Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things you just "don't get"?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Grown ups who like Anime, My Little Pony, Furries, Pokemon, Digimon and Harry Potter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

I don’t get why when Rugby lads go for a night out it usually involves some massively homosexual/homoerotic or whatever it’s called act, usually under the guise of ‘drunken banter’.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭X111111111111

People who snort cocaine and think they are cool or fun. You are walking around with a substance that more than likely entered the country in some poor unfortunates anal passage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

the phrase 'job done'.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

Women

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

the phrase 'job done'.

"Job's a guddin" is how you say it correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 31,816 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

beejee wrote: »
    Only slightly related, but last Christmas a young relative showed me a picture that someone they knew had posted on instagram or whatever.

The girl had laid out all their Christmas presents on a bed, all expensive items that most people would be over the moon about.

Then the caption underneath "this is all I fooking got, shyt christmas".

It wasn't ironic either, apparently. There's "spoilt" and then there's the next level. Made me want to go on a murder spree.

I won't forget it, absolutely disgraceful.
    Is that the kids fault or her parents though?
    Genuine question

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

OOkay, You have nothing against her and don't dislike her but she is a vile PR shill and everyone else is thick.

Man, you have literally justified the things that I don't get post you quoted in reply..

Why is it so annoying to you though - can't you just ignore her like the rest of us that don't care? :confused:

Sorry, I'm sure this stuff has been done to death by now anyway, I will continue in bewilderment, as I'm sure the triggered aul lads will continue in spitting out bile.

I think you've been triggered yourself! Really don't get the fondness for the term "triggered" and other silly labels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Yeah I don't get the bile towards Greta either. It's a bandwagon though - a Gemma O'Doherty type will say to hate her, and their flock will follow. Same with hating George Soros - like they all even know who he is.

Now I don't get the bandwagon of worshipping Greta either, and it does seem like she is being puppeted, but the abuse?! Particularly that from middle aged folk with daughters...
    Andrew00 wrote: »
    Why so thousands of priests raped young boys? Did they all turn gay when they entered the priesthood or something? Can't understand it
    If they all turned gay, they'd be having sex with grown men.

They were paedophiles with a preference for boys. Not gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

all this going to the garage in the morning for cups of coffee/tea on the way to work, [monkey see monkey do]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

decky1 wrote: »
    all this going to the garage in the morning for cups of coffee/tea, [monkey see monkey do]
    That's just lazy feckers like moi not bothering to get up in time to have brekkie!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,149 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

TKMaxx I've been in it several times to me it either goods that other shops don't sell or goods that may have a fault.
    I've seen clothes there that were in other shops and then their sales and they clearly didn't sell and the price was nothing special.
    The odd time I saw something okay their there was a fault with it such as a zip or stitching.
    I'm generally told you need time and patience and I've given it both of them and I still don't see the fuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Littering.

Whether in woods or parkland, or at a beach or on a street or even in a restaurant Consciously making an unreasonable mess where you know other people will have to either tolerate it, ignore it or clean it up for you should be an act punishable with an on the spot fine or public shaming in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭NCS

Ready Salted.

Baffling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Why so thousands of priests raped young boys? Did they all turn gay when they entered the priesthood or something? Can't understand it
    What shocks you is that they didn't rape young girls?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

I don't get the parallel world thing featured in the latter part of the latest mr robot episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

What shocks you is that they didn't rape young girls?
    actually they did that too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Strictly come dancing.

No explanation needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭con___manx1

Littering.

Whether in woods or parkland, or at a beach or on a street or even in a restaurant Consciously making an unreasonable mess where you know other people will have to either tolerate it, ignore it or clean it up for you should be an act punishable with an on the spot fine or public shaming in my opinion.

I think public shaming would be much better plus a ridiculously high fine like 5000 for any form of littering or maybe doing community service doing litter picking if caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,719 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Grown ups who like Anime, My Little Pony, Furries, Pokemon, Digimon and Harry Potter

Grown adults with skateboards, esp here with the worst pavements outside of a developing country.

Celebrity culture.

• Advertisement

Christ, I could write a lot about things I don't get, but I'll keep it short.

Irish politics. Never could quite understand why people keep voting in muppets that they actually know are muppets, simply because they've always voted that party or their parents did. Actually, Irish politics in general is a "I don't get" area.

People on Facebook or similar social media. I seriously don't understand why you'd want some asshat from secondary school adding you to share photos of their ugly children. It's especially weird when that asshat bullied you relentlessly in school. Same with girls who rejected you, gossiped about you. or made insulting remarks in the past. I seriously don't get this creepy desire to be linked to everyone else.

I don't get the need to create a host of new words when there are already very suitable words in the English language.

I don't get Rap music and American "Black" culture, in general. I really don't get that they're proud of the things they shouldn't be (gangsters, bitches, whores, etc). I also don't get how its fine for black people to call each other (or other ethnicity) the N word, but nobody else is allowed to.

I don't get why the average Irish or British woman is placed on such a pedestal by Irish/British guys. Oh, I've heard the reasons, but I simply don't get it. (Yup, I've got Asian Fever, but I do appreciate other women too)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

decky1 wrote: »
    all this going to the garage in the morning for cups of coffee/tea on the way to work, [monkey see monkey do]

The tea break was invented by an advertising company.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

People who moan about yer one Greta Thunberg/ people who laud Greta Thunberg. In equal measure. I've got bloody bills to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

The constant need to pigeonhole billions of people into one group depending on the year they were born. I'm not going to treat someone different whether they're a millennial or a boomer, or any other bullsh!t terms. There are hard working/lazy, smart/stupid, 'any other opposite characteristics you can think of' people of all ages.

Yeah I get why marketing people would do it, but they work in the most c***ish industry on the planet, but for us regular human beings, why are we constantly using these terms?

And the people who keep lecturing me that because I've had a phone for 3 years, its long overdue an upgrade. I was recently complaining about the reduced battery life of my phone, and this was the answer I got from everyone. They cost a relative fortune, I want the fcuking thing to last. What happened to expecting a bit of durability?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Raconteuse wrote: »

If they all turned gay, they'd be having sex with grown men.

They were paedophiles with a preference for boys. Not gay.

So they all turned into peadophiles as soon as they joined priesthood

• Registered Users Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

People taking photos of their food or drink and then posting it on the Internet or wherever. Do they think people give a fck?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Closing the peat industry to help combat climate change when that volocano in New Zealand emits more toxic fumes than from burning all our bogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Arghus wrote: »
    People taking photos of their food or drink and then posting it on the Internet or wherever. Do they think people give a fck?

I know a lad who has an instagram account where he 'only' posts pictures of his breakfast which is always some or other variation of eggs.

Account is essentially anonymous and yet has over 100 followers from around the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Digital music costing as much or almost as much as a CD. There's a new 5 CD boxset of 1999 by Prince. I was looking at the price of it a couple of days ago. It's something like €65 for the 5 CDs. It costs just €10 less to buy the mp3 files. That's absolute fucking madness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

People who moan about yer one Greta Thunberg/ people who laid Greta Thunberg.

Tell us more!

Advertisement