Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best club in dublin (Vote)

• 09-05-2005 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭

What is the best club in Dublin? When I say BEST, there are certain factors you must take into account.

1. Is it BIG? A spacious club is good because you can walk around and enjoy the scenery rather than be crammed into a small space.

2. Music. The music has to be good but not too LOUD so that you can't talk.

3. Scumbags. Are there alot of scumbags in the club. Obviously, this is very bad because you want to enjoy yourself.

4. Talent. What are the women/men that go there like? Are they good looking? Are they easy? Are they stuck up? Do they talk to you if you approach them?

I'm sure there are others you can think off but for now please vote in this poll. Here is what I think of the following...

Spirit: Good club, big enough but very costly. It's 20 euro in on Saturdays and 5 euro on student night (Thursday). Fine selection of women but the loud music makes it hard to talk to them. Music is VERY loud usually. 6/10

Barcode:
    Very big. Pool tables and arcade machines. One of the best clubs in dublin IMO... Classy women and also some not so classy women. Free in. 8/10

Club 92... Have never been there but have heard good things. Describe it someone

Bondi Beach... Have never been there but heard good things. Describe it someone

Redbox... Doesn't even deserve to be listed IMO but I have been there a lot so I can provide a good analysis. Very poor club. Gets packed often and the best place to talk to people is the smoking area. It's a complete joke of a club. 1/10

The Vaults... Good on a saturday night. Great dancefloor, nice, friendly people. Bouncers are nice. Drinks are very expensive though. 7/10

Tramco... Never been there. How big is it and what is it like?

Q-Bar... Can be good depending on which night you go. I personally don't rate it at all but some do. It has a clostraphobic feel about it and just isn't comfortable. 3/10

Sosume...
    Never been there.

I would have to say my favourite is Bar code. What do YOU think???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

Barcode has a lot of "scumbags".
    sosume is now called dragon and is a gay bar i've been told.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭akindoc

I'd really like to know what Bondi and Club 92 are like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭hawkmoon269

akindoc wrote:
    Tramco... Never been there. How big is it and what is it like?
    [/B]

It's pretty big. Clientele varied but a bit of a "chav" element unfortunately. Alright every once in a while but I wouldn't want to go there week in week out.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Ri-Ra is consistantly good, always a nice crowd there too - very few shapers.

I tried to make a poll but failed terribly. Where is Ri-Ra? Is it big?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭cmcquaid

i would also vote for barcode its the best place ive been in dublin anyway

The worst thing about Barcode is the bouncers. Little hardmen who think they're hard but they're really about as hard as a ball of wool.

I'm probably showing my age with this comment but my favourite club in Dublin used to be the old "Howl at the Moon" in Dwyers Mount Street. Just good crack, no poseurs.

akindoc wrote:
    I'd really like to know what Bondi and Club 92 are like.

Club 92 is mainly a rugger bugger/rugger hugger/D4 crowd though it is possible to have a good night there. Not sure about Bondi but I would expect similar clientele given its location.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Barcode is full with mutton dressed as lamb .. all the girls look the same (pearls followed by a grayhound skirt) - Most have accents that would strip paint
    but very nice to look at

For some reason their is a huge number of guys wear :
    Tight t-shirts (Usually Pink or white) white a sparkly earring, and spiky bleached hair, blue faded jeans
    or Shirts from ben sherman

But saying that - it's fairly cheap and cheerful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Barcode is usually good, €3 drinks free in. Don't like it on busy nights though (bank-holidays, school mid-terms) when it's busy you have to queue for the bar, use plastic cups, cloak-room can fill up etc. On a norml thursday or saturday it's good though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

the bouncers in barcode are rough thugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 MakingMeMark

Temple Bar Music Center, followed by the RedBox.
    For the diversity of the music, the music appreciative crowd, the relatively moderate prices and the physical size, TBMC has to do it.

Bondi and Club92 aren't clubs, they are places to be seen that happen to play something along the lines of music. Ri-Ra is a great place to hang at but too small.

Akindoc, totally disagree with you about Rebbox: how can you say it doesn't deserve to be a club when, in the last few weeks, I've seen Darren Emerson (Underworld) rock it post ChemicalBrothers, and Carl Cox the weekend before last?

