Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

id in dublin

• 10-07-2001 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭

in general are clubs and pubs strict on id in dublin [espicaly in the swords area] i am going 2 dublin for 3 weeks and i want to go out but i am only 17 [18 in december] i have a fake collage usit id will dat do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Yes.

Say what pubs will you be going out in, swear I phone the cops.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

dont know .i am been sent by my company to stock a new shop that they are opening in swords in augest .any sugestions for clubs and pubs i should go 2?

how strict is strict? here in limerick i can get in to most places

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Its been years since any places I know accept usits. From what I hear, now theres more weight carried with age cards than licences.

most places in limerick accept usit but i look old anyway [i am only 5 months shy of 18]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

If its one of those poncy upscale bar/clubs like Fireworks/Q Bar/Zanzibar/etc. etc. then yes.
    Plenty of other decent places in Dublin to go to, so do.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

If you're going to be in Swords anyway, you might as well try out a couple of the local pubs... like the Slaughtered Lamb and the Lord Mayor's. The Mayor's has a great trad session every week (Wednesday evenings I think), as does Ryan's at the end of main street (not sure what day...)... although it may not be called "Ryans" any more... "Tabhairne an Chaisleáin" I think it is now...

Slaughtered Lamb seems lax enough about age... as far as I'm aware (having never in my life been refused anywhere... ... almost wink.gif )

Bard
    "I have a plan... and it's as hot... AS MY PANTS!!!" - Lord Flashheart.

[This message has been edited by Bard (edited 10-07-2001).]

k thanx ill have a look at them when i go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

K,

I don't know about the Usit ID, coz they are so easily forged these days. Back in my day I came up with a pretty sweeet idea to use video tape @ the back of the card. This made it look like the magnetic strip when done right. That used to work in a lot of places, until I got busted making them for clients in school. :-)

Anyway if that is the only ID you have, make sure you dress well (ie. Shoes, Kax, Shirt), but if you are simply going to a local D2 pub, you brobably won't need it. Venture any further and you won't want to give the bouncers an excuse apart from your age to refuse you.

If a bouncer refuses you, don't stay there like a tool arguing with them. Just try somewhere else coz you will probably give the them a better chance of remembering you next time.

Ok I could ramble on here all day, coz my experience with this lark extends over many years. Tis only since I turned 21, it's stopped.

;-phobos-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

On student nights, you obviously need a college id, but usit's *can* do the trick.
    Age cards don't state that you are in college so they may not be accepted, as with passports, so either college id's or a USIT should do, on student nights that is wink.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,240 ✭✭✭✭Victor

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Fidelis:
    On student nights, you obviously need a college id, but usit's *can* do the trick.
    Age cards don't state that you are in college so they may not be accepted, as with passports, so either college id's or a USIT should do, on student nights that is wink.gif
    </font>

I got carded at a college night - when I was 26, eh "HELLO, do I look 17?"

Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Most places won't take college I.D. nowadays as they're gone "strict" on us. I'm nearly 21 and have to use my passport everywhere i go or it's mister hand saying "go on my son,push me away and i'll mince ya" . Student nights are on wednesday so use the card then ,if not however, bring the passport coz you may be turned away without a reason or they'll say " i can't accept that i.d., or sorry,NO. Don't go to fireworks, it's **** or the sidewalk for the same reason. Go to somewhere like the palace where there's loads o' birds or go to a "trendy" bar like zanzibar or Messr's on the quays.

