Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did anyone see this UFO last Friday

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Did I also see aliens?

The truth is out there !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,350 ✭✭✭corner of hells

This UFO was spotted Friday morning: https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/close-encounter-with-ufo-off-irish-coast-leaves-pilots-wondering-884774.html

l was driving home at about 9.15-ish (PM) in pitch black in the middle of nowhere (near Granard, Longford), and I spot this light moving slowly, like a plane in the distance. I then catch it stopping, reversing direction and flying off faster than a concorde. Did I also see aliens?

Granard is in Longford , that in itself is the explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Hmm frightening, I would take pilots and ATC reports on this seriously ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

A lad rang into Today FM this morning to say he saw it in Roscommon.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Commanchie

Really aliens?

• Advertisement

Im not saying it was Aliens ... but it was Aliens ...

but seriously, I wonder could it have been next gen military testing, I mean let's be honest, It wasn't f*cking aliens!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 RiseitekiMind

It was a Russian Troll in full flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,350 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Longford , Roscommon , surely Leitrim next or Cavan , yeah definitely Cavan.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Interstellar travellers. Casey's going to go mad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Odelay

Did someone tell him it was a motor car?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,938 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Longford , Roscommon , surely Leitrim next or Cavan , yeah definitely Cavan.

Wtf is a "Leitrim"?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,575 ✭✭✭✭josip

Pics or gtfo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

I'd say something like either natural phenomena like meteors entering the atmosphere at an odd angle, or space debris from something unannounced like a failed Chinese satellite or some old abandoned space junk falling to earth could explain it.

I'd say if it were something like a Russian missile troll/test or something serious, it would have been picked up by ground radar here or definitely by UK military radar and other systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Space junk reentering?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

More immigrants!!

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

They dont even pay road tax

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

vicwatson wrote: »

"The BA pilot, flying from Montreal to Heathrow, describes how the UFO came up along the left-hand side of the aircraft, “then rapidly veered to the north”."

I have never known a meteor to do this. If the pilot is genuinely reporting what she saw occurring then it was no meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,441 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Considering the Alien thing it’s possible or more “not impossible”. Remember the object that passed through the solar system earlier in the year has been classified as possibly and alien spacecraft.

The thing that pisses me off is if that is true it seems we’re the backward low level species that the aliens with the cool tech are coming to look at like some sort of anthropological freak show, while they whizz round the galaxy with their FTL drives and death rays, meanwhile we have Donald Trump amd I have to work 39 hours a week at a pointless job :(

• Advertisement

_Brian wrote: »
    Considering the Alien thing it’s possible or more “not impossible”. Remember the object that passed through the solar system earlier in the year has been classified as possibly and alien spacecraft.

Wasn't that a Vulcan starship on a survey mission? They observed Planet Earth and decided we were too primitive to be of interest to them. They are due back in 2063 at which time we may have invented warp drive spaceflight and there may be some sort of contact at that point.;)

_Brian wrote: »

The thing that pisses me off is if that is true it seems we’re the backward low level species that the aliens with the cool tech are coming to look at like some sort of anthropological freak show, while they whizz round the galaxy with their FTL drives and death rays, meanwhile we have Donald Trump amd I have to work 39 hours a week at a pointless job :(

Possibly an alien spacecraft ? - based on pure conjecture, really like saying there could "possibly be an intelligent race in the alpha centauri star system".

It's based on nothing.

https://twitter.com/AntonioParis/status/1059790821531246593

"The BA pilot, flying from Montreal to Heathrow, describes how the UFO came up along the left-hand side of the aircraft, “then rapidly veered to the north”."

I have never known a meteor to do this. If the pilot is genuinely reporting what she saw occurring then it was no meteor.

Could have been light refraction, it wasn't fuppin aliens anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

MarkR wrote: »
    Interstellar travellers. Casey's going to go mad.

At least they are traveling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

vicwatson wrote: »

Could have been light refraction, it wasn't fuppin aliens anyway

Why not?

(Not saying it was or that I believe it was, but I'd love to know why you're so sure it wasn't)

wexie wrote: »
    Why not?

(Not saying it was or that I believe it was, but I'd love to know why you're so sure it wasn't)

Oh jesus some conspiracy theorists have made it across the void to AH

wexie wrote: »
    Why not?

Occams razor really.

The likelihood of it being something like meteors, high end military testing etc is far far far far far higher then it being Aliens.

Look at the unimaginable distances involved to the closest star systems... why would they be arsed buzzing around our skies showing little hints of their existence ?
    If they could fly all that distance their tech. is vastly superior to ours and wouldn't be caught out by our ATC.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,721 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/audio-close-encounter-with-ufo-off-irish-coast-leaves-pilots-wondering-884774.html
    At approximately 6.47am on November 9, the pilot of a British Airways flight, call sign Speedbird94, contacted Shannon Air Traffic Control (ATC) to ask if there were military exercises taking place in the airspace through which her Boeing 787 was passing.

There were no military exercises underway.

Shannon ATC replied: “There is nothing showing on either primary or secondary [radar].”

The pilot responded: “OK. It was moving so fast.”

The controller then asked: “Alongside you?”

The BA pilot, flying from Montreal to Heathrow, describes how the UFO came up along the left-hand side of the aircraft, “then rapidly veered to the north”.

She said it was “a very bright light” that “disappeared at very high speed”.

So it headed north to Longford and Roscommon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,650 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Occams razor really.

The likelihood of it being something like meteors, high end military testing etc is far far far far far higher then it being Aliens.

Look at the unimaginable distances involved to the closest star systems... why would they be arsed buzzing around our skies showing little hints of their existence ?
    If they could fly all that distance their tech. is vastly superior to ours and wouldn't be caught out by our ATC.

Occams razor is a likelyhood - ie the solution with the least amount of assumptions MAY prove to be correct. Its not an absolute

• Advertisement

Occams razor really.

If it was high end military testing whose military and why were they in Irish airspace? (I think we can rule out the Irish military unless they have developed some top secret new technology.):rolleyes:

Advertisement