Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Autumn 2018 - General discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭Darwin

The car showed only 3c on the way in to work this morning, warming up nicely now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Artane2002

I'm back after a break from posting here (I've still been reading). September has been beautiful so far. I'm loving the cool nights/mornings because it makes me feel very comfortable and cosy in bed :) . Plenty of sunshine too.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Looks like it’s all going downhill here from tomorrow evening on
    Had been really looking forward to a full week and weekend of good weather
    Thursday looks absolutely miserable
    Seems to be a narrow band of rain forecast to be over us all feckin day
    And cold

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Heading to Spain next week for the holidays 3 days in Malaga and two in Torremolinos ...after wall to wall sunshine in the that region the last few weeks it’s giving thunderstorms and a general mixed bag for next week.
    I will be raging if weather is pissy:mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

harr wrote: »
    Heading to Spain next week for the holidays 3 days in Malaga and two in Torremolinos ...after wall to wall sunshine in the that region the last few weeks it’s giving thunderstorms and a general mixed bag for next week.
    I will be raging if weather is pissy:mad:

The Weather in the Malaga region still looks very decent for next week, slight chance of a thunderstorm on Monday but probably won't happen. Dry after that and sunny 26-28C for most of September.

Weather in Malaga region is currently very good, only seen about 1 hour of cloud here over the past 8 days.

• Advertisement

Yet another beautiful, cool morning in Dublin 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,498 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Artane2002 wrote: »
    Yet another beautiful, cool morning in Dublin 5.

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

It seems to have clouded up since. It has here anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Cool and wet in Castlebar, humidity is up at 96%.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭acequion

Horrible here in Tralee. Your typical "soft Irish day" that they can keep :mad:

Whatever happened to the predicted Indian summer? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,498 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

acequion wrote: »

Come to Dublin acequoin, this was over an hour or so ago (it has clouded up now) :D

You can blame Atlantic tropical cyclones.

Nkxk1Oh.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

enjoying my final few days of hot Spanish sun, after a long hot summer. Once I get back to Ireland next week, my attention turns to winter, lamposts, easterlys, blizzards and snow trains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Two days more or less identical (dry and sunny) but for one thing - yesterday the wind was frankly cold and even gusty, today more or less calm and much warmer feeling for it.

On another matter entirely - does anyone leave RTE Newsnow on? If so you'll see the little changing window for various topics - sport, entertainment, business, weather etc. The weather graphic for has been exactly the same for days now - cloudy rain!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

acequion wrote: »

The guy to whom that phrase is attributed to was misheard , what he really said was "its another ****e irish day "

Soft day now, thanks be to Jehovah and all his bounty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Indian Summer is in Oct/November not September.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Indian Summer is in November not September.

Always thought it had to happen in October, learn something new everyday

What about the Irish term, meaning the same thing, "fómhar beag na ngéanna" (little autumn of the geese)?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,870 ✭✭✭pauldry

Lashing rain in Sligo since 7pm

Nothing on radar much and less than 1mm in Markree but brunt of this rains hitting Sligo town

"Secret rain"

At 6 news RTE weather showed rain clearing by 730

At 9 news they showed rain "arriving" at 3am

I think the window is the best weather forecast these days

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Full and overcast morning in cork city.

• Advertisement

some very severe showers in parts of Spain today, the national tv stations showing reports of massive hail showers, thunderstorms.

The Weather here near Malaga is still good but it's starting to look like it will turn very unsettled here from Saturday. Heavy rain and thunderstorms forecasted for Saturday more storms and heavy showers forecasted for the first half of next week.

Hopefully there will still be some warm sun on Sunday and Monday as i'll be back to a cold Ireland on Tuesday.

A wet morning in Dublin followed by a beautiful evening. I'm actually happy with the morning rain for once :p

• Registered Users Posts: 23,433 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

2hdjby.jpg

Very stunning morning in Dublin (again :D). It feels colder than recent mornings but it's actually slightly milder.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭giveitholly

I know its a bit away but what is next weekend looking like,any sign of pressure or anything,especially on the Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Nice cool morning. The coolest since March or April. 5C this morning far better than 15C during the summer.

Long may it continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Cool and wet again this morning in Castlebar, 10.2C currently

Lucreto wrote: »
    Nice cool morning. The coolest since March or April. 5C this morning far better than 15C during the summer.

Long may it continue.

The low here this morning was 6.3C, the coolest since May. There were a couple of days in June and August that weren't far off. And what's wrong with a low of 15?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Mobhi1 wrote: »
    The low here this morning was 6.3C, the coolest since May. There were a couple of days in June and August that weren't far off. And what's wrong with a low of 15?

A low of 15 during this summer outdoors usually meant an indoors low of 20+

There are some people who like a warm room to sleep in, others who prefer a cooler one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Mobhi1 wrote: »

15C first thing in the morning is horrible. My house is well insolated. Its great in Winter as the heat doesn't go on until late November but in summer it's hell. 15c leaves the house close to 25C and the windows need to be closed for the alarm to work at night. I need a cold room to sleep in so the last few months I have been getting really bad sleeps.

Advertisement