Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Online returns

• 24-10-2019 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

I ordered something online and it has exceeded the time limit granted to be returned, so I'm told the order can't be accepted back, I'd usually just sent it back anyway and It wouldn't be an issue, but the return label is not include in the order and has to be requested, am I not at least entitled or an exchange or credit note?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭whippet

is there a problem with the product?

If there isn't a fault and it's just a change of mind you are not entitled to anything (outside of the legal cooling off period)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭Hoboo

I ordered something online and it has exceeded the time limit granted to be returned, so I'm told the order can't be accepted back, I'd usually just sent it back anyway and It wouldn't be an issue, but the return label is not include in the order and has to be requested, am I not at least entitled or an exchange or credit note?

As you've not mentioned it being faulty, I presume it's not.

You have 14 days to notify the business and a further 14 to return an item, after that unless they offer extended terms, you're entitled to nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Xterminator

that 14 days only applies to good purchased in the EU. Thats not been specified.

if outside of the EU check the T's&C's on sellers website and use that as your guide for what you are entitled to/what their process is.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

No I was away at the time and was one day out requesting the return label, however the item is still in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭Hoboo

that 14 days only applies to good purchased in the EU. Thats not been specified.

if outside of the EU check the T's&C's on sellers website and use that as your guide for what you are entitled to/what their process is.

Very true, I assumed the OP would be purchasing from EU as they 'usually send stuff back'. But then again, who knows where the OP is, or even where the business is located as you rightly say....all too vague.

OP, if you're delivery address is in the EU read https://www.ccpc.ie/consumers/shopping/buying-online/

Buying from EU and external based businesses is covered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,313 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

No I was away at the time and was one day out requesting the return label, however the item is still in stock

Your legal right to return the goods has nothing to do with whether it's still on offer for sale by the retailer.

You haven't said that there is a fault with the item, despite prodding by multiple posters (posts #2 and #3). If there isn't, you don't have the right to return it once the cooling off period has expired.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭ksceniaonegina

If you email them with a good reason they should help you out usually

coylemj wrote: »
    You haven't said that there is a fault with the item, despite prodding by multiple posters (posts #2 and #3).

Because there isn't!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,982 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Because there isn't!

This is an important fact on which your entitlements are based. If there is no fault in the item, returns entitlements for items bought in the EU are dependent on distance selling regs. If you are outside the timeframe allowed to return an item, you have no entitlement to return it.

Ok thanks everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,455 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Dav010 wrote: »
    This is an important fact on which your entitlements are based. If there is no fault in the item, returns entitlements for items bought in the EU are dependent on distance selling regs.
    One slight amendment - returns entitlements are the greater of:
    • distance selling regs
    • store policy
    For example, adidas.ie allow for returns up to 30 days after you receive your order. They can't then turn around after 20 days and say you're outside the distance selling regs, they are also legally bound by their policy

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, and dark mode). Now available through the extension stores

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

Advertisement