Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,580 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Pat, my PM's seem to be all over the place for some reason. Yes, still want 50ml Creed Viking either posted with my present order or send later on its own. Cheers Kat1170

• Registered Users Posts: 9,521 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Good for both!

Creed Viking - last 50ml slot available!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Relikk

Creed Viking - last 50ml slot available!

I'll take that if it's still available please, Pat.

Relikk wrote: »
    I'll take that if it's still available please, Pat.

Would you believe I literally just sent someone a payment request after receiving a PM requesting it! Sorry Relikk. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Relikk

Would you believe I literally just sent someone a payment request after receiving a PM requesting it! Sorry Relikk. :(

Not a bother. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

AmberGold wrote: »
    Any Ladies Aventus Pat?

I have a bottle here 75ml I got in BT and the missus didn't like it. Only one spray out of it. Paid 280eur :rolleyes: Just bottle no box. If you want it cheap send us a PM. I'll Delete this pat if inappropriate, sorry just laying there going to waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭AmberGold

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    I have a bottle here 75ml I got in BT and the missus didn't like it. Only one spray out of it. Paid 280eur :rolleyes: Just bottle no box. If you want it cheap send us a PM. I'll Delete this pat if inappropriate, sorry just laying there going to waste.

Just sent you an IM..

Is Aventus creed in 50ml still available? The regular not the Viking?

brenbrady wrote: »
    Is Aventus creed in 50ml still available? The regular not the Viking?

Yeah, no problem. Will PM you.

• Advertisement

Just to keep people in the loop, there may be delays on some stuff. Creed flacons usually come from France via Colissimo, the French postal service courier arm. Until recently these have been handled here by DPD and all was good. In the last few months the handling in Ireland changed to An Post and recently they've been a disaster. The last few weeks the service has gone to absolute ****! I don't know what the **** An Post are playing at but packages are leaving France after a couple of days as normal but are not being "received" in Ireland until a week or so later recently (it would normally be two days or so). My suspicion is An Post are keeping them 'in the corner' for a while before scanning them in - a practice I've previously caught them doing with parcels from Germany.

For Creed at the moment I'm currently waiting for:

250ml Viking (first additional flacon) - shipped 19/11, left France 21/11, disappeared into the ****ing ether since then.
    500ml Aventus - shipped 26/11, left France 27/11, no sign of it since then.
    250ml Viking - shipped 28/11, left France 2/12 (not worried about this one........yet).

Another parcel of Spring goodies left Germany 28/11 and hasn't shown up here yet.

I'm honestly pretty worried about that first Viking - it's been nearly two weeks since it left France which is a huge gap. If it doesn't show up tonight I'll be lodging a claim with the supplier. The Aventus is looking dodgy too but I guess since An Post have it stashed away (or whatever they're up to) for 'only' six days it may show up yet.

Aventus requests: no need to worry. I've just ordered a flacon from another source - they charge more, but send it 48 hour courier so I should have that by the end of the week. That will cover the last several orders and there's a few slots left. If the other one shows up, it'll move at some stage no doubt.

Viking requests: bit more awkward as flying another 500ml in is likely to leave me stuck with more than I need if the two 250s show up or if that supplier replaces rather than refunds. If one shows up I guess I'll give splits to the first five names on the list and refund the later five. If neither show up, refunds all round most likely. I'll email Viking folks when I know more / have confirmed what I'm doing.

And if anyone in An Post has an inside track on what they're playing at, feel free to PM me......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,842 ✭✭✭Soarer

Someone mentioned somewhere else that An Post are prioritizing Amazon packages as they have an estimated delivery date once dispatched, and An Post don’t want to lose the contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Soarer wrote: »
    Someone mentioned somewhere else that An Post are prioritizing Amazon packages as they have an estimated delivery date once dispatched, and An Post don’t want to lose the contract.

That would make sense, they were a disaster for Amazon packages this time last year. And in fact I have had a few Amazon parcels arrive before their due date in the last few days....something that never happens usually! I also see some Amazon parcels are coming by DPD.

Soarer wrote: »

Mine have estimated delivery dates too - last bloody week for that first Viking!

Still no sign of that Viking or Aventus......which kinda gives me hope in some way. I mean, they'd hardly lose two parcels in a row....right? Gonna be a **** storm with the supplier - those two packages are over a grand's worth between them. Plus they had to replace a 500ml of Virgin Island Water for me this year that got broken enroute....

edit: German packag has appeared in Portlaoise (the one which left Germany a week after the Viking left France....).

Apparently this is the list of top 10 expected male fragrance sales in the UK OCt - Dec:

1. Dior Sauvage £34.5m, 554,400 bottles
    2. Paco Rabanne 1 Million £12.5m, 261,400 bottles
    3. Chanel Bleu de Chanel £11.6m, 180,300 bottles
    4. Creed Aventus £10.25m, 48,400 bottles
    5. Hugo Boss Hugo Boss £8.25m, 190,200 bottles
    6. Paco Rabanne Invictus £5.42m, 108,700 bottles
    7. Diesel Only The Brave £5.3m, 145,100 bottles
    8. JPG Le Male £5.16m, 112,400 bottles
    9. Issey Miyake L’Eau d’Issey Homme £4.38m, 113,600 bottles
    10. Dolce & Gabbana K £4.2m, 76,000 bottles

What's that at number 4? Nearly 50,000 bottles of Aventus in three months - bloody hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Martin maloney

Hi Pat,
    The enigma, bvlgari and jo malone arrived yesterday, excellently packaged as always. Thanks. Wearing Enigma today, christ tis powerful stuff! Im walking around like Ron Burgundy in work today. #sexpanther. The wife loves the jo malone also and sends her thanks.
    Will be in touch regarding the oud wood and the noir anthracite again in the next few weeks.
    Many thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Soulsun

Pat, would you have enigma and jo malone available?

