Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campagnolo left hand shifter help.

• 16-11-2019 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

Putting a Chorus group(pre 2015) on a new build and can't get the FD to shift.
    Bought a complete new inner for the shifter but when I insert the cable it just goes all the way to the top of the shifter so when I try to shift nothing happens .
    Any help/advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭Plastik

Finding it hard to picture what you're describing. Take off the shifter and dis/reassemble the ratchet mechanism from behind, it's fairly handy. I can only assume you've checked that the shifter is in the small ring position when you're feeding the cable in?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Again probably obvious, but you know that campy gear cable ends are different to shimano and that you've got the right ones? The campy ends are narrower so using a shimano cable would lead to it getting stuck and not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭micase

Thanks for the replies. I'm waiting on a new set of cables so hoping that sorts out the problem. I took the assembly apart and put it back together so Monday should tell a tale.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭micase

The position of the expansion spring was throwing me but I think I have it sorted.
    Just one other question, if this doesn't work would a set of Athena shifters work with the Chorus mechs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭Plastik

Yes - I'm running pre'15 Chorus shifters with Athena mechs on one bike. I'm not sure of the generation Athena they are, whether pre/post '15. I've Athena with the revised EPS style shifter on another bike and that works perfectly with a pre'15 Chorus RD.

• Advertisement
Advertisement