Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salad Carbs

• 05-06-2019 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭

So I have been trying to have vegetarian salads for my lunch in work.

Mainly trying to increase my intake of nutritionally dense foods, but having an issue with my carbs.

I typically use a half can of cooked lentils, along with 200g of leafy greens. But my carbs are typically below my target of 60g. My fat and protein are very easy to manage.

I was wondering if a full can of leñtils would be too much? I will use leftover roasted vegetables some days.

But it's the days I just want to throw a salad together for the following day.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,897 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Pasta, rice and cous cous are all good for carbs. I prefer cous cous with salad myself and it’s a little less refined than pasta. If you don’t need quick glucose release, go whole meal pasta, brown/wild rice or cous cous. I prefer the taste of whole meal pasta and brown rice cold rather than their more processed cousins.

Should be easy enough to calculate your 60g of carb.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

A full can of lentils is fine, they are quite good for you, just be sure to get variety. Just boiled/roast potatoes and sweet potatoes with nothing on them (no salt/butter/oil) are very good. I get most of my potassium from potatoes alone etc.

Advertisement