"that island has freedom written all over it, sir, that's cuba"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

******, ******, ******.
    You won't need any form of Id in Dublin as long as your attitude and your look is right.
    I've been going to upmarket places, (lillies bordello, the morrison, capitol etc...) since I was 16 with no problems and no id.
    just make sure that you have nice clothes.
    and walk up to the doors with your head held high.
    If they stop you, look at them in disgust, say "id?" laugh, then push by them.
    This will keep you in good stead in your time in dublin.
    Simply, look like you own the place and they'll let you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fisty:
    [BIf they stop you, look at them in disgust, say "id?" laugh, then push by them.[/B]</font>

lol, yeh, thats going to work in Lillies biggrin.gif

worked for me...
    honestly - just treat them like ****, everyone else is kinda like "can i come in please sir?" and it gives them an option to say no.
    Just scoff at them as if they're the people hired to open the door for you WHICH THEY ARE and thats all and they're usually so shocked (and stupid) that you're at the bar ordering a manhattan before they've realised a young fellah just shat all over them.

btw, lillies never ask for id - they just either let you in or not - thet's where being well dressed comes in.
    and stop categorising places like zanzibar and firewaorks as "trendy". If you think these places are trendy you really have no idea.

[This message has been edited by fisty (edited 16-07-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I have never been asked for ID, but I know in Kilkenny they won't accept anything but national age cards in most of the pubs, well all excluding the scumbag pubs. So be prepared to be refused.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

*rembers* dub .... never been refused apart form fitzsimmons { if i spelt that right } then i asked 2 c the owner was refused that then rang the owners when outside and asked there son my bothers m8 to come out and slap these bouncers around the head

what type of world will we live in when there is no world ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Chaos-Engine

Generally U will require a passport or Drivers licence as ID

USIT cards r too easy to forge...

(that is in the city centre)

I probably am not aloud mention a pub that u can get into but i will hint wink.gif
    it is around the corner from DNC temple bar...
    -->"H@nD3ls"
    I don't know what swords is like but i suppose they r OAP pubs and locals
    the above pub is mainly your age group.
    and it is around the corner from DnC smile.gif
    If u can get someones passport or a gf i suggest u goto "Bruxelles" just off grafton street...they have a rocker basement that has been in existance since the birth of Bob Dylan, Check it out...(i'll be teh guy with the strippy blue trousers and teh velvet jacket...NO i ain't gay lol smile.gif... just a looney)
    Have Fun

"Information is Ammunition"
    Choas Engine
    Email: choas@netshop.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

Be warned, alot of place's Not accepting Provisinal Licances anymore, there's a mountain of fakes going around @ tho mo. Passports ur best bet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

As was said earlier you have to walk in with your head held high...lookin as though you own the place. Back in my day(lol)I found that worked a treat!
    I once told a bouncer my date of birth was 75 instead of 73 makin me 17 at the time and he seemed confused and just let me in?!?!? Nice one, most of them dont have a clue. They wouldn't let me in to a bar in Temple Bar cos I was wearing a £80 pair of Vans trainers!!! Go figure..personally I wouldnt go near town at the moment.. too much hassle getting home and me boll-x am I getting a night link to Dun Loaire!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Interesting post - you should have a look at the front page of today's Evening Herald...
    biggrin.gif

Your timing could have been better unfortunately! smile.gifsmile.gif

If you can't get a hold of a copy, it's basically an enormous scandal feature about a 16 year old who teamed up with one of the Herald journos to see if she could get served anywhere - the entire front page is a picture of this young wan with a pink scarf with a bottle of beer in one hand and a glass in the other - the caption is some 'the rewards of sin' rubbish or something!! And they don't even name a pub that she was in, so it's no help to you there!!

It's never too late to have a happy childhood.

[This message has been edited by Minesajackdaniels (edited 19-07-2001).]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Chaos-Engine:

I probably am not aloud mention a pub that u can get into but i will hint wink.gif
    it is around the corner from DNC temple bar...
    ...(i'll be teh guy with the strippy blue trousers and teh velvet jacket...NO i ain't gay lol smile.gif... just a looney)
    Have Fun

</font>
    If you think he means isoldes tower - you should know its gay on wednesdays.
    He may also be talking about the turks head where they let in anyone with a skateboard and who looks like a rocker.

Chaos - were you in the institute in 2000?
    I knew a guy with blue trousers and a velvet jacket - he wore bowling shoes.... loony is an understatement

[This message has been edited by fisty (edited 19-07-2001).]

Advertisement