Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭samboy08

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Oooh secret messages
    It’s like tinder now lol

What do you want one too sweetheart? It was just about disney+ as I am trying to buy it cheaper from argentina but it won't accept the payment so at the moment I'm paying at uk rate till I can find a way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Simi

I ordered a physical curve card and it changed my card expiration date and CVC, so I'll need to update my payment details on my Turkish subscription.

Is this likely to be a problem? It's been working flawlessly so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Make sure your VPN is working correctly. Go incognito. This has served me well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,350 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

andydurnin wrote: »
    On a similar note, anyone hear of Disney+ Hotstar from India. Is it any good. Only €16.64 for a 1 years subscription. use a vpn set to India and it seems to work.

Seems you need an Indian mobile number to register, they send a otp via sms. Anyway around this, sounds like a good deal?

Kolido wrote: »
    Seems you need an Indian mobile number to register, they send a otp via sms. Anyway around this, sounds like a good deal?

Also argentina is 385 Argentine pesos a month which is equivalent to £3.36 a month, if anyone knows a way around them either that would also be a good deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭andydurnin

I use https://receive-sms-online.info/917064623629-India to get sms from India
    Just copy number enter then refresh and you txt is there

I've just noticed with the Indian premium price plan it is only FHD quality where we get 4k dolby vision over here in Europe. I'm quite picky, I have to have 4k dolby vision and dolby atmos. You won't get that if you sign up for Indian account, just be warned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭bromley52

But by using that number the guys running the service could easily hijack the account or am I wrong .

bromley52 wrote: »
    But by using that number the guys running the service could easily hijack the account or am I wrong .

I can only see 4 digit codes on there from other people. Doesn't give out any of their login details so you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Is hotstar India same as Disney plus EU?

• Advertisement

TheDriver wrote: »
    Is hotstar India same as Disney plus EU?

No they have 3 different price plans and my concern is, if you want to watch something like the mandalorian in glorious 4k dolby vision with atmos, you will only get full HD and dolby 5.1. That's my guess anyway until someone that has done it can confirm?

samboy08 wrote: »
    No they have 3 different price plans and my concern is, if you want to watch something like the mandalorian in glorious 4k dolby vision with atmos, you will only get full HD and dolby 5.1. That's my guess anyway until someone that has done it can confirm?

Would that be a deal breaker for many people though? I have watched HD and 4K on my oled tv on Netflix and honestly I didnt notice a huge difference (I'm not sure how relevant this is to Disney) I would be more concerned with the amount of English content available, got to be worth a punt at that price. Has anyone here actually subscribed?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Kolido wrote: »
    Would that be a deal breaker for many people though? I have watched HD and 4K on my oled tv on Netflix and honestly I didnt notice a huge difference (I'm not sure how relevant this is to Disney) I would be more concerned with the amount of English content available, got to be worth a punt at that price. Has anyone here actually subscribed?

4k is wonderful but look like HD a few feet away from the TV. HDR is a deal breaker for me. This enhances the quality of the picture from 20 feet away. No HDR then I wouldn't be interested

Ah I wasn't aware of the Netflix thing, that would explain my experience then.

I guess for anyone watching a lot on tablet, which I would, it should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭deadduck

deadduck wrote: »
    Fair play. I couldn’t figure it out, and with the kids nagging me, I just bit the bullet and re-subscribed on the Irish site. The only thing I can think is different is I was using Windscribe VPN on iOS, i see a good few mentions of Hola and obviously Umlimited worked for you too. I’ll give it another go after Christmas and see how I go with one of them.

Just to update, managed to get this to work today. Like plenty of posters on here have said, just sign up for a month on IRL Netflix, then cancel immediately, and after the month is up, get on Turkey Netflix and restart membership. I was trying to alter payment type, and that’s what was messing things up, it will fail if you do that. Once you’ve a payment type approved on IRL Netflix, it will use that to restart the membership under Turkish Netflix

Thanks to all the posters on here for helping out previously, I got there in the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,897 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

samboy08 wrote: »
    I can only see 4 digit codes on there from other people. Doesn't give out any of their login details so you should be fine.

Sorry for taking the thread off topic but how did you manage to set up an account with email and password? It seems to tie it to the phone number when I try to do it, which is shared with everyone else using the number.

Sorry for taking the thread off topic but how did you manage to set up an account with email and password? It seems to tie it to the phone number when I try to do it, which is shared with everyone else using the number.