And have to say, The Village is impressing me more and more. DjYoda night there was awesome, Tsunami tribute gig with P.Casey was rocking and even on a standard Saturday night, there's a good crowd with a noticeable lack of 'HowYas'....

Club 92 is mainly a rugger bugger/rugger hugger/D4 crowd though it is possible to have a good night there. Not sure about Bondi but I would expect similar clientele given its location.

I would expect the birds in Club 92 to be of unbelievable quality? I have heard so off a few people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

My local set dancin club is pretty sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

Nobody mention Reds yet, its pretty good there although a bit pricy but women are good

Temple Bar Music Center, followed by the RedBox.
    For the diversity of the music, the music appreciative crowd, the relatively moderate prices and the physical size, TBMC has to do it.

Bondi and Club92 aren't clubs, they are places to be seen that happen to play something along the lines of music. Ri-Ra is a great place to hang at but too small.

Akindoc, totally disagree with you about Rebbox: how can you say it doesn't deserve to be a club when, in the last few weeks, I've seen Darren Emerson (Underworld) rock it post ChemicalBrothers, and Carl Cox the weekend before last?

And have to say, The Village is impressing me more and more. DjYoda night there was awesome, Tsunami tribute gig with P.Casey was rocking and even on a standard Saturday night, there's a good crowd with a noticeable lack of 'HowYas'....

I think I've had too much of the redbox.

weedhead wrote:
    Nobody mention Reds yet, its pretty good there although a bit pricy but women are good

It's clostrophobic and doesn't even warrant a mention.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

akindoc wrote:
    The worst thing about Barcode is the bouncers. Little hardmen who think they're hard but they're really about as hard as a ball of wool.

Surprised to hear that, and have to disargree. On the few occasions Ive been there they've been nice as pie, nice enough so Ive actually noticed it. And on one occasion I was outside looking after a friend who was puking just in front of the gates. The bouncer came down to us (I presumed he was gonna move us on) with a cup of water. Cant say fairer than that.

The girls in there really are of the easy variety tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

Bondi is great because you know everyone there..but its also **** because of that because you cant do anything crazy. At least if youre in ucd arts/commerce/law/b&l or bess in trinity anyway. Handy location and nice enough layout too. Wouldnt touch it at the weekend cause its full of kids and normal priced drink though.

Anabels is good on a wednesday, decent college crowd, handy loclation, bit small inside though.
    Redbox is a scanger filled hole.
    Qbar's alright but a bit pricey (5.50 a shot), is where I'd head if I was going out in town at the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Isoldes Tower.

It's a big place, 2 floors. You'll usually get a seat upstairs if that takes your fancy. It's got a mixed crowd, has all the popular booze on draught (and none of this cashels when you ask for bulmers boll*cks either), the music is good, it's not pretentious in any way, and it serves till 4am at the weekends.. 3am midweek.

Oh, and it's free in :D

K.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 koala

i never found them rough, quite friendly infact, i dont like the way loads o young scangery children hang out there
    (we are talkin about barcode - west wood)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Liffeyman

Sin, not 2bad late bar drinks are around the same price as everywhere in templebar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭katiegordon

Hey!!!
    Is there any clubs that are really easy to get into if youre under 18??Im thinkin of going to barcode, any chance of me getting in???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Hey!!!
    Is there any clubs that are really easy to get into if youre under 18??Im thinkin of going to barcode, any chance of me getting in???

Girls - yes.
    Guys - no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Since the demise of Sosume :( (Dragon is a good laugh don't get me wrong but I'm not gay) I would have to go with Sin in Temple Bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ahsurewhynot

Barcode is good but the bouncers are *****rs
    It's a fact, they are.
    I'd be up there a good bit, so would my friends, and there is only one sound bouncer. The rest are power mad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭katiegordon

Well im a girl so im thinking if i wear a really short skirt ill have a good chance..............??Know anywhere dat has particularly easy going bouncers anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ahsurewhynot

I find the bouncers at Qbar and Ivy pretty sound but Qbar has an older crowd so I'm usually the youngest there and Ivy is full of people who ued to go to Wezz back in da day

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Stix

Sosume is crap. They play all that Craig David new R&B style ****e. I heard Bruxelles is the biz, but can never get the lads to go. They always go to Bobs or Club M. ****in ****holes.

Advertisement