Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[Cancelled] Electric Picnic 2020 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

fafy wrote: »
    Not seeing the actual dates being confirmed here.

On the 2019 thread, a poster said the day after EP, is always the first Monday in September, which would make it starting on Friday September 4th

that should be correct.
    it was 4th-6th in 2015:

CEPMVXVWAAASpxa.jpg-large.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,302 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Ah dive in. Regret's a terrible thing. In my experience, the thing gets better with age. Crowds zero issue for me this year, fine once you're not camped at main stage and why would you do that with so many wonderful little spots around the site? Do it!

I'll second that. Only issues with crowds are for busy acts near the main stage, and really only affects you in you go up front. The site is now spread out enough to cope with an increase. Relatively quick queues for food, drink and toilets. And if the crowds bother you then Trenchtown, the Body & Soul, Mindfield, Salty Dog, Providencia & 3 Music stage are all relatively quiet, most with places to sit & chill with decent coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭thebusher

Hiya!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,302 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

When's the second announcement Scruff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

fafy wrote: »
    Not seeing the actual dates being confirmed here.

On the 2019 thread, a poster said the day after EP, is always the first Monday in September, which would make it starting on Friday September 4th

On a different Instagram post within the last hour, they said its the 4th to 6th, 2020.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭riddles

Does anyone know what the discount for 1/2 years attendance is?

Also is there a % of the overall tickets only which can be purchased through the loyalty discount?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭fafy

riddles wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the discount for 1/2 years attendance is?

Also is there a % of the overall tickets only which can be purchased through the loyalty discount?

Don’t know first part, i don’t think they reveal the quantity of tickets discounted, but open to correction on that, but its about €30 ish discount, and about double that for 3 or more picnics

Yes, it is limited, first come first served, so, just because you get a code, does not guarantee you a discounted ticket, they go quick enough!

Updating this for EP 2019 first ticket release:
    I am excluding the TM service fees for these prices

No Previous Picnics: €205
    1 to 2 Picnics : €185
    3 or more Picnics: €165

However,
    they increase the prices for the later releases of tickets, this year i paid €250, as i was late booking, (early December 2018)as i couldn’t decide at the time, they released the first batch.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭thebusher

Given the dates its looking like we wo n't be there next year as hopefully my daughter will be starting college in Sligo on the Monday so need to get her up there that weekend.

Getting my lad to Limerick on Sunday nearly killed me! Will probably still buy tickets and see what pans out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Pesky kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Allright i’ll get the ball rolling:

APHEX TWIN FOR EP 2020!!!!

Now to hide in the bunker for the next few weeks!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭teachinggal123

Ok stupid noob question but anyway ...

... what would be the best tickets for a family of 2 adults and a 10 year old for one day? Can you choose the day? How much total cost roughly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭riddles

Ok stupid noob question but anyway ...

... what would be the best tickets for a family of 2 adults and a 10 year old for one day? Can you choose the day? How much total cost roughly?
    95€ per adult I think and Sunday’s only for one day tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭teachinggal123

riddles wrote: »
    95€ per adult I think and Sunday’s only for one day tickets.

And these tickets are on sale this Saturday from 10am?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Are they showing the match..?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

And these tickets are on sale this Saturday from 10am?

Please read post #1. I’ve updated it for Sunday tickets, these are released around the time of the main announcement so not till March 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭hope80

Thinking of trying to get a campervan ticket for next year, whats that area like to stay in?

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Kepler21 wrote: »
    You did register this year for the loyalty scheme, didn't you? There is no automatic sending out of codes this year unless you register before Wednesday 4th Sept. Hopefully they will get it right.

They also seem to be not accepting photo evidence of previous picnics (for online discount), so its either what your account has a record of, or turn up at a kiosk with your wristband evidence.

I have 7 wristbands, but only one online purchase, and my niece is getting married on Friday, so I'm not likely to get near a kiosk in time on Saturday, so I'll have to make do with the single picnic discount.:(
    Yeah I did fill in the form, but I have little faith in their ability to send me a code wihtout me haivng to go to a lot of effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Anyone know if there's a specific ticketmaster email related to picnic loyalty?

I know there was in previous years but can't find one this time round

Snarky Snark Snark

Anyone know if there's a specific ticketmaster email related to picnic loyalty?

I know there was in previous years but can't find one this time round

See the top of post #1 please!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭sadie9

Anyone know can I bring my email with Loyalty Code to a Ticketmaster outlet? I made 3 Ticketmaster purchases but only have 2 physical bands?
    Last year got Loyalty Code but in spite of trying to buy tickets on the internet with two laptops and a phone, I could not get any tickets before they were sold out.

• Advertisement

See the top of post #1 please!!!

Yes, I don't see any email addresses?

I know about the sign up link, this is a different matter.

Snarky Snark Snark

Yes, I don't see any email addresses?

I know about the sign up link, this is a different matter.

contact ticketmaster

contact ticketmaster

I know that. I was asking if anyone had been in contact with ticketmaster on the subject of loyalty and if there was a specific contact email for loyalty queries as there has been previously

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

I know that. I was asking if anyone had been in contact with ticketmaster on the subject of loyalty and if there was a specific contact email for loyalty queries as there has been previously

enquiries@festivalrepublic.com

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/promo/f4l96k

That was from last year, no harm seeing if it still works

Snarky Snark Snark

unlikely for anyone as if people didn't get the e-mail then the website had the self registration for the frequent flyers.

I have no doubt that come saturday, there will be screaming and wailing for a contact point with people not getting codes.

enquiries@festivalrepublic.com

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/promo/f4l96k

That was from last year, no harm seeing if it still works

Brilliant ill give it a go, much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I just don't know if I can do it! Despite living vicariously through you all for the whole weekend (and last year also but I was off Boards at the time) I don't know whether I'd be able for the crowds.

I did 6 in a row and I miss it! There's nothing like the buzz of a festival and I'm a music nut! Buuuuutttttt....oh I don't know! I'm very tempted but a little scared to jump back on board.

Mrs Pablo hasn't been since 2015 and said never again (crowds, size, young girls being assholes). She has been going to B&S and ATN since. I talked her into coming this year to EP and she said on our way home Sunday night "Way better than the last few times I was here. Back on my yearly list!"

Snarky Snark Snark

... she said on our way home Sunday night "Way better than the last few times I was here. Back on my yearly list!"

Dwhzui1WkAEtSF_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Dwhzui1WkAEtSF_.jpg

lol ... she's a great festival partner. She basically has no list, just trusts me and goes along with my entire plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭fafy

If you don’t have a Loyalty Code, can tou stilk buy tickets on Saturday, at the higher prices ?

Of is the Saturday sale restricted to Loyalty Codes only ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement