Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor voting now possible for Irish viewers

• 29-09-2009 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭

The Sky News website has an article here which talks about how UK X Factor viewers can now vote for free (from inclusive minutes) by calling an 03 number, the only catch is they must listen to a 15 second advert before the vote is registered.

UK 03 numbers can be called from Ireland (Eircom charge 35c/min, BT Ireland charge 30c/min) so this could be a loophole which will allow Irish viewers to cast their votes on X Factor.

So for anyone looking to vote for John & Edward (or a slightly more talented act ;)) visit this website on the night of the live shows for the latest voting numbers:

http://free2call.tv

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

John & Edward FTW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 johnmchugh

I have registered votes for x factor using skype. It costs 8c

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭muffinhead

The voting numbers are now available here:

http://free2call.tv/x-factor.html

To dial just call 00 44 333 then the rest of the number.

I just called the number (0044333 666 9809) - it gives some advert then diverts to the actual X Factor voting line. I got the message "Thanks for calling the X Factor. Your vote for John & Edward has been registered" then it just disconnects.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

muffinhead wrote: »
    I just called the number (0044333 666 9809) - it gives some advert then diverts to the actual X Factor voting line. I got the message "Thanks for calling the X Factor. Your vote for John & Edward has been registered" then it just disconnects.
    Nice one! Just voted! :D

• Advertisement

On Blueface.ie this number comes up as 'UK National' and is charged at 1.6c/min but it is also included in their Freedom bundles - so you could vote using your inclusive minutes :D !

• Registered Users Posts: 34 AlaskaFox

This is fantastic. Hopefully it'll keep the twins in longer. For the novelty factor. And to annoy Simon.

The numbers are back live again!

They appear to be new numbers this week so if anyone wants to vote for John & Edward call 0044 333 666 9828 ;) .

No voting lines are available to Irish viewers this week :( ! Here is the message from the website:

Due to contractual difficulties Free2Call.tv does not have a main sponsor for this week. Unless a new sponsor comes forward we will not be live for this weeks shows.

If any Norn Iron Boards.ie members want to keep Jedward in call: 0901 61 61 110 (35p/min).

• Registered Users Posts: 15 d_bogtrotter

Look Guy's Save you'r money,even if you can vote for nothing save you'r energy.The show is a con.Do the maths

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Has anyone any more info on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Quarrybaby

johnmchugh wrote: »
    I have registered votes for x factor using skype. It costs 8c

What number do you dial to vote using Skype?????

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

The lines are down this week, their sponser pulled out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I know the guys are Irish, but in all seriousness, they haven't a note in their heads and if they are successful, it sends a bad message to aspiring young performers. Basically that you dont need any talent to succeed. Its a sad state of affairs.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

grenache wrote: »
    I know the guys are Irish, but in all seriousness, they haven't a note in their heads and if they are successful, it sends a bad message to aspiring young performers. Basically that you dont need any talent to succeed. Its a sad state of affairs.
    Grenache! Fancy seeing you posting about this :P Really wouldn't have thought it possible.

Being fully honest I don't care that they're Irish. They are the only act that are not boring this year. The rest stand at their mics and sing(exception of few) J&E are by far the most enjoyable, entertaining act this year. And their bottom two performnce was their best ever. Shows they are improving all the time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Quarrybaby

Are you serious, there are plenty of talentless people out there sending out that message already like Jordan and Jodie Marsh, (unless talent is getting your bits out), you cant blame Jedward for that!!!!!!!!!!!. Their talent may not be singing but they are entertaining, and thats the reason people are voting for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Like Big Brother hasn't been doing that for years with their fame hungry C listers. What about the Glamour Girls? Most pop singers are useless singers anyways apart from a handful. Get real.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

I have never heard such tripe in all my life... There are plenty of people rich and famous for being able to do nothing at all...
    Its the time we live in, and i think the lads have got a talent. They are entertainers.
    Would you go to a Lucie concert...i know i wouldnt.

Colleen Rooney- has her own tv show and she's fat and ugly like her husband.

Paris Hilton- if that girl farts its in the newspaper.

Calum Best- The fella count kick a ball out of his way, a disgrace to his father really.

Jade Goody- had absolutely no talent, was famous becasue people felt in a way sorry for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Old Gill

The voting lines are available on www.xfactor.ie or www.tv3.ie

Voting lines Ireland

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement