Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I'd buy that for a $: Retro bargains

Comments

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    He has Protector/YASI for sale... very tempted on that one, though without an overlay it doesn't really offer anything different from the version on my VecMulti cart.
    Stramash Zone has not been released to the masses in the form of a download, only a limited physical release, and it is outstanding.
    And I need it... I really really do...

Maybe I should sell something in the collection to fund it...

Noticed that too, I’d imagine that will go for a lot, Jim has said he’ll be doing another run at some stage so best to wait it out I’d imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,211 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Noticed that too, I’d imagine that will go for a lot, Jim has said he’ll be doing another run at some stage so best to wait it out I’d imagine
    Site suggests £36 + postage...once its in stock again

For sure.. Vectrex scene is gone a bit nuts of late for some of the homebrew stuff, most of it will get either a rerelease or an alternative release at some stage, Patience is required for sure!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I was just chatting with the chap who wrote Stramash Zone, invited him to come visit... so put on your best clothes, be nice, and don't let me down!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I tried and failed

• Registered Users Posts: 8,945 ✭✭✭Doge

BGOllie is like the human form of a CRT Regenerater! :cool:

Heads up for anyone that owns an Oculus Quest or a Rift.

Path of the Warrior is on sale for €13.99 on the Quest store.

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/2032870023439846/

It's cross buy so that if you buy it on the quest store you get the rift version free when you search for it on the rift store after buying it on the quest store. You do not need a quest to buy it.

It's like jumping into the world of streets of rage or double dragon in VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Doge wrote: »

It's cross buy so that if you buy it on the quest store you get the rift version free when you search for it on the rift store after buying it on the quest store. You do not need a quest to buy it.

Got my Quest 2 today, and went to buy it, its back up to 20e. doh. thanks doh... Game any good?

Man this quest 2 is amazing, between large floor area box you can set, camera out if bounds box, and remotes are like two wiimotes on steriods with accurate 1 to 1 tracking is freakishly accurate.

Best of all Vader immortal and this VR headset goes down in my all time wow moments in gaming.
    I literally nearly fell over as went to lean on part of the ship at one stage it was that real feeling.

Highly recommend it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,370 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Imagine traveling back in time and giving a Quest 2 with Path of the Warrior to your younger self while he was playing Streets of Rage.

'hey Kid, try this!'

/brain melts

Was playing my friends Quest last week, had me set up in a flight sim. Can't remember what it was called but the realism was absolutely ridiculous. Really did feel like I was in a cockpit.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Gahh as a Vive owner I'm a bit pissed off as its an oculus 'exclusive'.
    Still my son's getting a Quest 2 off Santa , so might persuade him to let me try it.

kevin2me wrote: »
    Got my Quest 2 today, and went to buy it, its back up to 20e. doh. thanks doh... Game any good?

Man this quest 2 is amazing, between large floor area box you can set, camera out if bounds box, and remotes are like two wiimotes on steriods with accurate 1 to 1 tracking is freakishly accurate.

Best of all Vader immortal and this VR headset goes down in my all time wow moments in gaming.
    I literally nearly fell over as went to lean on part of the ship at one stage it was that real feeling.

Highly recommend it...

I haven't got the quest 2 yet, it's on the way, but bought the game on sale in advance. Can't wait to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

I haven't got the quest 2 yet, it's on the way, but bought the game on sale in advance. Can't wait to play it.

Vadar Immortal 1-2-3 are 8e each, so far completed episode 1 and it was amazing, so well done.

I had 3.5 sq meter boundary but it's even cooler if you could get 7x7 meter boundary, I even tried it outside when it cloudy to m=not damage the lenses and its so realistic walking from A to B.

Echo VR is a lot of fun too, if you've seen or read Enders Game, its basically this and its free.

Starting Robo Recall tonight and the new walking dead game.

Next up, i hear Dolphin VR allows you to play GC\Wii games in VR too, must research that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

https://m.ebay.fr/itm/-/284058152171?ul_ref=https%3A%2F%2Frover.ebay.com%2Frover%2F1%2F709-53476-19255-0%2F1%3Fff3%3D4%26toolid%3D10001%26campid%3D5337257450%26customid%3DArcade%2520%2528Boards%252C%2520PCB%252C%2520Jamma%2529%2520%257BVG%257D%26mpre%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fwww.ebay.fr%252Fitm%252F-%252F284058152171%253Fnordt%253Dtrue%2526orig_cvip%253Dtrue%26srcrot%3D709-53476-19255-0%26rvr_id%3D2659494372672%26rvr_ts%3D668f2d761750a77dc28213d2fe530903&_mwBanner=1&_rdt=1&ul_noapp=true

Very unusual to see these anymore, the Capcom cased Varth. Only one I've ever seen for sale actually.

Is it worth it? Maybe, it's not robbery at least. Will be a long time before you see one again, and Varth is like an hour long shooter, so it has good mileage.

I'd have jumped on this except I've got other arcade stuff on the go that's going to suck up money.

Master of the Universe

Funnily enough I was only just looking at a Varth pcb over on Arcade Otaku which still had a functioning suicide battery too. Looking for 300 euro.

Didn't have that case, in fact I don't think I've seen one of them for sale myself in a long time too. That's very tempting alright.

He had it listed originally at 350 buy it now/make offer. I reckon a solid offer will get him to part with it as he's obviously not expecting something stupid.

