Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Ironicname wrote: »
    Enlighten me.

Do your own homework.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

You'd want to do some research on Barrett before accusing people of throwing the word 'fascist' around.

Tell me why you advocate for people who hold different opinions to be assaulted?

Would you think it's ok for your opponents to do it to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Tell me why you advocate for people who hold different opinions to be assaulted?

Like I said, learn a bit about the guy you're defending before you shed any tears for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

eh, of course it not ok!! Of course, they wouldn't like anyone to assault them who disagreed with them. They are the only ones that can assault people with opposing opinions/views to them. ............ they are right. Only them. They are oppressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

Splash of a milkshake. Poor snowflake.
    I hope the gardai persue it as vigorously as they do hate speech.

• Advertisement

20Cent wrote:
    Splash of a milkshake. Poor snowflake. I hope the gardai persue it as vigorously as they do hate speech.

Wrongthink.

Like I said, learn a bit about the guy you're defending before you shed any tears for him.

Typical hyperbole. I haven't "shed any tears". I'm just looking at certain posters delighting in and downplaying assault because they dislike the person it happened to.

The same posters who cheer when other voices are deplatformed and claim anything other than their belief is hate speech.

But sure, I'm probably a nazi.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Wrongthink.

“Wrongthink”? I’ve read 1984 and can’t remember anyone referring to hate speech laws.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

Wrongthink.

He's not just thinking about he is going around spreading hate. All this immigrant centres being burnt by ignorant people who listen to the hate spreaders.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

You'd want to do some research on Barrett before accusing people of throwing the word 'fascist' around.

No accusation, you literally are.

And you still sound like a first year Arts student.
    20Cent wrote: »
    Splash of a milkshake. Poor snowflake.

Another one with problems with nouns. That's 'a splash' to you? Apart from the fact that he was probably struck with the full cup, which cannot have felt great either.

• Advertisement

20Cent wrote:
    He's not just thinking about he is going around spreading hate.

So are you. You are happily condoning people being assaulted. That is absolutely spreading hate.

20Cent wrote: »
    I hope the gardai persue it as vigorously as they do hate speech.

I'm curious as to how you would define hate speech?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Pity a few proud boys weren't around to gently clear the way for these old folks.

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1178509709835259904

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 thechewyone

Pity a few proud boys weren't around to gently clear the way for these old folks.
    I've just been watching some videos of them smashing up students this morning, it's glorious! Best part is how savvy they are at claiming to be against violence, to sucker these antifa fascists in. True artistes of mayhem, violence, and discord (;) ;) ) gotta love it! And if you don't love it, you gotta respect it unless you want your face smashed in... hard to blow whistles when you don't have teeth!! :D

e9401c7f623f4694a08f859ef8396dd0_18.jpg

If you really want fun though, go check out the Rise Above Movement.

Videos like these, are simply incontrovertible traits of undesirables that are displayed on a consecutive basis by this terrorist organization.

On each occasion, videos show individuals at these terrorist organized events, to have low IQs, a deranged sense of entitlement and lack an entry-level of moral standards

• Registered Users Posts: 81,628 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

More fakes in easy to acquire disguises.

The act is reprehensible of course. I just don’t believe it’s Antifa. Too ridiculous to be them.

Overheal wrote: »

The act is reprehensible of course. I just don’t believe it’s Antifa. Too ridiculous to be them.

I didn't know that was a thing. Have you got examples of proof-based evidence proving that others have acquired disguises to infiltrate the terror organization? I think that may have been lifted from your conspiracy forum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

So stunning and brave from the masked Antifa fascists.

Were they protesting Dave Rubin in Canada ? bit of an overreaction for a gay Jew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Haha For **** sake!

I didn't know that was a thing. Have you got examples of proof-based evidence proving that others have acquired disguises to infiltrate the terror organization? I think that may have been lifted from your conspiracy forum.

disguise at Walmart: black clothes and hoodie. $30.

What terror organization?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

It's a "my side can do no wrong" type of argument. I wouldn't even bother.

DanDan6592 wrote: »

Whose side?

disguise at Walmart: black clothes and hoodie. $30.

What terror organization?

Christ it costs nothing to dress like scum but to act like scum: Priceless!! You may get more of a reaction from your conspiracy forum.

Oh I seem to be getting a reaction right here, no less from people who seem to think Antifa would harass an old lady on a walker in a crosswalk because...?

DanDan6592 wrote: »

It's both funny and ironic that they sympathize with a domestic terror group.

What domestic terror group? You seem unwilling to answer this point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Anti fascism isn't a terror group comrade, it's a movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Antifa extremists clashed with police in Seattle after staging a counter-protest against a ‘Make America Great Again’ rally in Seattle on Sunday. Several members of Antifa were reportedly arrested and also police arrested a Trump supporter after he was defending a fellow MAGA participant that was punched by an Antifa thug.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Oh I seem to be getting a reaction right here, no less from people who seem to think Antifa would harass an old lady on a walker in a crosswalk because...?

They've beaten people over the head with bats, hit people with bottles and rocks, kicked a man grounded in the back of the head and even attacked a man in a wheelchair ... why would this crap be below them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

Fascism averted, phew ! that was a close one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement