Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abercrombie and Fitch in Ireland

• 26-12-2006 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Hi Guys,

Does anybody know of stores in Ireland that stock Ambercrombie goods?

In particular, hoodies for very demanding 14 year old girls?!

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭fluppet

I haven't heard of any Irish stores selling it, but I know someone who bought some Abercrombie stuff on the internet from America and they were happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,555 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

you won't find any in ireland at all, you're best bet is to order online at their store and suffer tax and customs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Yea, I'm pretty sure you can only get it over the internet at the moment. You gotta watch it though, chances are you'll get hit by customs and VAT when the gear gets to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Lawros Tache

Theres a mens clothing shop in Glasthule that stocks A&F hoodies, bought a couple myself there. Not the cheapest, but i suspect you already know that, and anything for a quiet life ;)
    Cant think of the name, but its on Adelaide Rd, opp Eagle House Pub, just off Glasthule Main St.
    Dont know if they still have them but they did about a month ago, was surprised to see them in Ireland but it's a nice shop with very decent clothes, not some knock-off merchant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Theres a mens clothing shop in Glasthule that stocks A&F hoodies, bought a couple myself there. Not the cheapest, but i suspect you already know that, and anything for a quiet life ;)
    Cant think of the name, but its on Adelaide Rd, opp Eagle House Pub, just off Glasthule Main St.
    Dont know if they still have them but they did about a month ago, was surprised to see them in Ireland but it's a nice shop with very decent clothes, not some knock-off merchant.

What else does that shop stock? Do they have a sale on at the moment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I will never understand why people think its cool to be a walking advertisement for a retail shop, especially when it does not even exist in this country!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Origin in Galway (where Gravity used to be) seem to sell Abercrombie stuff...no idea on if it's real etc etc as I wouldn't be into the brand but I definitely saw the label on some clothes in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Saruman wrote:
    I will never understand why people think its cool to be a walking advertisement for a retail shop, especially when it does not even exist in this country!!
    I don't understand it either and I can't understand why parents are so irresponsible as to allow it. It's a mindset to be discouraged.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭kazper

Design Edge in Kilkenny started stocking Abercrombie & Fitch range in last few weeks, pretty pricey though, ladies hoodies €80+

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I'd try buy it from ebay from a UK seller so you won't get taxed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I'd normally buy a few A&F Bits from the States when I'm there, but Gasoline in Cork are stocking A&F now. Not the full line, but it's a start.

JC 2K3 wrote:
    I don't understand it either and I can't understand why parents are so irresponsible as to allow it. It's a mindset to be discouraged.
    I know what you are saying, and I do think they are a bit overpriced, but the clothes are very good quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Cremo wrote:
    you won't find any in ireland at all, you're best bet is to order online at their store and suffer tax and customs.

Theres a shop in Galway that sells some ambercrombie gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

For guys, a shop in Dundalk called Tony McDonnell Menswear sells A&F stuff, but I wouldn't wear it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Fobia wrote:
    Origin in Galway (where Gravity used to be) seem to sell Abercrombie stuff...no idea on if it's real etc etc as I wouldn't be into the brand but I definitely saw the label on some clothes in there.

Where is that shop in galway? Thanks mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

Abercrombie dont sell their excess stock to other stores so I'd say its a pretty good bet all of these shops are selling counterfeit A&F. Ive seen a number of stores in Dublin all selling "Abercrombie" clothes that might fool people who arent into the brand, anyone who knows what theyre doing will immediately know theyre fakes though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Blut, that's the biggest load of crap I've ever heard. Do you genuinely think a main street franchise such as Gasoline would be selling counterfeit goods and risking their entire chain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

AHHHHHHHHHH! I hate Abercrombie+Fitch! It's ridiculous, the amount of d4s who wear the EXACT same abercrombie+fitch hoodies. Why?.....

But hold on..how are they not sold in Ireland if everybody has them? Does everyone buy them off the internet? That's strange...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭j4vier

But hold on..how are they not sold in Ireland if everybody has them? Does everyone buy them off the internet? That's strange...

answer: yes

or they had someone in the states who brought them down paying them less than what you would over here

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I assume most people who have them get them in the states... its VERY cheap to go in the winter. I once got a 2 adult return to chicago for €590 with aer lingus.
    Ever been in one of their shops? Its less a clothes shop than it is a night club with clothes rails. Very loud, they only hire very good looking people.

Im sure they will eventully open here like Gap and now some old navy stuff is available in Arnots.

• Advertisement

I actually know someone who worked in an A&F store on a J1... doing the night shift! They had 5 people who would spend the whole night in the store tidying it up for the next day. And by tidying up, I mean they actually had to use rulers to measure the distances between all of the hangers, and they had to fold everything absolutely perfectly... What a waste!

fluppet wrote:
    I know what you are saying, and I do think they are a bit overpriced, but the clothes are very good quality.
    The quality isn't the issue. There are cheaper alternatives that are of as good quality without advertising all over. The young people who wear Abercrombie are more concerned about the name than the quality in any case, and they don't even know the implications of wearing Abercrombie clothing. They do not realise that they are promoting a racist company, that not only discriminates when hiring staff but sells tshirts with racist messages, a company that uses sweatshops and a company that uses explicit references to and graphical depictions of sex and emphasises the importance of having a perfect body in its advertising aimed at children as young as 10 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,148 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

AFAIK A&F still only ever sell from their own stores, if you've been in one you'd know why. Perfect looking assisstants, walls plastered with models etc., Everyone employed wearing A&F.
    Think one is meant to be opening in Dundrum.

^When employing their staff in the US they target the jocks, the cheerleaders and other popular and good looking young people in the local high schools and get them to work in Abercrombie, it's a terrible, but very effective marketing scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

I had to buy two as gifts when I was in Florida last month. €60 each. Pretty reasonable price given the quality of the jumper. I wouldn't go for them myself, but you can see why people do.

The shop itself is horrible. Pumping techno music, ridiculous trees everywhere and staff that all but spit on you for even being there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Tony Connolly's (Chapps) in Limerick city are selling some A+F, my mum got me a hoody for xmas (and i gotta admit it is nice). I hadn't a clue A+F were retailing here, supposedly just came in about a month ago. Pricey too alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Lodgepole wrote:
    I had to buy two as gifts when I was in Florida last month. €60 each. Pretty reasonable price given the quality of the jumper. I wouldn't go for them myself, but you can see why people do.

The shop itself is horrible. Pumping techno music, ridiculous trees everywhere and staff that all but spit on you for even being there.

You should see the guy that runs the company he's about sixty and dresses like he's 20 and looks like he's had more work done than Jackie Stallone complete freak

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Mikejeffriesceo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

the guy looks like a freak!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Blut wrote:
    Abercrombie dont sell their excess stock to other stores so I'd say its a pretty good bet all of these shops are selling counterfeit A&F

165 euro combats,i dont think so mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Tony McDonnells in Earl street here in Dundalk are selling A+F gear hoody's and shirts and a few other things

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement