Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Rail jobs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Melanie1990

Hey just wondering when did you sit phase 2? And how long before you heard about Interviews? Congrats as well!!

Thanks! I sat the last lot of assessments for Dublin on Feb 15th and got the email for interview on 1st of March.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

What did the interview entail?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 anon2019!

Went to interview last week and was told it will be longer than before until they get around to sending any correspondence to the candidates, as everything is being done one on one from here on out. Still hopeful. How did people find the interviews?

Have you done the medical yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 PhilieIre

anon2019! wrote: »
    Nothing either my end.. hopefully its just in phases.
    I have my medical completed and passed

I passed my medical too but haven't received any word since, just wondering if your in the same boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 anon2019!

PhilieIre wrote: »
    I passed my medical too but haven't received any word since, just wondering if your in the same boat?

Nothing as of yet! Emailed to see what the story was and they said they will be in touch shortly!!
    I'm guessing they will do people interviews and the medical and then the people that have done and passed the medical will then do interviews once they finish the first batch..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Melanie1990

No word about the medical yet, but they did say that there won't be any word for a while because they're doing one on one interviews now so its a longer process. Interview was with a panel, lasted about 2 hours, wasn't too bad, mostly just covered questions that we were already asked in the assessment phase but in more detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭CiboC

Just received an email asking about availablity for interview over the next two weeks... Groovy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 TypicalPaddy

CiboC wrote: »
    Just received an email asking about availablity for interview over the next two weeks... Groovy! :)

Congrats man ! Glad to know I might still hear yet !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,522 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Folks just to give you a heads up there are 240 people down to be interviewed in total for 25 jobs this year

Folks just to give you a heads up there are 240 people down to be interviewed in total for 25 jobs this year

Good to know thanks for that ! Did they tell you up at the interview ? 28,000 applied in the beginning so did well to get this far !

• Advertisement

malachy1 wrote: »
    Sure look not dead till they pull the trigger ya know. Would like the ego boost of an oul message to say look boss you're next when we've these jacks sussed tho know what I mean.

Know the feeling mate fed up being in limbo ! Emailed last week and they said they'd be in touch just delayed .... I'll be pissed if it's just a delayed rejection letter

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

It's a public service job application - be patient ffs

Mc Love wrote:

Yes it is but up to the point of interview/medical it moved along at a gallop.

malachy1 wrote: »
    To be fair lad you sound a bit wound up there yourself like.

Not at all, just annoyed with all this "i'm getting really impatient" or "feel like I'm in limbo" grow up. You'll hear when they release any more info.

Mc Love wrote: »
    Not at all, just annoyed with all this "i'm getting really impatient" or "feel like I'm in limbo" grow up. You'll hear when they release any more info.

Where's all the love McLove ?? Probably not the best idea to come onto a message board designed to ask questions if you get annoyed by said questions ? As someone else said everything moved unbelievably fast at the start so people obviously assumed it would stay the same. People have put a lot of time into this and just anxious to hear back .....chill the beans pal

• Registered Users Posts: 2 PhilieIre

Hey guys,

I was in the same boat emailed twice and got no response was one of the early ones and got the medical, had to do a stress test after the medical passed that no reply for a few weeks. Then got notified last week on the final interview which I have next week (hopefully goes well), think its just a case of no news being good news as long as your on the list and have been notified. I got told if the interview dates didn't suit I could wait till the next phase so I think they are going through phase by phase, was no indication for when the next phase will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Ais123

Anyone who has sat the interview heard anything or are they waiting until the end of the interviews? I have mine in a few weeks but I was intrigued as to whether it is totally individual based now or still releasing results as a group

PhilieIre wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I was in the same boat emailed twice and got no response was one of the early ones and got the medical, had to do a stress test after the medical passed that no reply for a few weeks. Then got notified last week on the final interview which I have next week (hopefully goes well), think its just a case of no news being good news as long as your on the list and have been notified. I got told if the interview dates didn't suit I could wait till the next phase so I think they are going through phase by phase, was no indication for when the next phase will be.

That's awesome thanks for the info ! I was one of the very last phase 2 slots so hopefully just sitting at the bottom of the list ! Best of luck in the interview , Congrats !!

Where's all the love McLove ?? Probably not the best idea to come onto a message board designed to ask questions if you get annoyed by said questions ? As someone else said everything moved unbelievably fast at the start so people obviously assumed it would stay the same. People have put a lot of time into this and just anxious to hear back .....chill the beans pal

Annoying when you're suscribed to the thread, and nothing meaningful is being added, except for people moaning about not hearing anything. Its a public service, its to be expected that things will move slow.

Ais123 wrote:
    Anyone who has sat the interview heard anything or are they waiting until the end of the interviews? I have mine in a few weeks but I was intrigued as to whether it is totally individual based now or still releasing results as a group

Can you give us an idea of what the interview entails?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Ais123

khaldrogo wrote: »
    Can you give us an idea of what the interview entails?

I haven’t had the interview yet just scheduled for it but it’s exactly like the other stages they sent me a detailed email with what to expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Rubbish, the process has been a shambles. Total miss management by the HR team.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Rubbish, the process has been a shambles. Total miss management by the HR team.

Welcome to the public service

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭seanbrady49

Has anyone Outside Dublin been contacted since the online assessment?
    Particularly on the west coast?
    My brother in law got a thanks but no thanks but have not heard a thing since.
    Not getting too upset but 2 months without any correspondence is odd but then again 28000 people applied so i guess it would take a while to get through to them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Welcome to the public service

Public service may have its problems however IE cannot use this. Its poor management and this is demonstrated across most departments in the company.

1 - Opening applications for all jobs when a phased process should be used.
    2 - No clear process for candidates outlined.
    3 - Handing of Medicals/Interviews pretty poor.
    4 - Poor communication and giving people little to no notice.
    5 - It was all rushed and now you can see its taken even longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Moshman

In the same boat, reading with amusement all the posts about medicals, interviews etc. and I haven't heard squat since the online assessment. It's an embarrassment for Irish rail, maybe they'll call us for interview in a year or two or maybe they'll finally get round to forwarding my rejection letter, either way at this stage I'm losing interest fast....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

This thread is like Brexit - unending! All 25,000 people who applied for the jobs must have posted here at this stage and I thought that there was "full" employment in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Public service may have its problems however IE cannot use this. Its poor management and this is demonstrated across most departments in the company.

1 - Opening applications for all jobs when a phased process should be used.
    2 - No clear process for candidates outlined.
    3 - Handing of Medicals/Interviews pretty poor.
    4 - Poor communication and giving people little to no notice.
    5 - It was all rushed and now you can see its taken even longer.

It's the same with internal jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 MrBumBum

I'm in similar boat to a lot of people , just waiting to hear about an interview.
    It would make sense to me for interviews to be conducted in descending order of Irish rails preference, so would assume anyone not called yet is a bit down the list... I might be wrong.

For those that have interviewed - is the whole 2 hours spent going over the 50 or so personality questions? Surely more to it than that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭CiboC

The interview confirmation email I received says about 1 hour reviewing 16pf, and then the balance of the time as a panel interview.

A previous poster mentioned that there were 3 people on the panel.

Advertisement