Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Any Wispas Leeside?

• 05-10-2007 5:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I'm home for the weekend - it's been a while *sniff*
    But the important question is... where can I get a Wispa? Couldn't find any in Dublin - or indeed Urlingford when the bus stopped there today.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I saw them in the shop by the AIB on college road today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

they had plenty in the Centra next to Argos on the Grand Parade this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Does that mean these Wispas are years old and have been sitting in stock all this time or what?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I think they started making them again recently. F*ck, I'd murder a Wispa now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

This was x-posted over on the County forum.

I replied to it there. In short, dahamsta is correct.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

The small newsagent at the Bus station end of Maylor Street and Porters in Douglas Court

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

thats my day sorted... pint of milk and a couple of wispas. Is it just the normal ones that are back or did they see sense and bring back the wispa gold's too?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Aren't Wispas just glorified Aeros?

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Wispas indeed rock!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Whats all the fuss with the Wispa?
    If they were so good/popular, why were they discontinued?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Kold wrote:

The Power of Christ Compels You! The Power of Christ Compels You!

• My local shop sells them, its called Ballinacarriga stores. Its near Derrynane road in Turners Cross/Ballyphehane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Seen them all round shops/petrol stations in East Cork....Yummmm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

My local shop sells them, its called Ballinacarriga stores. Its near Derrynane road in Turners Cross/Ballyphehane.

Isn't that Junior's shop?? Or am I going mad? Just off Doyle road..

And personally, I can't see what all the fuss about Wispas are... Aero will do me fine... Or a dairy milk... Or a yorkie... Or most other chocolate bars...

• dulpit wrote:
    Isn't that Junior's shop?? Or am I going mad? Just off Doyle road..

QUOTE]
    Yup, it is juniors shop. Wispa's are lovely, got two on my way home from work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

I'm eating a Wispa right now. Mmmmm....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Kold wrote:

Nooooooo..

Aero's are Rowntrees' product, so the chocolate is nowhere near as nice as Cadbury's. Also, the bubbles in the Aero are dissatisfyingly big, compared with the gentle, tiny bubbles that lie within the Cadbury's Wispa. The Wispa melts satisfyingly on your tongue, the velvety bubbles slowly merging into a rich chocolaty lava that glides down the throat. Unwrapping a Wispa is like undressing a sexy young lady, removing the silk dress and revealing the heavenly, naughty, luxurious inner beauty that lies within. Oh the Wispa. Thank you God, and thank you Cadbury, for the devilishly divine treat that is, the Cadbury's Wispa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

dobsdave wrote:
    Whats all the fuss with the Wispa?
    If they were so good/popular, why were they discontinued?

Same reason as Caramels, Golden Crisps etc have been pulled, its because Cadburys wanted to solidify the DAIRY MILK range. Wispa became Dairy Milk bubbly - totally not the same, Golden Crisp has become Dairy Milk with Crunchie. Its rubbish really.

As a side fact, the whole wispa thing started with 3 UCC students, one of whom is my sister. They wrote to Cadburys about a year ago, and got a generic response of "Customer tatses have moved on" yada yada. They started a bebo, and were just having a mess around really, then out of the blue, someone fromcadburys PR agency rang them, and asked them would they do photoshoots etc. So far they have been interviewed by The Examiner, the Mail, Sindo etc etc etc, and did a photoshoot with, among others, Glenda Gilson.

I bought 10 wispas in porters in Wilton the other day which are nice chilled in my fridge. Great bars. And no, GOLDS are back, yet. Hopefully they do and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

gimmick wrote:
    Golden Crisp has become Dairy Milk with Crunchie. Its rubbish really.

Golden Crisps are still golden crisps... I had one yesterday, yum yum...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Centra, Grand Parade, bless 'em. For all your Wispa and Wispa-related needs! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

An insider in the trade tells me they're flying off the shelves.

Well, people are carrying them in their pockets or whatever, but you get the idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

dulpit wrote:
    Golden Crisps are still golden crisps... I had one yesterday, yum yum...:)

Could have sworn i saw one of the large Golden Crisps the other day as dairy Milk with Crunchie. Meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

rymus wrote:
    thats my day sorted... pint of milk and a couple of wispas. Is it just the normal ones that are back or did they see sense and bring back the wispa gold's too?

Heard rumours of a campaign starting up for the gold and the mint ones to be brought back too.

Bit below about the relaunch from the Wikipedia page:
    Since the discontinuation of the Wispa bar in 2003, several Internet campaigns and an online petition to bring it back slowly gained momentum. During Iggy Pop's 2007 performance at Glastonbury, several Wispa fans invaded the stage armed with a banner saying "Bring Back Wispa." In addition, several "Bring Back Wispa" groups on Bebo, MySpace and Facebook were set up.In August 2007, these campaigns prompted Cadbury to announce that the bar would be relaunched on October 8, 2007 for an initial limited production of 23 million bars, with a permanent return possible if sales are high enough. Predictions that the relaunched product would be marketed as 'Wispa Classic' proved unfounded, and the new Wispa hit shelves in October 2007 in packaging virtually identical to that of the original bar.

On the 24 August 2007, the first box of the relaunched Wispas was put up for auction on Ebay with a press release from Cadbury saying that the auction is real and that the proceeds are going toward the Cadbury Charity, Ghana for the Source.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 muddyfeet

They have them in Londis on Shandon St.

Advertisement