The real rarity is that blue rental cps that Capcom put out. Tried to find a picture but cant. Rare!

Another oddball is the home console that Capcom released, the cps power changer (?). Goes for mental money. Basically a supergun for cps games. I think you could only buy them off Capcom directly.

Capcom made cool stuff

Here's a video

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭geotrig

I used to have a few pictures of the blue CPS s somewhere( as close as I've gotten to owning one)and there Is a few over this side of the world , mainly French collections though..
    I'm fairly sure Japj a c designed ,built ,sold and bought all the CPS changers... P)
    Varths a funny one, never been hard to find but never loads on sale either and hasn't seen the increases in price like the rest of CPS stuff and rightly so it's very average game, there is quiet a few decased ones about ( similar to cps1. 5s ) :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭geotrig

geotrig wrote: »

Thanks, good info! A blue Cadillacs and dinosaurs, how cool would that be?! I can only imagine the price when one pops up once a decade or two, ouch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

If anyone’s looking to enter the world of pinball I can remove the adverts tax on this for them ;)

https://www.adverts.ie/21930381

Master of the Universe

Gradius wrote: »
    https://m.ebay.fr/itm/-/284058152171?ul_ref=https%3A%2F%2Frover.ebay.com%2Frover%2F1%2F709-53476-19255-0%2F1%3Fff3%3D4%26toolid%3D10001%26campid%3D5337257450%26customid%3DArcade%2520%2528Boards%252C%2520PCB%252C%2520Jamma%2529%2520%257BVG%257D%26mpre%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fwww.ebay.fr%252Fitm%252F-%252F284058152171%253Fnordt%253Dtrue%2526orig_cvip%253Dtrue%26srcrot%3D709-53476-19255-0%26rvr_id%3D2659494372672%26rvr_ts%3D668f2d761750a77dc28213d2fe530903&_mwBanner=1&_rdt=1&ul_noapp=true

Very unusual to see these anymore, the Capcom cased Varth. Only one I've ever seen for sale actually.

Is it worth it? Maybe, it's not robbery at least. Will be a long time before you see one again, and Varth is like an hour long shooter, so it has good mileage.

I'd have jumped on this except I've got other arcade stuff on the go that's going to suck up money.

I see it sold, was that you?? :D

o1s1n wrote: »
    I see it sold, was that you?? :D

Yeah funny you should say that, I checked earlier myself to see it gone. It was bound to sell relatively quickly I suppose!

I launched a few t-shirts the other night.

Shameless plug but I'm OG, please don't swing the hammer

Ec4JG8s.jpg

Master of the Universe

I see our chequerboard friend has dropped the price on his widescreen trinitron - it's actually a lovely looking TV.

Down to 50 euro now.

https://www.adverts.ie/tv/crt-tv/21695036

edit - should have noted, he seems like he's potentially a bit of a loon, so maybe don't make an offer! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

o1s1n wrote: »
    I see our chequerboard friend has dropped the price on his widescreen trinitron - it's actually a lovely looking TV.

Down to 50 euro now.

https://www.adverts.ie/tv/crt-tv/21695036

edit - should have noted, he seems like he's potentially a bit of a loon, so maybe don't make an offer! :eek:

More than a bit I'd say....

Still though - it would be interesting if anyone does try and deal with him to see how they get on....

Last picture, The checkerboard floor is only lino!

What is even real anymore?

Master of the Universe

Last picture, The checkerboard floor is only lino!

What is even real anymore?

The checkerboard is a lie!

I think you should go for it, if things get weird you always have your 'getting naked' defense mechanism to fall back on. I don't think he can top that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

He reminds me of a guy(but isn't the guy) I bought a load of retro stuff off about 4-5 years ago. I went out to collect the bits in Ballyfermot and he brought me around 3 separate council houses that he was using to store all his gear in. Nobody living there, just loads of arcade and retro bits and other electrical things.
    Anyway, went in and picked what I wanted and he nearly doubled the asking price(this after 2 of his mates arrived), said take it or leave it. I said, ok I'll leave it and then he accepted the original price!
    Very strange chap indeed, no checkerboard floor though :)

If I was going to get stuff off this checkerboard dude, I wouldn't be going alone!

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Hah, that's fantastic! :D

My most interesting one was meeting a guy from boards who wanted to set up an airsoft site back in 2006. Myself and a mate went to check the gear he'd imported.

Turns out he wasn't bringing us to a storage site, but a public field in Swords.

He brings us to a spot down the field with a couple of bags of guns, and sets up a hubcap as a target - then proceeds to pull out an AK47 and starts laying into the target.

After about 5 minutes of this I can see kids up on a hill pointing down at us in the distance - I start getting very sheepish and start trying to make excuses to leave.

Unfortunately I'm not very good at this kind of a thing and took a bit too long getting out of there as he kept twisting my arm to have a go and let him know what I think.

With that, a lone Garda came over the crest of the hill, with a 'What's going on here now, lads?' look on his face.

We explained the situation to him, how it's all a massive misunderstanding and think that's that - he then asks us to walk back over the crest of the hill with him.

As we get over the hill, we are greeted by the Armed Response Unit with guns drawn and about six squad cards with flashing lights and an army of Gardai.

Moral of the story - don't meet people you don't know off the internet, kids. And especially don't meet them to look at guns :eek:

Advertisement