Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'trampoline wars' FG Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

sullivlo wrote: »
    I didn't either. It had to be explained to me.

One of my friends was convinced it was him. I hadn't a clue. He was down the back of the church and I was sent to see if I could figure it out.

I came back and said:
    "Nah, that can't be him, they're calling him Stephen"

Nice guy.

O he is the wrestler dude ahhhhhhhhhh

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Tigger wrote: »
    tiny country
    i'm a applied chemist so i'd not be surprised

My 6 degrees of separation to him has no science parts. He was in college with my friends husband, but I know her from when I lived in Cork. She came up to Dublin for a weekend, we went to a rugby match, got talking to a man there, 2 years later they're married. And HE is Shamus's friend, and it was at their wedding that I met him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Im actually a bit of a technology dunce so I wouldnt even know how tbh.

What do you think I look like?

195rao99gxcgcjpg.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Why are Mick and Tigger allowed to post in this thread - they're dirty vampires, not vanilagers??

:p

• Advertisement

quickbeam wrote: »
    Why are Mick and Tigger allowed to post in this thread - they're dirty vampires, not vanilagers??

I was A villager 2 :D

O QB a book you might be interested in is finding your element, I havent read it my sister said it was great mind. Just over something you mentioned in Tiggers thread in the other place.

cos were mostly harmless

yeah read allthe books and you'klll end up like me (pro tip: don't)

O QB a book you might be interested in is finding your element, I havent read it my sister said it was great mind. Just over something you mentioned in Tiggers thread in the other place.

Thanks Mick. Will see if I can track it down.

i'm gonna go but i'm thinking of designing a game
    what type? i think i'd like to doyust two terams but we are quite advanced now so would that be boring

• Advertisement

but of course there would be a twist

I've heard of that book. I'll put it on my list. I have (I think) 35 unread books on my kindle and 6 real books on my bedside table that I need to read before I can buy more books though. I employ a strict regime of "one real, one fake", whereby a real one can be science, autobiography, history... anything really once it's factual. And then a fake one like rom com or thriller or well anything except for science fiction or fantasy because I don't understand them.

Except Harry Potter. Love a bitta Harry.

what type? i think i'd like to doyust two terams but we are quite advanced now so would that be boring

Two teams can be good aswell IMO. Although I love reading all the behind the scenes chat after.

Discworld? love them books

That was a question I asked in the DR, but nobody really answered me* - how complex was WWIV in the scheme of things? A lot of us never played before Boards, so obviously it was the most complex yet, but compared with how complex it can get, was it still comparatively easy.

* Molly did answer, but only in relation to live games, rather than forum-based ones.

Two teams can be interesting if you have twists and roles. The shapeshifter role was great I found.

I do the same Sully, except I've hundreds on my to-read list (kept on GoodReads) and about 20 physically at home waiting to be read. Then there's a whole library of books near me too, so I borrow from there too. Too many books, too little time. I alternate between heavy (eg, The Idiot which I read this year) to light (eg, Lee Child's Jack Reacher books) and get about one non-fiction in for every 3-4 fiction. Love sci-fi and fantasy though. I'd read anything except chick-lit.

Two teams can be interesting if you have twists and roles. The shapeshifter role was great I found.

not bwing all me me me but if id played it tighter and the ss had shiftedevry round it would have gone mad

I do the same Sully, except I've hundreds on my to-read list (kept on GoodReads) and about 20 physically at home waiting to be read. Then there's a whole library of books near me too, so I borrow from there too. Too many books, too little time. I alternate between heavy (eg, The Idiot which I read this year) to light (eg, Lee Child's Jack Reacher books) and get about one non-fiction in for every 3-4 fiction. Love sci-fi and fantasy though. I'd read anything except chick-lit.

reacher is awesome pulp
    he however is 6'4" an the movies make me sad

I've heard of that book. I'll put it on my list. I have (I think) 35 unread books on my kindle and 6 real books on my bedside table that I need to read before I can buy more books though. I employ a strict regime of "one real, one fake", whereby a real one can be science, autobiography, history... anything really once it's factual. And then a fake one like rom com or thriller or well anything except for science fiction or fantasy because I don't understand them.

Except Harry Potter. Love a bitta Harry.

Ive more unread books now then read I find it hard to read these days but find it very easy to buy them already have 3 on the list since we started talking about them
    That was a question I asked in the DR, but nobody really answered me* - how complex was WWIV in the scheme of things? A lot of us never played before Boards, so obviously it was the most complex yet, but compared with how complex it can get, was it still comparatively easy.

* Molly did answer, but only in relation to live games, rather than forum-based ones.

I'm guessing but Id say this was pretty complicated, Im still not sure id be able to explain it top someone

What movies? There are no Jack Reacher movies. Just like there are only three Indiana Jones movies. I defy somebody to tell me different!

• Advertisement

ok night guys

TTFN

As a staff member of tcd I have borrowing rights in the library. I'm gonna miss that place when I get a real job :pac: Because of the arts department they have lots of regular non-academic books, and as it's a deposit library they're sent a copy of every book published in GB&I every year. They don't keep them all on campus - most go to storage. But it's a really great facility.

I just don't understand science fiction. I know that makes me an odd scientist.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I must read the Deer Hunter. I can do that shít on auto pilot.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

crosstownk wrote: »
    I must read the Deer Hunter. I can do that shít on auto pilot.

it's best to do it that way or ye'll end up with piles

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

it's best to do it that way or ye'll end up with piles

Piles of venison and a deer car repair.

DOH (doe).

Poxy office jokes. All day.

the blind fold tigger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I'm on the telly tonight :)

I'm going to call this:

Trigbait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Was there photos put up? I can't find a thread??

Was there photos put up? I can't find a thread??

Secret photos :)

Ah no. Yeah, photos went up but people took them back down I think. Well I deleted mine as I was far too drunk in it and that wasn't needed in the public domain. I only posted it to show that me and Tigs might have mutual friends IRL!

• Advertisement

How you getting on with TWD, MrsF?

Advertisement