Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Transport manager fees

• 03-09-2018 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭

First time poster over here

Looking at a project for a client and wondering what would be the general cost of hiring a Self employed third party transport manager for say a haulage firm or bus company

I understand that although the manager is qualified it’s max 4 companies they can manager for and max 50 vehicles.

Mods if this is in the wrong area please move

Also if someone doesn’t want to share prices I will accept pm.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

Anyone
    First time poster over here

Looking at a project for a client and wondering what would be the general cost of hiring a Self employed third party transport manager for say a haulage firm or bus company

I understand that although the manager is qualified it’s max 4 companies they can manager for and max 50 vehicles.

Mods if this is in the wrong area please move

Also if someone doesn’t want to share prices I will accept pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,235 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I honestly don't know. Contacting transport companies or recruitment agents that work in the area may give you an idea.

Full-time with 50 vehicles, I would expect to be paying €50,000-100,000 per year for the manager only, with the operator paying for everything else.

Victor wrote: »
    I honestly don't know. Contacting transport companies or recruitment agents that work in the area may give you an idea.

Full-time with 50 vehicles, I would expect to be paying €50,000-100,000 per year for the manager only, with the operator paying for everything else.

Yes that seems to be the going rate 50 /60k in midlands on a salary. That costs 20/25 % more for holidays PRSI bank holidays without costs of office space etc

Thank you

so a bit of research so far

Getting fees of between 400 - 2000 per vehicle per year plus vat
    retainer of 1500/2000l plus vat per year

and additional cost of 25/35 per additional artic trailer per month plus vat

(I think the lad who told me 400 was maybe telling porkies but anyway)

In the UK the prices are £100/125 per truck per month so £1200/1500 per year plus vat @20%.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Did you get sorted? I only have one customer with three truck's and charge 300 per month.

• Advertisement
Advertisement