I didn't do it, you would have to ask that Andy fella how he got on, I'm dubious about doing it because I need confirmation from someone that has already done it if you still get the same content in your home country and 4k dolby vision as that is important to me, on the Indian website the top tier is only FHD.
    Sorry I can't help, you would have to take the plunge and find out for yourself. I don't think you would have any issues with the security of your account though as I pay for disney plus and never get text messages from them so I think it is just for the 4 digit code for signup which doesn't give out any account details.

And I don't think you start a new account, just do it on your existing when you renew?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

jdon72 wrote: »
    What VPNs would you recommend using to swap to Turkey? I've tried twice over the last 2 months to sign up to the Turkey one but can't. I've tried Hola VPN and Nord VPN. Also does it make a difference what browser you use or is the VPN is an extension / application?

Currently trying with Windscribe. Still getting the same error "There was an error processing your payment information. Please check that all fields are filled out correctly and try again." It's also asking me to verify a Turkish phone number

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭wiz569

Currently trying with Windscribe. Still getting the same error "There was an error processing your payment information. Please check that all fields are filled out correctly and try again." It's also asking me to verify a Turkish phone number

Did you do the following?
    You need to sign up to a plan from Ireland for a month, you may be able to get a free trial for this, cancel plan before month is up, during the Irish signup make sure to add a mobile number as well as your chosen payment method,an Irish debit or credit card seems to be the best for that but Curve and to a lesser extent Revolut sometimes work.

When the plan expires just use a VPN to sign into your existing netflix account from Turkey and you will then get the option to restart your original plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

wiz569 wrote: »
    Did you do the following?

I had an Irish account, but I don't think I had linked my phone number to it. Will I have to get a month of Irish netflix first then?

Edit: when I go into account settings on my cancelled netflix, it lets me put in an Irish number but I'm not getting a verification text

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭wiz569

I had an Irish account, but I don't think I had linked my phone number to it. Will I have to get a month of Irish netflix first then?

Edit: when I go into account settings on my cancelled netflix, it lets me put in an Irish number but I'm not getting a verification text

Don't think you need a verification text when adding number to Irish account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭ciano1

My PTSB card I'd been using on my Turkish account just expired so Netflix is asking for an updated payment method. Which method is currently working for anybody who's done this in the past few days?

Is Turkey still the best or are people having better luck with Argentina these days? I also have revolut and curve if that helps.

Thanks ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 3,982 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

ciano1 wrote: »
    ...or are people having better luck with Argentina these days?

FYI - The Argentinian govt lashed on a sizeable tax a few months ago. My most recent payment (for the 4 screen option) converted to €7.18

ciano1 wrote: »
    My PTSB card I'd been using on my Turkish account just expired so Netflix is asking for an updated payment method. Which method is currently working for anybody who's done this in the past few days?

Is Turkey still the best or are people having better luck with Argentina these days? I also have revolut and curve if that helps.

Thanks ðŸ˜

I used N26 (MasterCard Debit) and it worked fine. I suspect any card would work ok though, as long as you sign up to IRL Netflix for a month, and then switch over to TKY Netflix

FYI - The Argentinian govt lashed on a sizeable tax a few months ago. My most recent payment (for the 4 screen option) converted to €7.18

Yeah, I’d read on here that ARG was gone expensive, so I went with TKY. 4 screen pack converted to €4.66

• Registered Users Posts: 8,842 ✭✭✭Soarer

Any family memberships free?

Looking for a space.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭kaerobe

Got it to work, as above. Messed up the first month.
    I tired renewing on my laptop with Keepsolid VPN, had cleared my cookies but prices came up in Euro.
    Tried on my iPhone using Safari and VPN and worked perfectly.
    Massive saving. Thanks OP.

Thanks to BA I have
    • Netflix UHD for approx. 4-5 euro a month
    • HULU basic for 1.75
    • HBOMAX for approx 14

Around 20 euro for the lot PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,610 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

• Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭corks finest

kaerobe wrote: »
    Got it to work, as above. Messed up the first month.
    I tired renewing on my laptop with Keepsolid VPN, had cleared my cookies but prices came up in Euro.
    Tried on my iPhone using Safari and VPN and worked perfectly.
    Massive saving. Thanks OP.

Thanks to BA I have
    • Netflix UHD for approx. 4-5 euro a month
    • HULU basic for 1.75
    • HBOMAX for approx 14

Around 20 euro for the lot PM.

Here in Mexico alls fine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭frash

I'm up & running on Turkish Netflix and just wondering if anyone here has had any luck with Turkish Playstation?
    I've tried Revolut & Curve but no joy.

I asked this in the Playstaion forum but it's against the rules there

Advertisement