Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Virgin Media Television thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭iseegirls

lertsnim wrote: »
    I saw an ad for those games on TV3 today.

As for Niall Quinn, I thought he was awful when he was with Sky.

Are these the CL games?
    I did notice the graphic on the twitter page for TV3Sport alright. Just can't understand the zero promotion, nothing on TV3s online guide, nothing on the Virgin media box guide/planner. Even tvguide.co.uk which is pretty accurate and up to date doesn't have them on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭lertsnim

TV3 have tweeted that both games will be shown on Be3

iseegirls wrote: »
    Are these the CL games?

CL qualifiers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

https://www.warnermediagroup.com/newsroom/press-releases/2018/07/31/br-live-to-provide-direct-access-to-more-than-340-live-uefa

Fox Sports have lost the Usa rights to the Champions League/Europa League and Turner Sports/Tnt have the rights.

It works out at €67 for the Season Pass and I know Soccer isnt the most watched sport over there but nobody is going to pay €20 a month for the Virgin App when they could do something similar by offering a season pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Ireland/Weekend AM have a new set.... :/

0_VMT-Weekend-Am-11JPG.jpg

1_VMT-Ireland-Am-21JPG.jpg

VMT-Ireland-Am-5-768x570.jpg

VMT-Weekend-Am-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Elmo wrote: »

VMT-Weekend-Am-1.jpg

Dear merciful god...

• Advertisement

Elmo wrote: »

VMT-Weekend-Am-1.jpg

Wow. What a hideous looking set.

Yes, lets stop quoting it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,141 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Happy thread renaming day!

Just flicked on to take a peek, the dogs are huge on all 3 channels. Picture quality on VM3 is terrible too on Sky. So somethings never change I guess...

dulpit wrote: »
    Happy thread renaming day!

Just flicked on to take a peek, the dogs are huge on all 3 channels. Picture quality on VM3 is terrible too on Sky. So somethings never change I guess...

Wow those DOGs/Bugs are massive!!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

They’re bigger, but no BT Sport ESPN HD Live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

The grey, mottled concrete wall look on the front of the newsdesk . . . :eek:

The size of the new DOG’s are ridiculous..

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭kazoo106

Managed to see it before Clermont Carn went off air - they probably need to be that size in order to make them out on Saorview due to the crap resolution !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Clermont Carn off air here too. Any word how long it will be off for?

I think what makes the DOG on VM1 so bad is that it is so opaque. The VM2 one is much more transparent.

Still irks me that we have DOGs on screen the whole time anyway, would be better if they disappeared shortly after show starts (I think Sky Atlantic does this?)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭JDxtra

The whole branding is way off. Either they did not listen to expert advice, or ignored it. Shoehorning the Virgin Media logo into the logo for the TV channels is ridiculous. Then actually plastering the whole thing on screen permanently is even more ridiculous. But hey, we're not dealing with broadcast professionals here so no surprise.

The TV3 DOG was fine and now there's these gawdy looking things. I'm not surprised though. Some genius probably thought bigger to promote the brand. Well done :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

Wow that DOG is awful. I don't think I'll be able to watch TV3 anymore with that.

I mean we all watch TV on digital platforms, it's not like we don't know what channel we are watching! It's on the EPG now and next banner.

The One and Three logos are particularly awful.

The brand is a terrible mouthful too "Virgin Media One" doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.

Even Virgin One would be better but I think they only have TM on "Virgin Media".

Also if Liberty does one of its very frequent rebrands as Zigglywiggly or something, the whole TV3 rebrand will have to be done again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,096 ✭✭✭pad199207

The Irish don’t like change. I don’t think they are going to take to this one either.

Look at the demise of UTV Ireland. Although that was a separate channel altogether, VM have the benefit of hanging on to all the rights and all of TV3 content.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

One of my older relatives was saying that her TV3 wasn't working and some English channel was on instead and asking if I could retune her TV.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

JDxtra wrote: »
    Shoehorning the Virgin Media logo into the logo for the TV channels is ridiculous.

That is the whole point of the rebrand, to cross promote the Virgin Media cable TV/Broadband service.

Talking of which, I’ve renamed the thread to reflect the new branding. That’s not a license to bring up issues with the cable TV service here - they stay in the cable forum.

You would wonder what is the actual point of having 3 entertainment channels under the one broadcaster when they don't have distinct differences in each.. they all just blend in together to become mediocre.

irishfeen wrote: »
    You would wonder what is the actual point of having 3 entertainment channels under the one broadcaster when they don't have distinct differences in each.. they all just blend in together to become mediocre.

True. As much as ITV is a pile of manure, they have done a very good job of having clear distinctions between ITV1, 2, 3 and 4. Not so here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭micks_address

The onscreen logo is ridiculous in size

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

How the hell do Virgin keep 3 channels going with all this old repeated crap filler programming. There was an episode of The Cube on this evening and this kid was asked what he wanted to get if his mum won aload of dosh. His answer: a PS3!!

I agree but someone must enjoy watching it.

I recall when UTV Ireland started showing up to date episodes of Ant and Dec Takeaway programme TV3 put on repeats from the previous year at the same time and more people watched the repeat. A lot of viewers have no idea what they are looking at.

I recall when UTV Ireland started showing up to date episodes of Ant and Dec Takeaway programme TV3 put on repeats from the previous year at the same time and more people watched the repeat. A lot of viewers have no idea what they are looking at.

To be fair being higher on the EPG probably had an awful lot to do with that..

That proves my point.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭JDxtra

icdg wrote: »
    That is the whole point of the rebrand, to cross promote the Virgin Media cable TV/Broadband service.
    I can understand their point, but it's a logo in a logo. There is no defending the fact that it is a bad design.

Even the domain name is crazy - virginmediatelevision.ie. That's 24 characters!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Clermont Carn back on air but with same old tosh on 3 channels that have been rebranded.

Advertisement