Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ParcelMotel refund?

• 10-01-2021 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭

Has anyone managed to get a refund for unused credit in their ParcelMotel account?

If so how did you get it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Just send them an email with your PMid and they'll refund you. I contacted them through twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭long_b

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Just send them an email with your PMid and they'll refund you. I contacted them through twitter.

How long did it take for you?
    I sent a mail 20 days ago and nothing back (apart from an automated Zendesk reply)

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭lordsheepface

i'm in their helpdesk queue too so it's not just you. they just don't have the staff to handle stuff efficiently it seems. shame because they were once top notch.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭grimeire

@long_b

Thanks for the thread i had totally forgot i even had 30 in that account.

iwillhtfu wrote: »

How did they actually refund you via bank transfer?

For anyone else who doesnt have a twitter account here is there email address.

support@parcelmotel.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Are they definitely not going to provide an alternative? Maybe a virtual address in the continent?

I'd give them some time to get themselves in order. Having said that, I have very little money with them left.

• Advertisement

They got back on to me there.
    Said they'd send a refund via PayPal

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

How long did your reply take?

How long did your reply take?

First contacted on 21/12

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

Thanks! Emailed around 10 days ago so will be interesting to see!

Emailed on the 12th and all i got back was they opened a ticket and expect a response in 3-4 days.

Checked my junk/spam folder and had nothing since.

• Advertisement

been 20+ days since i first contacted them and they finally responded to say they are refunding me via paypal and it may take up to 15 days to appear in my paypal account

Still waiting on the refund now since January.

Anytime i contact them to ask them why its taking so long they just say sorry and say they will escalate with accounts manager.

Terrible service.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,223 ✭✭✭✭endacl

grimeire wrote: »

Anytime i contact them to ask them why its taking so long they just say sorry and say they will escalate with accounts manager.

Terrible service.

In fairness, their business model has pretty much just collapsed?

grimeire wrote: »

Terrible service.

Same

endacl wrote: »
    In fairness, their business model has pretty much just collapsed?

Its their own fault if their business collapsed as they knew this was coming for a long time. Your business collapsing is also not an excuse to keep peoples money.

There is also nothing stopping them from continuing on and just do what DPD, Addresspal etc.. are doing. I for one would use them if the service was the same as before as they were the most reliable, fast and value for money.

long_b wrote: »
    Same

Finally got it back yesterday. Keep annoying them hopefully you will get it soon.

Got my refund back today.
    Just keep at them.

Advertisement