Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The new Priory hall whos are the brave ones ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 monaliza_luz

JMNK wrote: »
    I know two other parties in same problem cannot close sale

Hi JMNK,
    I've just paid the booking fee and now I'm extremely worried about the delay to provide documents and to get mortgage approval. Besides, the lastest article on the Irish Times shows that around 40% of the units will be for social housing.
    PS. I'm expecting so over preoccupied with neighbors and delay to move in.
    Could you share your experience living at New Priory Hall?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 JMNK

We have been living in opposite blocks since 2017. All is good. But yes social housing is ordered by city council. Of our 7 blocks, all block 7 is social housing. For new blocks we understand 3 are for social housing as voted in by Co Co in years previous for a30% figure. Hooke Mcdonald should have given those stats on the viewings of weekends previous. That'sthe approach forDublin in 2019 . There is a new active management ctte here with monthly meetings as per MUD Act. At a recent AGM is the management fees per annum which we try to input on. If an active owner network going ford should be fine. And we will welcome you at next AGM in Nov. The paperwork you ask of was very very slow to even stop. Hope it's different this time. It's a great development and so close to Dart and park.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mjshravan

Exactly I have also paid the booking deposit but in Dilemma whether to buy or not. Could anyone share their opinions plz. I am worried about 40% social housing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Shravs123

Anyone buying an apartment in New priory hall? Build quality, Price, Location looks perfect but there was an article which got published about social housing. About 39 houses out of 105 are being offered for social housing ( that is almost 37%). Will there be any problem with these many social housing? In dilemma whether to proceed or not.

Anyone buying an apartment in New priory hall? Build quality, Price, Location looks perfect but there was an article which got published about social housing. About 39 apartments out of 105 are being offered for social housing ( that is almost 37%). Will there be any problem with these many social housing? In dilemma whether to proceed or not.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,126 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Pretty much all new developments now will have ~30% social housing, so the only way to avoid it is to buy a second hand house in a development full of owner occupiers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,991 ✭✭✭Caranica

Do a search on here, came up very recently

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note

Priory Hall threads merged.

Hi Awec, I am thinking the norm for social housing is just 10%?

• Administrators Posts: 53,126 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Shravs123 wrote: »

Yea you're right, I had a brain fart.

There were calls to increase it to something like 30% but that never happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭baldbear

What's the downside to living beside social housing?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

baldbear wrote: »
    What's the downside to living beside social housing?

In my experience, councils can be very slow to pay management fees and are often in arrears. This constrains the ability of the OMC to fund necessary repairs and upkeep.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Shravs123 wrote: »

That’s the official allocation to the council as part of the Part V agreement. It doesn’t stop other housing bodies buying a couple and doesn’t stop investors buying and then renting to tenants in receipt of social payments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

Amirani wrote: »
    In my experience, councils can be very slow to pay management fees and are often in arrears. This constrains the ability of the OMC to fund necessary repairs and upkeep.

Yeah that is the main concern.

Knowing you're paying they market rate, while your next door neighbour has a free gaf isn't annoying at all.

On the plus side they're at home all day so free security.

Flipside of this is they like to stay up late.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Are these clasifed as new builds? Can you get the help to buy?

Klonker wrote: »
    Are these clasifed as new builds? Can you get the help to buy?

No these are not classified as new builds so no help to buy scheme

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

Recently lived in an apartment with a percentage of social housing tenants. One particular block was all social housing and was pretty much a hell hole. Security had to actually be introduced to keep the place from being wrecked. I'd think twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,670 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

riemann wrote: »
    Yeah that is the main concern.

Knowing you're paying they market rate, while your next door neighbour has a free gaf isn't annoying at all.

On the plus side they're at home all day so free security.

Flipside of this is they like to stay up late.

Unless they are the reason you need security

I knew someone who bought one of these originally... build quality was disgraceful...

Anyway, she was wondering why the water in the shower was running blue... plumber couldn't figure it out, he thought it was a chemical reaction to copper pipes, builder was clueless and said it would go away...

When the shower started putting out purple water she realised that she had changes the thing that makes the toilet water coloured & she had been showering in toilet water... Don't know how they managed it, but when she flushed the bog it back washed into the tank.

Theres allot wrong with this development beyond the fire issues. For that reason, I'm out! Would never buy one of those monstrosities, no one should.

Bluefoam wrote: »
    I knew someone who bought one of these originally... build quality was disgraceful...

Anyway, she was wondering why the water in the shower was running blue... plumber couldn't figure it out, he thought it was a chemical reaction to copper pipes, builder was clueless and said it would go away...

When the shower started putting out purple water she realised that she had changes the thing that makes the toilet water coloured & she had been showering in toilet water... Don't know how they managed it, but when she flushed the bog it back washed into the tank.

Theres allot wrong with this development beyond the fire issues. For that reason, I'm out! Would never buy one of those monstrosities, no one should.

I would live to see this in action.
    I’m not sure the laws of construction or fluid physics can allow this to happen at all?

The toilet is flushed from the cistern. The cistern is filled from the storage tank but the filler is not connected to the water in the cistern in any way.

I can’t see how the water from the toilet could have possible ended back up in the storage tank?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,802 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Any links to the new apartments?

kceire wrote: »
    I’m not sure the laws of construction or fluid physics can allow this to happen at all?

The toilet is flushed from the cistern. The cistern is filled from the storage tank but the filler is not connected to the water in the cistern in any way.

I can’t see how the water from the toilet could have possible ended back up in the storage tank?

That is exactly what we said...

NIMAN wrote: »
    Any links to the new apartments?

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=priory+hall+dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 13,979 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

kceire wrote: »

Its made up.

Its made up.

Genuinely not made up... Honestly it happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,979 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Your mate got a good laugh out of you. Let it go.

Your mate got a good laugh out of you. Let it go.
    I challenge you to put your money where your mouth is and move into the place... Best of luck, lol.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I challenge you to put your money where your mouth is and move into the place... Best of luck, lol.

Flushed water wouldn't be obviously blue. Shaggy dog story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭kravmaga

The total cost to the taxpayer to re-build is just shy of €55 million.

Dublin city council said the re-biuild budget was €10 million, so it coming in at over 5 times the original rebuild budget, not good value for money imo.

What percentage are going to be social housing?

I drove by the complex the other day, visually to the eye the finish looks good though.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2019/0917/1076549-priory-hall-refurbishment/

• Advertisement

kravmaga wrote: »
    The total cost to the taxpayer to re-build is just shy of €55 million.

Dublin city council said the re-biuild budget was €10 million, so it coming in at over 5 times the original rebuild budget, not good value for money imo.

I drove by the complex the other day, visually to the eye the finish looks good though.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2019/0917/1076549-priory-hall-refurbishment/

If your gona dump a post on here and then question the very post you've posted, at least read the link that you have posted......
    kravmaga wrote: »

From the article and link you posted :
    Of these, 55 are being bought by the Department of Housing for social housing

Advertisement