which I'm not looking forward to. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭PARARORY

I thought this weeks ep. was one of the weaker ones of the season

I really liked this episode , great music as well in it! Except I thought the whole Rose/Trevor plot was way too rushed and seemed sort of lazy! Would have been better if it was drawn out over two episodes i think. Elijah was kinda interesting...

Caroline is so much more likable this season , wow her character's completely change.

Still though - my favourite scene from this season (Episode 4) was probably when Katherine runs back to Damon (after hes "dead") in the woods , everything about it was perfect. Including the music - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOwvpRZKR4I

Re; the promos for next week = Holy Sh1t I cannot wait :D:D

• Advertisement

If last year is anything to go by, we'll have a couple of long hiatus waits, we had a 6 week and then another 4 week gap last year, but with 22 eps. and a 39 week tv season it's not surprising. The CW are doing another week long VD marathon in early December, so that should catch people up and maybe add a few viewers.

http://www.tvsquad.com/2010/11/05/the-cws-december-vampire-diaries-marathon-why-you-should-wat/

Advertisement