Will be down south for collection over xmas

Soulsun wrote: »
    Pat, would you have enigma and jo malone available?

Will be down south for collection over xmas

Jo Malone all out I'm afraid. Enigma: all I have currently is an official 7.5ml glass atomiser, boxed @ €33. RRP ~€46.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Testament1

Apparently this is the list of top 10 expected male fragrance sales in the UK OCt - Dec:

1. Dior Sauvage £34.5m, 554,400 bottles
    2. Paco Rabanne 1 Million £12.5m, 261,400 bottles
    3. Chanel Bleu de Chanel £11.6m, 180,300 bottles
    4. Creed Aventus £10.25m, 48,400 bottles
    5. Hugo Boss Hugo Boss £8.25m, 190,200 bottles
    6. Paco Rabanne Invictus £5.42m, 108,700 bottles
    7. Diesel Only The Brave £5.3m, 145,100 bottles
    8. JPG Le Male £5.16m, 112,400 bottles
    9. Issey Miyake L’Eau d’Issey Homme £4.38m, 113,600 bottles
    10. Dolce & Gabbana K £4.2m, 76,000 bottles

What's that at number 4? Nearly 50,000 bottles of Aventus in three months - bloody hell!

I'd say you must account for a sizeable portion of Aventus sales by this stage!

Is that Diesel one the bottle in the shape of a fist? Have a couple of them that I've been gifted the last couple years, nice scent but doesn't last píssing time!

Testament1 wrote: »
    I'd say you must account for a sizeable portion of Aventus sales by this stage!
    If my stuff was included the total value would be well down!

Having said that I was told by a source how much Aventus BT sell. Won't mention it here as it may be confidential data but I was well surprised it was so many bottles.
    Is that Diesel one the bottle in the shape of a fist? Have a couple of them that I've been gifted the last couple years, nice scent but doesn't last píssing time!
    Think that's the one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

Hey Pat, any plans to get BR 540 in?

jim o doom wrote: »
    Hey Pat, any plans to get BR 540 in?

I've actually got 10ml of the potent extrait version available (at a saucy price of €41 for 10ml, but that's actually good value TBH given it's €300 for 70ml!). I'll likely be getting the more common EdP back in at some stage I would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

Pat, I'd actually like to add that 10ml to my Viking order if that's possible?

The extrait version.. super fancy!

If you told me when I was 20 that I'd be spending my money on fancy scents and whiskeys.. I'd literally have laughed in your face. Getting older is weird.

jim o doom wrote: »
    Pat, I'd actually like to add that 10ml to my Viking order if that's possible?

If you told me when I was 20 that I'd be spending my money on fancy scents and whiskeys.. I'd literally have laughed in your face. Getting older is weird.
    Join the club! Always been into the scents to a certain extent alright, but gone mad on the whiskey recently too. Just got a couple of Laphroaig 10 (my fave) delivered - I like my whiskey as smoky as my fragrances!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Package just arrived.

Thanks again, Pat

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    Package just arrived.

Thanks again, Pat

Cheers, some nice big boxes of stuff being delivered today! (I hope anyway).

Putting the finishing touches to stuff for new year at the moment. Will be doing the first in a series of 'greatest hits' 10ml packs - it'll have some of my personal favourites that quickly passed through here and people may well have missed - some real belters in there.

An Post ****ing up Viking and Aventus deliveries: the Aventus arrived today (sure, no problem you guys holding onto it for a week!). Whether it's in one piece or not I'll find out when I get home! If it is, it means I have an extra flacon of Aventus - it'll be the last one before Christmas barring a massive rush of requests (besides this flacon, I currently only have one 50ml bottle available). First Viking flacon: nah, no sign - two weeks it's been missing now, safe to say it's gone...... I got on to the supplier yesterday and they thought I was on about the second Viking flacon - fecking Frenchies! Once I confirm re Aventus arriving intact I'll be on to them again and will update Viking buyers.

Just realised today that I've been spelling and pronouncing the brand Penhaligon's wrong the whole time - I thought it was Penhaglion's.......fecking eejit! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Package arrived safe and sound.

Well packaged as usual.

Looking forward to an excuse to wear my Tom Ford now.

Cheers Pat.

PaulT21 wrote: »
    Package arrived safe and sound.

Well packaged as usual.

Looking forward to an excuse to wear my Tom Ford now.

Cheers Pat.

No excuse needed!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭adox

My package arrived in work safe and sound today. First time ordering. Fought with the box to get it open it was that well packaged.

First time Aventus purchase so looking forward to wearing it.

Thanks for the excellent communication and service Padraig. Look forward to doing business again in the future.

• Advertisement

adox wrote: »
    My package arrived in work safe and sound today. First time ordering. Fought with the box to get it open it was that well packaged.

First time Aventus purchase so looking forward to wearing it.

Thanks for the excellent communication and service Padraig. Look forward to doing business again in the future.

Great stuff, enjoy!

Advertisement